Army keens on seizure of assault rifles in a Thai govt politician's car

webfact

I thought all politicians took assault rifles with them for lunch, dinner and the like. To show of their expertise and knowledge of such. Look, this is how you check if it's unloaded ... ...

No, actually it's in case monks tooled up with AK47's storm parliament and take hostages again - you have to be prepared for anything here whistling.gif

I_intprod1-8000base_122034a.jpg

There's an action movie in there somewhere I'm sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Troops attached to the ISOC, who accompanied police during the weapon search, claimed high-ranking police officers and politicians had lobbied the investigation team not to confiscate the car and weapons.

Just imagine how many weapons the police/army would find if they would be allowed to investigate PT/Reds/Shins....

They should check both sides to be unbiased don't you think?

That's what I said. Post 60 explains it. Edited by Nickymaster

Troops attached to the ISOC, who accompanied police during the weapon search, claimed high-ranking police officers and politicians had lobbied the investigation team not to confiscate the car and weapons.

Just imagine how many weapons the police/army would find if they would be allowed to investigate PT/Reds/Shins....

That's what I said.

Sorry I thought PT/reds/Shins were on the same side.

That's what I said.
Sorry I thought PT/reds/Shins were on the same side.

Me too.

They are very keen to not mention any names in this report.

I realise that the criminal libel laws would be used if more than a hint were published, I just wonder how this is treated in the Thai language press.

Should not be any violation of law to release the name of the owner of this car. Let the cards fall as they will.

edwinchester, on 19 May 2014 - 14:25, said:
Crushdepth, on 19 May 2014 - 14:21, said:
rubl, on 19 May 2014 - 12:52, said:

I thought all politicians took assault rifles with them for lunch, dinner and the like. To show of their expertise and knowledge of such. Look, this is how you check if it's unloaded ... ...

A few years back one accidentally hosed down an assistant or someone putting his uzi on a restaurant table. It was lunch time, if I recall correctly.

Wasn't that the Senator who 'accidentally' shot his wife? That has all gone very quiet.

Yes it was...we will never here anymore about it.... cover up after cover up, in many countries it would bring down the government.

You sure about that? Cover-ups are SOP in Washington D.C.

So now we know one of the ways the red shits are getting their armaments . . . the Government are supplying them.

Your avatar belies and undermines your opinion. Why? Because you "Have no authority." Authority only comes to democratically elected officials and you and your cohorts are not elected and couldn't win an election if your life depended on it. Therefore, you lack all authority. Just...as the saying goes, "Respect my vote." 555

So now we know one of the ways the red shits are getting their armaments . . . the Government are supplying them.

Your avatar belies and undermines your opinion. Why? Because you "Have no authority." Authority only comes to democratically elected officials and you and your cohorts are not elected and couldn't win an election if your life depended on it. Therefore, you lack all authority. Just...as the saying goes, "Respect my vote." 555

Police fear guns linked to protests. The resort is owned by former government MP Sitthichai Kittithanesuan. A probe found the car belongs to another politician, an adviser to a caretaker minister.

Ah, thats ok then, its an adviser to a caretaker minister. He was just TAKING CARE OF THINGS.

Authority comes from RESPECTING THE LAW. No matter how democratically elected the officials are, and no matter how many votes they get; if they don't respect the law they have no authority.

Ah, shame ... sarcasm and satire just whiz on by some people ... such a pity 555

perhaps the ofFending pollis coud just call themselves PRDC guards then they could go around with guns and even shoot whoever they chose no questions asked.

Welcome "newbie", did you perhaps have a previous nick?

Are the weapons licensed and was the permit inplace to carry them? If yes no problem, if no, arrest the people involved. Simple and clear cut.

Arrest a politician or other bigwig in Thailand? That's rare!

What evidence can be more clear than the fact that high-ranking police officers and politicians had lobbied the investigation team not to confiscate the car and weapons??

1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif

I wonder ... could this help to explain why the Police has not found any suspects for the 26 murders and 730 injured people? Could the Police be holding hands with Thaksin's Pheu Thai? ... Impossible! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Perhaps more than holding hands?

All of the assault rifles that I have seen named have been M16's. Those are sold only to the army. Surrounding communist countries and those aligned with China would have access only to AK 47 or AK 74 combloc weapons.

So those M16 weapons would first have to leak out of the army or be smuggled in. Who could have access to a handful of them to carry around, or even get the ammunition for them?

You are joking right, Vietnam has thousands of m16s from the war.

No, actually it's in case monks tooled up with AK47's storm parliament and take hostages again - you have to be prepared for anything here whistling.gif

I_intprod1-8000base_122034a.jpg

hey i;ve seen it too on the waterfront phnom penh. uzi under the robes. but you just cant hide a soldiers gait.

I am keens for this news organisation to hire someone who can speak English.

Are u pretty fluent in Thai?

Not really the point - it's supposedly an English language newspaper - not a Thailish newspaper.

The "keens" maybe poor editing of a typo but the complete sentence in gibberish.

• Like 1

A new clearly evidence that this Government is linking with children murderers..... This Government and his red shirt ally are always claim violent attack come from PRDC but this discover put this Government under spotlight, and show their real goal. Push to violence and suppress their opponent.

It very amazing to not have a comment from Chalern or Surapong.....

Perhaps Fab4 or other Taksin lovers are going to explain us that weapon has been hire by PRDC guard to involve a poor former PT MP and they have evidence and document come from foreign newspapers ....... whistling.gif

Using the murder of children to score points on an internet forum. You sicked me!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All of the assault rifles that I have seen named have been M16's. Those are sold only to the army. Surrounding communist countries and those aligned with China would have access only to AK 47 or AK 74 combloc weapons.

So those M16 weapons would first have to leak out of the army or be smuggled in. Who could have access to a handful of them to carry around, or even get the ammunition for them?

Sorry mate but Cambodia isn't communist and would (DOES?) happily supply to whichever groups want their goods

Yes but Cambodia isn't aligned with NATO and allies and buys the AK-47 and AK 74 from China. The M16 is an official NATO weapon as is the 5.56 ammo for it.

Thailand is officially a US ally and can buy NATO hardware.

A new clearly evidence that this Government is linking with children murderers..... This Government and his red shirt ally are always claim violent attack come from PRDC but this discover put this Government under spotlight, and show their real goal. Push to violence and suppress their opponent.

It very amazing to not have a comment from Chalern or Surapong.....

Perhaps Fab4 or other Taksin lovers are going to explain us that weapon has been hire by PRDC guard to involve a poor former PT MP and they have evidence and document come from foreign newspapers ....... whistling.gif

Using the murder of children to score points on an internet forum. You sicked me!

Oh "Dr" Bruce got "sicked", how tragic. So what's your theory then about 1) the perpetrator of the Trat and Big C killings with children killed and 2) the source and purpose of the weapons found in this article?

I'm not saying these weapons were used at all in those murders. But who's pulling the strings and supplies the weapons?

How can the people win the war when the bandits are in uniforms?

Righteous has long gone with the wind......... bah.gif

• Like 2

I am keens for this news organisation to hire someone who can speak English.

Probably more important that they employ someone who can write in English.

"Bare" in mind for "there" "piece" of mind they should definitely not hire any of the potential English teachers who post in the TV education forum. Some of them seem to "boarder" on the illiterate. Actually if you want to worry, you might "loose" sleep thinking about "whose" teaching English to Thai students.

Edited by Suradit69