True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic..... Only slightly..... Anyone figured out if the Barclays Asia Cup will be shown on any channel.

Spurs v Sunderland v Man City v Chinese boys. 24-27 July in Hong Kong.

You numpty.

biggrin.png

Almost certainly, best answer is to check the BKK Post on the day.

Chic Coq..... Thanks for your illuminating reply. Nearest Bangkok Post is 30 mins drive away.... So not so convenient for me. So your gobby gooner reply not as smart as you envisaged. Thanks for trying though. Enjoyed the attempt!

Yeah too keeneaow to buy one more like.

thumbsup.gif

A very good point indeed,because if they only have the footy and like me you watch many other sports which only True are carrying its not going to be any cheaper only more expensive to run the two systems unfortunately.

Thinking about it, they have Star sports and 2 Fox sports channels so it could be only Boxing and Rugby that they don't show !

Don't forget the Fight Channel, lots of boxing.

But i wonder if they are going to have the big fights as they are the only ones that i'm really interested in !

Edited by alfieconn

A very good point indeed,because if they only have the footy and like me you watch many other sports which only True are carrying its not going to be any cheaper only more expensive to run the two systems unfortunately.

Thinking about it, they have Star sports and 2 Fox sports channels so it could be only Boxing and Rugby that they don't show !

Don't forget the Fight Channel, lots of boxing.

But i wonder if they are going to have the big fights as they are the only ones that i'm really interested in !

If I was a betting man then I would say no. It's called 'the fight channel' which sounds a bit second rate to me.

It seems like some are already missing True (those nasty people that rip everyone off)

Edited by hotandhumid

I'm beginning to think thisplace down in Patttaya are not authorized dealers...Why no boxes yet? Why did they ask for a deposit? Why is it Bt3,500 for dish and box and not bt1,800? Something here smells.

Would I be right in saying that you should only make your payments to CTH direct?

If this lot are cowboys then I don't know what to do instead.

Refer to post #668

No payment in advance for local dealer.

Local supplier paid for box deposit and installation costs only (on site on day of fitting).

CTH will raise an invoice for subscription costs and send to you by post for payment at the bank.

At least this is the case fo paying subs annually.

Edited by iancnx

I don't think I'm going to have much choice but to stick with True. My Bangkok condo has a communal True dish and there appears to be little chance of getting CTH before the season starts. No one I know in Bangkok has got CTH yet.

I'm in the same situation as you, but after a combination of pleading and charming, the condo Nazis are going to allow me to install a dish on my terrace. Of course that is only the first ring of fire to jump through. Its amazing to me that folks are having an easier time negotiating the CTH installation/set up process damn near everywhere in Thailand except Bangkok ! <deleted> ?!facepalm.gif

• Like 1

You should note that the CTH dish points at about 131.east, opposite direction to True. As my apartment faces doi Suthep mountain, I also had to persuade the condo to allow me to stick a dish on the condo roof in order to receive the signal. Outside my room was not possible.

Does anyone know how I can find a supplier for CTH in Phetchabun ?

I've searched all the shops I know at present with no luck,I've started a thread also in the central Thailand section with only one reply.

I'm sure that if you told them that there was a good drink in it for them (something a Hammer would know all about laugh.png ), they would conjure up a box from somewhere whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

I don't want to hear any more whinging about CTH. We're stuck with Al Ja-f***ing-zeera, and if you want a sports broadcast screwed up, they're the people to give it to.

bah.gif

Edited by Chicog

If I was a betting man then I would say no. It's called 'the fight channel' which sounds a bit second rate to me.

It seems like some are already missing True (those nasty people that rip everyone off)

Not me, I'm more than happy with CTH right now and looking forward to the EPL. Great picture, better than I ever had with True and there's Fox Sports and Star Sports, which is plenty for me. I like Sky News, watch Fox News, Bio and Star World in small doses and that's about it. When I had True I only watched EPL, BBC/CNN and BBC Entertainment, maybe History. Now I stream the English TV for free, loads of good dramas in fact too much to watch I have Frost backed up a long way. And the bonus is that it's one half of what I paid True, so I'm more than happy.

• Like 1

I don't want to hear any more whinging about CTH. We're stuck with Al Ja-f***ing-zeera, and if you want a sports broadcast screwed up, they're the people to give it to.

bah.gif

Aren't Keys and Gray their 'front men' for next season..

Apparently so. That doesn't bother me as much as Al Jazeera's track record for fuc_king up broadcasts and providing ten different arabic commentaries and no English. And even if they add the three HD channels they claim they are adding, it still isn't enough to show every game live in HD, and their SD is woeful. Plus it means buying a third box in six years and finding somewhere to put it.

These sheikhs are <deleted>. If they all got together they'd get sports rights much cheaper and you wouldn't need a different box for EPL, F1, Cricket, etc.

But they've always got to try and outdo each other, they're like big kids.

Edited by Chicog

bah.gif

Apparently so. That doesn't bother me as much as Al Jazeera's track record for fuc_king up broadcasts and providing ten different arabic commentaries and no English. And even if they add the three HD channels they claim they are adding, it still isn't enough to show every game live in HD, and their SD is woeful. Plus it means buying a third box in six years and finding somewhere to put it.

These sheikhs are <deleted>. If they all got together they'd get sports rights much cheaper and you wouldn't need a different box for EPL, F1, Cricket, etc.

And the main sponsors of the Arse are?

Sounds like a good reposte but if someone gives you loads of dosh to paint their name on your tin roof you say thank you very much and move on! Not the same as having big kids as an owner. I have my issues with our owner, but childish he aint

Happy to hear the good reports of CTH and looking forward to getting mine in and a better picture. Pic I have with true is rubbish.

Btw, probably a daft question but when I cancel true and they come to collect the boxes will they take the dish with them too?

Happy to hear the good reports of CTH and looking forward to getting mine in and a better picture. Pic I have with true is rubbish.

Btw, probably a daft question but when I cancel true and they come to collect the boxes will they take the dish with them too?

I discussed this with the CTH installer yesterday, as my missus uses the True dish for her GMM box. The CTH guy is ex employee of Truevisions and he insisted that all true will want back is the receiver. Hope so, as it will mean i do not have to purchase another dish.

My condo in Phra Khanong, Bangkok have confirmed today that they are unable to get CTH for the condo. I am also forbidden, under the condo's rules, from fixing my own satellite dish to my condo wall or balcony.

So, no Premier League for me on TV next season.

Not happy.

bah.gif

Emirates, who had the footy for the last three years and did an absolutely flawless job - every single game live, PLTV hosted from London, and I would have been happy for it to stay where it was.