All roads lead to Metropolitan Police Bureau : Suthep

Lite Beer

POLITICS
All roads lead to Metropolitan Police Bureau : Suthep

BANGKOK: -- Rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban on Monday said all anti-government protesters from every rally site will march to lay siege Metropolitan police Bureau.

He declared this to the cheering crowds at the Government Complex, which was also broadcast to Rajdamnoen rally site. The mobilization of the protesters to the bureau is aimed to show what he called the bad police of people's power.

He claimed the bad police were behind the reason he was charged of being treason. He said he was ready to be arrested and will stay overnight at the rally site. "If you want to arrest me, you are more than welcomed," he told the cheering crowds.

He stressed the protest tomorrow would be conducted in peaceful manner.

He said the bad police took side with Yingluck and they were behind the death of Ramkamhaeng student and fired tear gas on the protesters everyday.

"I had asked them to take side with the protesters, but my request turned out that police fired more tear gas on us," he said.

He claimed that the armed forces took side with people and protesters. "We don't have to be afraid that the army would crackdown on protesters at the order of the premier

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-02

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am struggling for words, how to describe what I am just thinking.

The guy is seriously suffering from delusion of grandeur!

delusional if you think the people are going to let this corrupt proxy from dubai and other places government ,continue to be allowed to ruin the country. Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

Thailand clearly needs an independent arbitrator, somebody from UN, Martti Ahtisaari for example. He has been as negotiator in Indonesia, in Northern Ireland and in Kosovo. Otherwise, this metronome like tik-tok power game between reds and yellows will go on for many years.

• Like 2

Excellent speech ,he summed up the puppet yingluck after his talks with her and the shameful police who fire tear gas at peacefulnprotestors and failed to protect the ramkhamhaeng students when their red buddies rallied next to the uni. Time for the army to come out and support the people.

...jupp...totally....coffee1.gif

"A key target is a complete reform of the police department. The police will not be masters but genuine servants of the people."

Some might say that if anybody were to pursue an agenda of fighting corruption in Thailand, a few agencies do spring immediately to mind for reform. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/544156-ombudsman-royal-thai-police-found-to-be-most-corrupt/

I doubt we'd be hearing this now if the police had happened to back him up though.

And the government.

Take out the leaders first. The police only follow their example.

• Like 1

Thailand clearly needs an independent arbitrator, somebody from UN, Martti Ahtisaari for example. He has been as negotiator in Indonesia, in Northern Ireland and in Kosovo. Otherwise, this metronome like tik-tok power game between reds and yellows will go on for many years.

but it doesn't need a compromise, it needs the bad guys banned from politics forever or better from Thailand. The problems today, come from the compromises of the Surayud government. Would they have seized all the Shinawatras have, everything would be peaceful now with some average government.

Just saw a frightening live broadcast on TNN. It was a street shot, and I am uncertain where, but I suspect Police HQ. There were many loud bangs (either fireworks, I hope, or gunfire).

Tomorrow is shaping up to be very sad and noisy.

Edited by FangFerang

"A key target is a complete reform of the police department. The police will not be masters but genuine servants of the people."

Some might say that if anybody were to pursue an agenda of fighting corruption in Thailand, a few agencies do spring immediately to mind for reform. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/544156-ombudsman-royal-thai-police-found-to-be-most-corrupt/

I doubt we'd be hearing this now if the police had happened to back him up though.

True, if you have a corrupt police everything else is corrupt.

• Like 2

I am struggling for words, how to describe what I am just thinking.

The guy is seriously suffering from delusion of grandeur!

you wish

You wish to put power in hand of a megalomaniac ultra nationalist.

I live in Bangkok, and the idea to see Suthep get power without someone to "contain" him, scares me.

What about you?

It doesn't scare me at all. Anything is better than being ruled by people who actually do not live in Bangkok. As a matter of fact, not even in Thailand. Surely, they will never represent all Thais. Obviously you have short memory of red mob militants bullying and terrorizing ordinary Bangkokians for months. Give us a break.

But this clown and his followers will do exactly that?

How?

Just tell me how that would work in your opinion.

I am really, really interested!

• Like 1