Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

I have respect for Honda but putting conventional forks on the new 650 line (and also the 500 line imo) is not of this time anymore. They look good on a retro bike like the cb1000 though.

Those 650's would look so much better with upside down forks. Hell, even a zoomer x has 'em

Edited by pokerkid

http://www.ninja250t...c&topic=42540.0

LL, please explain this depreciation. looking forward to it, I haven't laughed too much today yet. i need some comic relief.

any more examples or only one?

maybe this one is crashed as well?

forum member Nomadjoe is selling his ninja 650. 6 months old for only 215.000, I am sure You can calculate the depreciation..whistling.gif

Went to Honda big Wind yesterday because I was planing to change my booking to the CBR650F instead of CB500X. but they said it can take up to 8 months to get the bike. so I gave up and stay on the CB500

since I was there I test ride all the tree CB500 F/X/R, and I just loved the 500F. The 500X felt too heavy and not easy on the counter steering, I just did not like it.

My GF did not like the seating position of the 500R, and me neither.

I'm in love with the 500F, Im getting a black one on the 7th of January, when i'm back from trip home, (big wing ram intra is closed 28-Dec to Jan-6)

I think for 205K baht, it's a very good bike for it's price.

Anybody recommend the 10,000 Baht yearly insurance honda bing wing offered me?

any other insurance companies I can choose?

and what happened to the CB500 thread here in Thaivisa? it's gone..

Went to Honda big Wind yesterday because I was planing to change my booking to the CBR650F instead of CB500X. but they said it can take up to 8 months to get the bike. so I gave up and stay on the CB500

since I was there I test ride all the tree CB500 F/X/R, and I just loved the 500F. The 500X felt too heavy and not easy on the counter steering, I just did not like it.

I'm in love with the 500F, Im getting a black one on the 7th of January, when i'm back from trip home, (big wing ram intra is closed 28-Dec to Jan-6)

It isn't in this thread about Benelli"s, mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm in love with the 500F, Im getting a black one on the 7th of January, when i'm back from trip home, (big wing ram intra is closed 28-Dec to Jan-6)

You mean this one?: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-110?p=7077300#entry7077300

• Like 1

great and congrats! 205 thb is a great price for this bike for Thailand.

500f is a great bike but cb500x is better and more comfy especially if a passenger will be on it often IMO.

10,000 thb insurance is really good and cheaper than many. Just get it also no hassle as they do it for you.

Honda reminds me of Microsoft in Thailand. If you start talking about alternatives there is always someone who insists the newest boring Windows would be much better smile.png

Ummh...other than Honda products don't have as many faults. So it's more like in a production environment somebody bringing up GIMP on Linux and others mentioning they should just use Photoshop on OSX.

• Like 1

Honda reminds me of Microsoft in Thailand. If you start talking about alternatives there is always someone who insists the newest boring Windows would be much better smile.png

poor comparison.

honda means reliability, microsoft means compatibility.

• Like 1

Ummh...other than Honda products don't have as many faults. So it's more like in a production environment somebody bringing up GIMP on Linux and others mentioning they should just use Photoshop on OSX.

It was just a thought about how many people use a certain product/brand and the consequences of such monopoly. People tend to lose the ability to question their own choices in such environments.

Btw, i can not say that my favorite Linux distribution is trouble free. So i can understand people using Windows and buying Honda bikes. Its the easy way, so for most it is the best choice, even if the product itself isn't the best.

great and congrats! 205 thb is a great price for this bike for Thailand.

500f is a great bike but cb500x is better and more comfy especially if a passenger will be on it often IMO.

10,000 thb insurance is really good and cheaper than many. Just get it also no hassle as they do it for you.

F is more comfortable than the X imo.

Met with a guy at bigwing bangkok today and his benelli 600 cc was at 2100 km.

He told me he had no problems so far and he is happy with the bike.

Except, he said bike feels very heavy and hard to balance while riding - which is really a bad impression for him - Also fueling is not very good he added.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13868389874112_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, an insider report. Its not falling apart in the first 1000 km smile.png

and who would gave guessed it would come from ll2 thumbsup.gif . Would like to hear from more owners , then we will know if its a lemon or a good bike.

i m a septic but a fair guy pokerkid. the guy looks like he was ok with the bike but balance and fueling problems are serious if you ask me.

and i feel sorry for you guys as no one is buying this bike so no reviewsbiggrin.png

• Like 1

and who would gave guessed it would come from ll2 thumbsup.gif . Would like to hear from more owners , then we will know if its a lemon or a good bike.

i m a septic but a fair guy pokerkid. the guy looks like he was ok with the bike but balance and fueling problems are serious if you ask me.

and i feel sorry for you guys as no one is buying this bike so no reviewsbiggrin.png

The thing is that quit a few have been sold but my guess is mainly to thai guys and the one farang on this forum.....You know the story. I just read a post on an other topic that said that a few Benelli's have been sold on the expo,

Quote: A friend showed me the figures of bookings taken during the show earlier and Honda had the most by far, just over 1000 if I remember correctly, followed by Kawasaki with a few hundred. Ducati were quite high on the list as were Benelli and then KTM, Triumph, Keeway etc with MV Agusta bottom with 18.

• Like 1

Septic? Now i think you are a bit harsh on yourself, but OK, thats more than fair wink.png

But what "balance and fueling problems"? An inline four is sure not the best choice for city riding. And how can he be happy with a bike that has "fueling problems"? This makes me SCEPTICAL about the report. Maybe his english wasn't the best, maybe your thai isn't the best? But at least we know now there is an owner out on the streets somewhere smile.png

Septic? Now i think you are a bit harsh on yourself, but OK, thats more than fair wink.png

But what "balance and fueling problems"? An inline four is sure not the best choice for city riding. And how can he be happy with a bike that has "fueling problems"? This makes me SCEPTICAL about the report. Maybe his english wasn't the best, maybe your thai isn't the best? But at least we know now there is an owner out on the streets somewhere smile.png

actually there are many many owners out there. like i said before most of them are Thai so to find a review we have to look at thai sites.

here are some guys in Chiang Mai on a ride,

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=218134361680496&set=vb.212435778917021&type=2&theater

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

The inline four engine of the Benelli BN600 is indeed a bit bigger than the average 600cc four-cylinder, Benelli engineers didn't need to minimize the engine that much as the engine is part of the frame. While the construction set-up is not that extreme as with the Ducati Panigalel models, where the engine is actually somewhat replaced the frame. The engine of the Ducati Panigale models is also a bit bigger than the previous mode...

With the traditional set-up the engine “hangs” in the frame and is not designed to handle any stress, with the Benelli BN600 and a few other most European motorcycles we can see that the engine size increased a bit and the engine takes a more active role in the overall construction of the chassis.

The inline four engine of the Benelli BN600 is indeed a bit bigger than the average 600cc four-cylinder, Benelli engineers didn't need to minimize the engine that much as the engine is part of the frame. While the construction set-up is not that extreme as with the Ducati Panigalel models, where the engine is actually somewhat replaced the frame. The engine of the Ducati Panigale models is also a bit bigger than the previous mode...

With the traditional set-up the engine “hangs” in the frame and is not designed to handle any stress, with the Benelli BN600 and a few other most European motorcycles we can see that the engine size increased a bit and the engine takes a more active role in the overall construction of the chassis.

Interesting, would that be to save money or increase performance do you think Richard?

And does that mean they 'increased' the size of the Yamaha-based engine - or was it big too?

I will go to Benelli main shop by Ram Intra rd. this weekend for a test ride - traffic ride will be included - as the owner of Benelli which is a nice guy invited me there.

I will post my honest impressions about the bike here so we can have something more and real to talk about this bike apart from constant discussions that move us nowhere.

• Like 1

ll2, so what "fueling problems" did the guy you met at Big Wing mention? Is the bike using too much fuel? Or problems with the fuel injection? Does he have problems at the gas station to open the filler cap? You start talking about "serious problems" but don't explain what you mean.

ll2, so what "fueling problems" did the guy you met at Big Wing mention? Is the bike using too much fuel? Or problems with the fuel injection? Does he have problems at the gas station to open the filler cap? You start talking about "serious problems" but don't explain what you mean.

why being negative wantan?

I am just passing the words of another guy so that is why i will go and do a test ride at Benelli. Is this bother you? If yes, why?

Fueling problem most probably means glitch low rev ride, rev fluctuations or a bad fueling map set in ecu etc.