Africa leaders declare 'war' on Nigeria Boko Haram

Lite Beer

Africa leaders declare 'war' on Nigeria Boko Haram

African leaders meeting in Paris have agreed to wage "war" on Nigeria's Boko Haram Islamic militants.

President Hollande of France, who hosted the summit, said regional powers had pledged to share intelligence and co-ordinate action against the group.

Last month it abducted 223 schoolgirls in north-eastern Nigeria, where it is based. Fresh attacks were reported in Nigeria and Cameroon overnight.

Thousands of people have been killed by Boko Haram in recent years.

The Paris summit brought together President Francois Hollande, Nigeria's Goodluck Jonathan, and their counterparts from Benin, Cameroon, Niger and Chad.

Afterwards, Mr Hollande said participants had agreed on a "global and regional action plan".

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27451966

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-18

Good.

These are not insurgents or religious militias, as always being portrayed by the BCC. abducting 223 schoolgirls with the intention of selling them over the borders as sex slaves is nothing to do with Islam, it is outright 'criminality' and for that the entire world should turn on them.

Having spent a lot of time in Africa, I can assure everyone that there will be only one outcome for these criminals, and that is death on the spot. Unfortunately it will also involve the deaths of the remaining schoolgirls.

These animals are using Islam as an excuse for their own personal barbarity and gain.

But then again, you normally never hear of the Islamic leader condemning these actions.

Very well said.

• Like 1

Good.

These are not insurgents or religious militias, as always being portrayed by the BCC. abducting 223 schoolgirls with the intention of selling them over the borders as sex slaves is nothing to do with Islam, it is outright 'criminality' and for that the entire world should turn on them.

Having spent a lot of time in Africa, I can assure everyone that there will be only one outcome for these criminals, and that is death on the spot. Unfortunately it will also involve the deaths of the remaining schoolgirls.

These animals are using Islam as an excuse for their own personal barbarity and gain.

But then again, you normally never hear of the Islamic leader condemning these actions.

Not true. These kidnappings have been condemned by islamic religious leaders and scholars. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Good.

I assume its a typo as the function of "The Islamic Leader" does not exist in the Islamic world. But do a Google search and as an example hit, have a read...

http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/american-muslim-organizations-condemn-boko-haram/0020173

Edited by simple1

"I assume its a typo as the function of "The Islamic Leader" does not exist in the Islamic world."

Well it's true enough in sentiment, they stand ready by the millions to riot and possibly murder people over a perceived insult (including inside Europe's borders), but show no collective outrage at this or similar acts of terror/criminality.

• Like 2

Good.

Not true. These kidnappings have been condemned by islamic religious leaders and scholars.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, take 'em out, don't care who, just do it........thumbsup.gif

Good.

Also well said.

I catch up with world news every day- I can totally guarantee that the word Islamist will be mentioned on EVERY newscast.

Where are the moderate muslims on the streets who are condemning the death and carnage ( in Thailand too) around the world which is supposedly done in the name of Islam to promote Sharia law?

I fear for these girls and really hope there will be a positive outcome.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I thought Boko Haram was a musical group.

They will turn a whiter shade of pale if or when a professional fighting force catch up with them, these bullies are no match for the SAS or similar.

Pffft don't count on it, by all accounts, looking at the numbers, the entire SAS regiment live in a permanently, grey haired, pissed condition in the bars around Nana and Pattaya.........or so they tell us w00t.gif

I think I have had my head in a bucket, I had no idea about all these abducted school girls. It is a tragedy that is on a colossal scale and I just hope these heads of state are serious that they are going to do something.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Boko Harem

an appropriately named group given their actionstongue.png

Every one is outraged that the might sell the girls as slaves,

But how about the ones who would buy them...............................

don't hear any talking about them, WTblip

Good.

FUNNY how all these Muslims use Islam for their excuse for the atrocities they commit all over the world

Hmmm could it be that it might just have something to do with Islam and that religion of peace rolleyes.gif ??

I am thinking you dont think so blink.png

Good.

FUNNY how all these Muslims use Islam for their excuse for the atrocities they commit all over the world

Hmmm could it be that it might just have something to do with Islam and that religion of peace rolleyes.gif ??

I am thinking you dont think so blink.png

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I think some brainless folk for some daft reason come out the woodwork to kill folk that cannot shoot back, to live another day too kill folk who cannot shoot back, to live ano...........................................................................................................

Boko Harem

an appropriately named group given their actionstongue.png

Every one is outraged that the might sell the girls as slaves,

But how about the ones who would buy them...............................

don't hear any talking about them, WTblip

The slave trade is still alive and kicking in certain areas of Africa as it always has,unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Nigeria, where the President Goodluck Jonathan has 3 luxury learjets at his personal disposal.

Has he flown up to the northern region and met the families?

No votes there apparently.

This is Africa, African politicians enjoy flying to Paris to shop , on the wealth of money that the corrupt European business companies reward them for plundering Africa's recources.

Why do the common people in the world fall for this sympathy of the plight of the poor in Africa, when their own African leaders do not?

Money.

Have you donated money to the poor in Africa?

Well their leaders when shopping in London do not pop into Oxfam shops, more like Oxford street of course.

African leaders do not care about their poor, they have as much sympathy for the Poor as the Rich of Europe.