Suthep threatens to capture five caretaker Cabinet members, Pheu Thai secretary-general

Lite Beer

Sadly it's only a threat. If there would be a corruption blacklist or something in Thailand, these 5 guys would be in the top 10.

Well I guess if one of the red shirt guys says kidnap the generals daughters, then maybe Suthep thinks he can do the same! whistling.gif

The question should be, will those 5 PTP members hang around and wait to be kidnapped or are they packing their bags for Dubai?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly it's only a threat. If there would be a corruption blacklist or something in Thailand, these 5 guys would be in the top 10.

Nickymaster,

Perhaps you should take a quick look at this guy's history of corruption and do a re-think,,,

1995 land title deeds in Khao sam liam, Kamala, and in Phuket.

2009 Disqualification as MP accused of violating the Thailand constitution by holding equity in a media firm,

Murder charges relating to 2010,

and now threats to kidnap five government officials,

and an oxygen thief.(unofficial but herd it mentioned)whistling.gif

He has no respect for foreigner's so why do you support this person???????????????????????????????blink.png

That is a very boring CV for a Thai Politician who has been around for decades....mate! Two cases the last 18 years and some trumped up charges from Tharit from the DSI.

So just a little corrupt is ok then? "Two cases the last 18 years" you seem to have a little trouble counting mate...blink.png

C'mon, No matter what side of the political fence, if your corrupt then you should be punished simple really...

I want to see the English words written, Threatens to capture, or hear him speak the words.

Or is this thread just to give more food for the pro gov posters to come in on.??

I cannot imagine him going up to each one and saying "I am capturing you" and then do it.

each one has his own body guard anyway......................I find this thread lacking in pictures and words to back it up.

You have both Bangkok English language newspapers reporting this in the last hour. If you want the longer version then go to the site of the newspaper we dare not quote.

We cannot question here too much-but why the H#ll use it as a topic if posters have to scurry round sites to get verification, on any matter.

As posters we believe and trust TVF, shame other parties do not want quotes from their news.

If you read Thai, all Thai news website report the same.

Ha Ha, just to inform you I only know a little Thai, but not enough to be a Thai teacher. Spanish-German-French-Swahili -Mongolian- and Lincolnshire.

Now on the conveyer belt at my age I am past learning More Thai Thanks. Thai Rak Thai does not exist any more --pity it was very NEUTRALlaugh.png .

Yesterday the red muppets put a 500,000 bounty on him

Today he upped the ante.

If you didn't complain yesterday then I don't see how you can moan today.

Pure logic

Exactly, no need to jump on high horses for just another marketing silly statement.

We have around 5 of those every day...

Red shirts yesterday = bounty

Chalerm 2 days ago = I F back and coming to get you.

Suthep today = I ll get you first ....

Don't know if I should cry or laugh but...

Amazing Thailand indeed cheesy.gif

Any move against Yingluck, to "take her into custody", will give him the violence for a coup that he wants. He knows damn good and well that the RS from Issan and the North, who regard Yingluck as their "Darling PM", would go into full blown outrage and probably descend on BKK like a locust swarm, and they would be looking for blood. Mainly Suthep's but any member of his group would also do just fine. And most of the "red" cops would either move out of the way, or join in the fray themselves. Result - Army HAS to step in to stop the bloodshed. Coup accomplished. But not sure he would live to see it. Shutting down the Gvt is one thing, "taking into custody" the "Darling of the North" is a whole different ball game.

Yesterday the red muppets put a 500,000 bounty on him

Today he upped the ante.

If you didn't complain yesterday then I don't see how you can moan today.

Pure logic

Indeed you understand Siamese pussy cats He looks like a Million dollars but tourist price 500k or is that the number of lies told or rds blocked or days of red/yellow hegemony.

I'm sure it was all a typo and he meant the ministers need catnap.

As they street level squabble fizzles interesting how baht has GAINED against forex this morning,hard to imagine army backed opposition offering to kidnap cabinet would boost currency in any sane society,however the longer you live here the harder to be shocked by immunity impunity and sheer disbelief of how venal,jejeune and infantile leaders are happy to appear.Some days I tell my wife its a pantomime.

She' replies Oh no it's not.

Let us hope the relatively peaceful blockage is agood omen and The SET and Aero have equally good feng Shuicheesy.gif

No I'm not being ironic the tranpsort Minister blessed the rails ,didn't stop his train falling over.We need more than a song and prayer.

• Like 1

Ginjag, the Bangkok Post is reporting that Suthep made the announcement from the stage at Asok earlier today, but you're right, of course he wouldn't be able to carry out his empty threat.

MMarlow, which empty threat has Suthep NOT carried out so far? Please name one.

The biggest problem he would have is that nobody would pay the ransom and he would be stuck with them for ever.

Can you imagine the cost of keeping Chalerm in ear medicine?

Exactly my thoughts- who would ever waste one baht ransom on Mr. Entotic Murmur?

Suthep Advises Cabinet Members To Evacuate Families

By Khaosod English

BANGKOK: -- PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban has suggested that key members of the government evacuate their families "in case of an emergency".

The Secretary General of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) made the remark on the rally stage at Bangkok′s Asoke Intersection this afternoon, where he also thanked the protesters for their support of his campaign to unseat Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

It is the second day of Mr. Suthep′s "Bangkok shutdown" operation, in which he vowed to occupy many major intersections, landmarks, and roads in Bangkok until the caretaker government resigns and scraps the 2 February general election.

At the Asoke rally stage, Mr. Suthep stressed that his ultimate goal is to replace the current government with an unelected ′People′s Council′ which would implement "reforms" of Thai political system, and dismissed the report that the government might postpone the election to 4 May.

"We won′t accept it," Mr. Suthep told the crowd, "The election′s postponement, no matter how many months, would be meaningless in the eyes of the people. The people have thought ahead toward Thailand′s reform, and the reform required that Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra steps down first"

After Ms. Yingluck and her entire Cabinet resign, Mr. Suthep said, "political vacuum" and the PCAD will establish the People′s Council, which will implement the "reforms" before any election is held.

Mr. Suthep also mocked Ms. Yingluck′s remark that she has retreated in every possible way, "Let me tell her, it is not our duty to build Ms. Yingluck a ladder so she can step down. How she will step down must be decided on her own. What is clear is that she must step down. She cannot stay."

In the next 2-3 days, Mr. Suthep announced, the PCAD will escalate the campaign to drive her out of office by detaining the Prime Minister and every Cabinet member, while the protesters will march to besiege the residences of Ms. Yingluck and her Cabinet.

Electricity and water to these residences would be cut by the protesters, Mr. Suthep warned.

He added, "The game must end. Therefore, that each Minister sends their children and wives to somewhere else, so they can escape in the case of emergency,"

The PCAD secretary general also named a number of officials he described as core supporters of Ms. Yingluck, such as Minister of Foreign Affairs Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Minister of Labour Chalerm Yoobamrung, and Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadee.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UWTVNRE15TXc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-14

Ginjag, the Bangkok Post is reporting that Suthep made the announcement from the stage at Asok earlier today, but you're right, of course he wouldn't be able to carry out his empty threat.

MMarlow, which empty threat has Suthep NOT carried out so far? Please name one.

Maybe a nut with a purpose, but he hasn't got petrol soaked bus tyres -sharpened bamboos- and a thousand paid for buses entering BKK.

• Like 2

isn't kidnap is a terrorist act? just wondering...

No. It's a commercial criminal act in lots of countries. Not necessarily related to or unique to terrorism. Although he's be lucky to get a ransom for that lot.

Suthep probably knows of some obscure Thai law that allows citizens arrest for grand theft or something. Completely off his trolley. About as intelligent as the moron who wants to kill or kidnap the army chief's daughters. Need to be put somewhere nice and safe with appropriate medication.

Once again highlights what a joke the legal system has become. Hardly surprising when the previous government now in caretaker mode, countless HiSo law breakers, and various assorted mafia types, simply ignore it, bend it and cheat justice whenever it suits.

• Like 1

I think of the cartoonist, Ralph Steadman, when I see Suthep in action. What next? His head exploding in public?

The fortune teller told him if he says "Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin" 3 times looking at the mirror - terrible things will happen.....

Absolutely crazy. Someone must step in now and say enough is enough, you've made the country a laughing stock internationally, now you are crossing a line with threatening people & their families.

This is where the bad Batman movie comes to an end and The Joker is locked-up in an asylum - Gotham City lives on

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

"He added, "The game must end. Therefore, that each Minister sends their children and wives to somewhere else, so they can escape in the case of emergency,"

Oh, how delightful of him - I control the protestors and I will not stop them from harming your families..... class, pure class....

Has not a certain person already removed his offspring and several large suitcases, just in case?

Seems a certain family like to talk big, promise a lot, but let everyone else take the heat.

Threats and counter threats, offers of talks, more threats and lies. Mediating this lot would be the challenge from hell!

• Like 1