Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

Add to the list, calling the producer a 'lazy irish c***' before thumping him.

I'm sure of course that calling someone a 'lazy irish c***' before punching them has a perfectly normal non racist interpretation as well that 'normal' people obviously would understand.

Also:

He was saying: 'This is not f****** good enough. This is typical of the f****** BBC. You’re going to lose your job over this, I’ll make sure of it'. He also said: 'You’ll be on the dole tomorrow. I’m going to make sure you will not have a job.' James May and Richard Hammond sat with him to try and calm him down.

Is also of course banter, and should be taken with a big pinch of idiot salt. What a card.

http://bit.ly/1wPelTm

He is a bigoted, arrogant, belligerent and violent individual. None of which are very funny personality traits (except to bigots).

Sure dead nomal,,, They normaly take it with a pinch of peat,not salt.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure of course that calling someone a 'lazy irish c***' before punching them has a perfectly normal non racist interpretation as well that 'normal' people obviously would understand.

Also:

He was saying: 'This is not f****** good enough. This is typical of the f****** BBC. You’re going to lose your job over this, I’ll make sure of it'. He also said: 'You’ll be on the dole tomorrow. I’m going to make sure you will not have a job.' James May and Richard Hammond sat with him to try and calm him down.

Is also of course banter, and should be taken with a big pinch of idiot salt. What a card.

He is a bigoted, arrogant, belligerent and violent individual. None of which are very funny personality traits (except to bigots).

Maybe the producer IS Irish, which would certainly make it not a racist comment. Why are you repeating the lie that he actually hit the producer? Had he done so, he'd have been arrested.

One of my dreams is that I have enough power to make the incompetent idiots that have bedevilled my life suffer. jeremy is just living my dream.

Dislike Jeremy all you like. More of us love him, precisely BECAUSE he is bigoted, arrogant, belligerent and sticks it to the PC &^&% that we hate.

Have you anti Jeremy's never wondered why he's so popular? Most of us have had it with the PC organisations/ people that blight modern life and love a champion that gives them a good kicking.

Rock on Jeremy- stick it to the PC wo/man.

As slope does not appear on the face of it to be overly racist, I can't really understand why there is so much fuss. It could be likened to ferang or yank. Not at all offensive to me.

It is only racist to PC idiots that see racism in everything.

It is interesting that it was started off by an Indian lady, considering that Indians are as racist as any other ethnicity.

One would think that an Indian would have enough problems in her own country to sort, without complaining about an English tv program eg the class system, the attitude towards women that make rape acceptable, and religious hatred.

Maybe the producer IS Irish, which would certainly make it not a racist comment. Why are you repeating the lie that he actually hit the producer? Had he done so, he'd have been arrested.

One of my dreams is that I have enough power to make the incompetent idiots that have bedevilled my life suffer. jeremy is just living my dream.

Dislike Jeremy all you like. More of us love him, precisely BECAUSE he is bigoted, arrogant, belligerent and sticks it to the PC &^&% that we hate.

Have you anti Jeremy's never wondered why he's so popular? Most of us have had it with the PC organisations/ people that blight modern life and love a champion that gives them a good kicking.

By that logic, calling someone a 'black bastard' is not racist, if the person referred to is black. You are (quite obviously) wrong.

There are allegations by third party withesses that he hit the producer, that he hasn't been arrested has absolutely no bearing on whether this is true or not. I can easily believe it, and I choose to do so.

Finally, I don't think that there are 'more of [you]' or that your views represent the views of 'most'. My experience is the polar opposite. Birds of a feather. You believe 'most' people feel that way because you choose to associate with people that think the same way as you do, and conversely so do I. Neither of us are demonstrably correct.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They did not get rid of me, I left because it's a completely mismanaged buearocracy ridden waste of space. I found a better paid and more productive contract elsewhere.

It's only a 'load of tripe' to utter cretins, so I know why you think that.

Simple explanation:

Calling someone out for saying nigger under his breath - Calling out a racist

Calling someone out that makes a 'joke' about a slope when there happens to be an asian bloke in shot - Calling out a racist

Calling someone out for saying 'black coffee' - Being a PC idiot

Enjoy the reruns on Dave.

Well as I said before,thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. This has been blown up out of proportion,all a load of crap. I happen to be a Honky,and my best mate is a Coon, we have many Slope friends,and have Dago visitors from Venice at the moment.

And to top all I am married to a Slope,who thinks you and your type are a load of fannys,and should put their obvious interlect to a better use than pissing normal

people off.

Well there's a nicely constructed message with a number of constructive and relevant debating points.

Also:

"Maybe the producer IS Irish, which would certainly make it not a racist comment."

- in a thread with over 1000 comments this has to qualify as the most inane post so far. unbelievable!

Clarkson was a brilliantly original motoring writer - and I've said before he changed the face of motor journalism...not just in UK but around the world.

however being brilliant when you're young doesn't mean you stay brilliant forever. It would seem that he is now struggling with his ego and lack of understanding of the world around him - presumably the result of being "cosseted" as a motoring superstar for so long and being surrounded only by sycophants, the poor man has lost it.

All this over a stupid car show? Ahhh to be British....

Sadly as this car show is shown to millions all over the world, Mr Clarkson's comments and behaviour are hardly likely to make anyone proud to be British

I have little respect for the British now. They used to be great- ruled a lot of the world, but now they are just a has been nation ruled by muppets and inhabited by PC idiots that think they are still important. I had 10 years there, so have something to judge them on.

If more were like Jeremy, I'd have more respect for them.

Also:

"Maybe the producer IS Irish, which would certainly make it not a racist comment."

- in a thread with over 1000 comments this has to qualify as the most inane post so far. unbelievable!

Thanks for the compliment clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif .

As far as "allegedly punching a producer......well the producer did apparently go to hospital....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-called-top-gear-5330155

So why has Jeremy not been arrested or charged with assault?

Maybe because that would require the victim to file a complaint with the police and opt to press charges. Perhaps they would prefer an unofficial resolution. I would.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

As far as "allegedly punching a producer......well the producer did apparently go to hospital....

you spent 10 years in UK and you can't answer that? Mind you judging by your apparent knowledge of Thailand, it comes as no surprise.

All this over a stupid car show? Ahhh to be British....

Sadly as this car show is shown to millions all over the world, Mr Clarkson's comments and behaviour are hardly likely to make anyone proud to be British

I am

Happy birthday, thread. 'em PC folks sure are tenacious.

...and the "others" aren't?

Here's a great idea for those too lazy to have a reasoned opinion or those without a valid argument; invent a group of people, give them a meaningless label (preferably without any definition) and then pre-construct an untenable opinion and attribute it to that group you've invented then assert they therefore all have no argument -

e.g - It must be wrong, they are "PC".

It saves having to actually address the issues,It saves having to address individual arguments or actually having an opinion of your own at all.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Here's a great idea for those too lazy to have a reasoned opinion or those without a valid argument; invent a group of people, give them a meaningless label (preferably without any definition) and then pre-construct an untenable opinion and attribute it to that group you've invented then assert they therefore all have no argument -

It saves having to actually address the issues,It saves having to address individual arguments or actually having an opinion of your own at all.

WOW not another East German. You should rename Thailand South East Sexony

By that logic, calling someone a 'black bastard' is not racist, if the person referred to is black. You are (quite obviously) wrong.

What if he was a black man who was born out of wedlock? laugh.png

Edited by canuckamuck

WOW not another East German. You should rename Thailand South East Sexony

QED!

East Germany? - ah...is this another attempt at a stereotype? please explain why.

Edited by cumgranosalum

What if he was a black man who was born out of wedlock?

QED - the poster is living in medieval times!

Edited by cumgranosalum

What if he was a black man who was born out of wedlock?

QED - the poster is living in medieval times!

In medieval times they would have probably strung him up from a tree as a witch. Or ran like buggery to get away from the Moor!

you spent 10 years in UK and you can't answer that? Mind you judging by your apparent knowledge of Thailand, it comes as no surprise.

Why would I know? I didn't go around punching people there. What a stupid comment!

Stop flaming, it's against forum rules- you don't know what I do or do not know about Thailand.

you seem very happy to express an opinion on the subject yet there appear to be some large gaps in your basic understanding of the issues. e.g. on racism, and on how the law operates in the UK.

in your previous post - "So why has Jeremy not been arrested or charged with assault?" the inference clearly was that the accusation that Clarkson had hit someone could't be true as there was no prosecution - this is quite clearly a non-sequitur.

Edited by cumgranosalum