Buckingham Palace denies sex claim against Prince Andrew

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This trend is becoming endemic in the UK. It seems to me that anyone now can accuse anyone else who is famous of some sort of 'sexual' act 20/30/40 years ago.

I know Jimmy Saville etc have been proven 'guilty' but it has started a trend whereby lives of innocent people can be ruined by being on police bail for 12 months etc, then being told there is no validity in the claims.

I'm no slavish supporter of the royal family or those who use their positions to exploit vulnerable people, but there has to be some sort of balance.

Look at Cliff Richard, an obvious target because he's never married. The cops tip off the press they are going to raid his house whilst he's away. As far as I know nothing has resulted from all of this, but it illustrates my concerns.

I do not pretend to know the answer to this problem, but I suspect it's easier to make allegations than for the person to disprove them. Then the mud sticks.

The problem with the allegations is that once they have been made, and through due process, have been proven or dis-proven, the mud is there for life.

Guilty or innocent, doesn't matter, the doubt will always be there.

Not necessarily. Freddie Starr went through absolute hell over similar claims but was found innocent/insufficient evidence. He's not considered a paedophile or sex pest and I believe most people feel very sorry for poor chap. Saw him interviewed recently and he's a wreck, his life has been left in tatters.

Others inc the 2 from Corrie, Jim Davidson, Paul Gambochini & DLT who after two trials & public humiliation was guilty of little more than a grope.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This trend is becoming endemic in the UK. It seems to me that anyone now can accuse anyone else who is famous of some sort of 'sexual' act 20/30/40 years ago.

I know Jimmy Saville etc have been proven 'guilty' but it has started a trend whereby lives of innocent people can be ruined by being on police bail for 12 months etc, then being told there is no validity in the claims.

I'm no slavish supporter of the royal family or those who use their positions to exploit vulnerable people, but there has to be some sort of balance.

Look at Cliff Richard, an obvious target because he's never married. The cops tip off the press they are going to raid his house whilst he's away. As far as I know nothing has resulted from all of this, but it illustrates my concerns.

I do not pretend to know the answer to this problem, but I suspect it's easier to make allegations than for the person to disprove them. Then the mud sticks.

The problem with the allegations is that once they have been made, and through due process, have been proven or dis-proven, the mud is there for life.

Not necessarily. Freddie Starr went through absolute hell over similar claims but was found innocent/insufficient evidence. He's not considered a paedophile or sex pest and I believe most people feel very sorry for poor chap. Saw him interviewed recently and he's a wreck, his life has been left in tatters.

Others inc the 2 from Corrie, Jim Davidson, Paul Gambochini & DLT who after two trials & public humiliation was guilty of little more than a grope.

I bet they never even got their money back

Prince Andrew may have been secretly filmed with underage girl he is alleged to have abused
By Matthew Drake

Prince Andrew’s tycoon pal may have taken compromising photos of him with the underage girl he is alleged to have abused.

Details buried in original court papers filed against pervert Jeffrey Epstein, 61, reveal that he recorded the sordid orgies he threw for VIPs at his luxury homes using cameras hidden in the walls of guest bedrooms.

Read More: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-been-secretly-filmed-4915421

--Daily Mirror 2015-01-03

Prince Andrew may have been secretly filmed with underage girl he is alleged to have abused

By Matthew Drake

Prince Andrew’s tycoon pal may have taken compromising photos of him with the underage girl he is alleged to have abused.

Details buried in original court papers filed against pervert Jeffrey Epstein, 61, reveal that he recorded the sordid orgies he threw for VIPs at his luxury homes using cameras hidden in the walls of guest bedrooms.

Read More: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-been-secretly-filmed-4915421

I can hardly wait for his video collection to make it to the internet.

Shabby wasn't it? They even tried having a pop at Jimmy Tarbuck at one point!

By Matthew Drake

what are good friends for, i bet he didn't see that coming.

Perhaps I should have said the damage (instead of doubt) will always be there.

Perhaps I should have said the damage (instead of doubt) will always be there.

I have no doubt these chaps lives are ruined.

• Like 1

Palace: Sex claims against Prince Andrew false
SYLVIA HUI, Associated Press

LONDON (AP) — Buckingham Palace on Sunday stepped up efforts to defend Prince Andrew after the British royal was embroiled in claims of sexual impropriety with an underage woman.

In a second statement since the claims surfaced, officials "emphatically denied" allegations by an unidentified woman who said she was forced to have sex with the royal when she was under the age of 18.

The woman named 54-year-old Prince Andrew, known as the Duke of York, in papers filed with a Florida court last week. The filing was submitted as part of a lengthy lawsuit against American financier Jeffrey Epstein, who the woman claims forced her to have sex with prominent people, including Prince Andrew. The woman was only identified as "Jane Doe Number 3" in the papers.

Royal officials on Friday denied "any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors" by Andrew, and strengthened that stance Sunday after two tabloid newspapers published details of interviews with the alleged victim. The controversy has dominated British news coverage since Friday.

"It is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with (the woman)," Buckingham Palace said in a statement. "The allegations made are false and without any foundation."

The statements are unusual because royal spokespeople typically refrain from commenting on most media reports.

The woman claims she was forced to have sex with the royal in London, in New York and on a private Caribbean island between 1999 to 2002.

Those claims were filed Tuesday to court as part of a lawsuit centering on Epstein. The billionaire financier was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2008 after pleading guilty to child sex offenses, but several women want authorities to reconsider a plea deal that they said allowed Epstein to avoid more serious federal charges.

Prince Andrew is not named as a defendant in that case, and no criminal charges or formal allegations have been made against him.

The prince, who is Queen Elizabeth II's second son and fifth in line to the throne, has been dogged for years over his relationship with Epstein. In July 2011, the royal stepped down from his role as a U.K. trade ambassador following controversy over his links with the billionaire.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-01-04

The royals can deny it all they like, but with photo evidence and the victim coming forward, it won't just go away... Even though the royals have publicly stated he will be granted amnesty from any charges, this makes Prince Charles' antics appear quite tame...

By Matthew Drake

I doubt it...

If he had I am sure he would have fallen under a bus by now. whistling.gif

wai2.gif

I just cant believe Prince Andrew paid for underage sex ....That family have never paid for anything in their life...............coffee1.gif

I think Queenie has paid the ultimate price--a lifetime of playing by the rules/protocols/ -- boring dinners/speeches etc.etc, etc and sorting out the wayward family members - that goes way back to when Maggie started " Playing Up" in her youth -- . wai2.gif

• Like 1

Isn't this story in breach of the lese majeste laws in Thailand?

Yes, it is indeed.

EDIT: the defacing of the UK flag we see here constantly on things like underwear for example would also technically be a lese majeste offense, if they bothered to enforce it.

Edited by Tatsujin

True or false doesnt really matter. The damage is done and nothing can remove it. As they say "There is no smoke without fire"

hmmm.... a pedo-pete, royal blue perv, yep that be he:-)

So a Buckingham palace spokes person has said Andrew is innocent, unless that person was on the island the whole time with Andrew it is only their opinion and has no validity in law. It is Andrew that should be making a statement, good job it is not like the time of the abdication crisis when the majority of the population of the UK were kept in the dark about what was happening

Apparently, Virginia Roberts was 17 at the time and the age of consent in Florida was 18.

So what does that make her ? jail bait of the month perhaps. If he had sex with a 17 year old that doesn't make him a pedo in my eyes, different countries, different age limits. There was a suggestion some time ago to raise the age of consent in Thailand to 20 so a husband of 19 with his 18 year old wife on holiday in Thailand would be a pedo. Research done in the schools of Europe found that the first sexual experience for girls was 14, somewhat later for boys. I just don't buy this poor little ''taken advantage of teen'' the little brats know whats what when they are 12 or less, society is inundated with sex.