Angry Rodman defends N Korea visit

webfact

His first visit was good and I defended him at that time, but this time he has really lost it. Whilst it is true that he is not a diplomat and the American being held hostage by the DPR authorities is a political issue hence not for him to talk about, there is no excuse for his ranting and raving. He seemed drunk to me.

The funniest part was how all of the other players cringed whenever he opened his mouth or tried to speak. One even kind of leans away from. Body language tells all.

• Like 2

He's a US citizen. He doesn't need a visa to get back in the US.

I understood what he meant but preferred to remain quiet. On other hand, I don't really know Rodman's cirizenship as of today. He is a bizarre person and very well may have taken up citizenship...who knows where.

Edited by Benmart

Rodman, has nor moral compass. He is arrogant, narcissistic, self centered, and ignorant. He is all about publicity, and getting the money. Most of his basketball friends are cut from the same cloth.

I agree. He has a compass but the compass rose has dollar signs in lieu of cardinal and intermediate directions.

Unfortunately, the cloth that Rodman and other sports "celebrities" don, is also tailored for many others in this world.

Civility, honesty, fair play, integrity, fidelity,consideration and other admirable traits are clothed in tatters all too often. Money, power, prestige and sex seems to be the motivating force for many and R(oddman) seems to wear that suit quite well.

If not careful, it very well may be his funeral shroud as so often happens to the "Jet Set".

Edited by Benmart

This is just beyond peculiar now . . .

Rodman sings Happy Birthday to North Korea's Kim Jong-un

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25648091

I've met Hanoi Jane. He's no Hanoi Jane. He's Hungry Dog Rodman!

Really, that clip left me speechless.

Do you think he's . . . . you know . . . okay?

He would be okay and quite "normal " if he were addressing a foreign delegation that had just arrived at the Emerald City in the Land of Oz.

II would imagine Patrick Star from Sponge Bob Square Pants or Peter Griffin from Familiy Guy would understand him without any difficulty.

(I watch both with the Grand-kids..LOL)

netball is boring anyway , when you get scores of 115-120 , where is the excitement ?? i don't get it ,......... more thrills in N.Korea no doubt . pity all the innocent n.koreans tho, prisoners in their own country, very sad.

Edited by osiboy

I see the score was North Korea 47 and the Americans (some of the best basketball players there is) 39. Wise decision by the Americans to lose, in doing so they probably saved the lives of the entire North Korean team.

I am sure the Korean team couldn't stop thinking of this song until the Americans handed them victory

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis Rodman checks into alcohol rehab after N. Korea trip

(CNN) -- Former basketball star Dennis Rodman checked into an East Coast alcohol-rehabilitation center after facing backlash for his visit to North Korea, a source close to Rodman told CNN.
He entered the center Wednesday, according to the source. It's not clear how long he will remain in rehab.
  • Like 1

Too bad his friend Kim couldn't join him. They might both benefit from a little counseling and drying out.

Of course, Kim might take a bit longer to get through his step about making amends for his past.

Well, in N. Korea it's actually the inmates who run the asylum... And they don't call it "rehab" there, they call it "re-education". "Twelve steps" is about the distance they use for the firing squads, isn't it?

Dennis Rodman checks into alcohol rehab after N. Korea trip

(CNN) -- Former basketball star Dennis Rodman checked into an East Coast alcohol-rehabilitation center after facing backlash for his visit to North Korea, a source close to Rodman told CNN.
He entered the center Wednesday, according to the source. It's not clear how long he will remain in rehab.

Special "rehab" for the PR damaged.

• Like 1

This is not Rodman's first stint in Rehab. I believe when he was on Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice", he went out one night and got tanked and ended up in Rehab...or at least off the show with the instructions to get help.

I think he was also on Dr. Drew's "Celebrity Rehab" as an inmate...I mean patient.

I do hope he gets himself cleaned up. God only knows what he and little Kim might dream up one night when they are really drunk.

Really the CNN news guy was an idiot to be asking him a question like that while Rodman and the other players were sitting there in North Korea. He knows it could be very bad for them to be saying anything negative about North Korea while they are in North Korea. Utterly irresponsible in my view. Rodman didn't have to answer it like he did and he was drunk, but it was a stupid question to ask in the first place.

They weren't paid by the regime to be there, either, they were paid by an Irish betting company and by a documentary film crew.

I don't see why any of those guys should be admonished at all for going there, only Rodman for his drunken belligerence. They were there to try and, even if in a small way, show every day N. Koreans that outsiders are not as bad as they are made out to be by the government. For human contact and exposing them to another culture that could spark small seeds in some of the people, there. Yes they had to do ass kissing to the regime, but they have no idea who's minds and hearts they touched by being there. Sure they were mostly with higher ups and privileged people, but those are the only people who can possibly invoke change in the country. It's a double-edged sword and they did make money, but I can't really judge them for going. It's too easy to do that without realizing in small ways they could have done some good, though it will be unseen and unknown just how much.

• Like 1

Rodman is engaging in a kind of diplomacy, as such, it is well within the right of any news agency to question him about the trip. He should be able to articulate his views in a diplomatic manner. He didn't and as such he is particularly dangerous. I don't think we need inarticulate drunks engaging in any diplomatic matters.

Rodman would likely get booted out of Pattaya. He represents no one well.

Cancel Rodman's Visa back to the U.S.A. and label him a traitor. Let NK keep him. No loss to the U.S.A.!

Must be nice to be judge jury and executioner, eh? Bit like the marshmallow boy running North Korea. Peas of a pod and all that.

• Like 1