Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

56 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Yes, if the funds can be withdrawn at any time by you, but perhaps with a loss of interest.  What they won't accept are accounts where your funds are absolutely locked up for a fixed term of deposit.  In the U.S. the type of funds they will accept are commonly called "Certificates of Deposit" in that they offer higher interest than a regular savings account, but you lose all your accrued interest if you withdraw funds prior to the end of the term of deposit.  Those type of accounts are accepted by CM Immigration -- actually some would say they prefer them because these accounts don't have a history of many transactions, so it's easier for them to determine that the balance hasn't dipped below 800,000 baht during the required period.

If someone has a regular savings account and doesn't keep their bankbook updated regularly, then when they do, the entry will be a "consolidated" entry and doesn't give a true picture of what the account balance was on any given day.  

Nancy, I'm surprised/ impressed that with the myriad of banks and different types of accounts available that immigration know which ones are OK for their purposes and which are not.

Went to the Prom around  10.am  to morning ,  to do my 90 day report  as a D.I.Y.   saw the line stretching back  to the  Photo  Copying  Office   , say at a rough guess   at least  60 to 70 aliens were orderly awaiting their turn,   but  not for me    immediately proceeded  to  a  nearby Visa Agency  where for a 300 baht  fee   was processed in approx 30 mins    all areas of the  Immgr Dept appeared to be very very busy,    it  seems the High Season has arrived

a very nice late arvo  to alll

Edited by evenstevens

43 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Went to the Prom around  10.am  to morning ,  to do my 90 day report  as a D.I.Y.   saw the line stretching back  to the  Photo  Copying  Office   , say at a rough guess   at least  60 to 70 aliens were orderly awaiting their turn,   but  not for me    immediately proceeded  to  a  nearby Visa Agency  where for a 300 baht  fee   was processed in approx 30 mins    all areas of the  Immgr Dept appeared to be very very busy,    it  seems the High Season has arrived

a very nice late arvo  to alll

I arrived at 13.15 to get my approved extension stamp at room No1 to find this service has now moved to the main downstairs office adjacent to the Re-Entry Permit desk.  No queue number needed but 50 minute wait ensued as agent there with about ten Passports before me.   Thought i might do an early 90 day while i was there so went over to 90 day desk to be told closed for today as more than 200 people to deal with and only one officer working.

Seems to me much busier than usual as most people are aware that a two week 'holiday' coming up shortly and are crowding in to get things done before close down.

15 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

I arrived at 13.15 to get my approved extension stamp at room No1 to find this service has now moved to the main downstairs office adjacent to the Re-Entry Permit desk.  No queue number needed but 50 minute wait ensued as agent there with about ten Passports before me.   Thought i might do an early 90 day while i was there so went over to 90 day desk to be told closed for today as more than 200 people to deal with and only one officer working.

Seems to me much busier than usual as most people are aware that a two week 'holiday' coming up shortly and are crowding in to get things done before close down.

Anybody spotted an "official list of holiday dates" at CMI?

Was at immigration on Thursday morning. We arrived at 2.30 am to find all the chairs and tables were roped together to try to stop people getting to the queue lines ( fail). When someone else arrived they told me a story that two nights previous a group of Chinese students had arrived the previous evening and staked their claim in the queue line and then gone home. Another group of Chinese youngsters had apparantly arrived the early the following morning and moved all of the claim stuff off the stools. When the people who had staked their claim arrived in the morning a fight ensued. 

The upshot of this was that security have said that nobody is allowed to queue before 5am. Nobody said anything to us but apparently they are going to enforce it soon, we will see, but what's being said is that you cannot arrive before 5am. 

I think it's bullshit , anyone else have any experience since last Thursday?

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Was at immigration on Thursday morning. We arrived at 2.30 am to find all the chairs and tables were roped together to try to stop people getting to the queue lines ( fail). When someone else arrived they told me a story that two nights previous a group of Chinese students had arrived the previous evening and staked their claim in the queue line and then gone home. Another group of Chinese youngsters had apparantly arrived the early the following morning and moved all of the claim stuff off the stools. When the people who had staked their claim arrived in the morning a fight ensued. 

The upshot of this was that security have said that nobody is allowed to queue before 5am. Nobody said anything to us but apparently they are going to enforce it soon, we will see, but what's being said is that you cannot arrive before 5am. 

I think it's bullshit , anyone else have any experience since last Thursday?

It is bullshit that people think putting a few things on a stool gives them a place in a queue.  If you are not there, you are not in the queue.  The Chinese seem to particularly need to be instructed, don't be shy to tell them.

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

Is it necessary to be there that early ?

I usually go to get extensions in the afternoon , no queues

It's up to you.

I go at that time, I was first in line and finished by 9.30.

It's a matter of choice really, besides one day a year getting up at that time does not ruin my life I'm surprised that you can turn up in the afternoon and still get a retirement visa the same day unless you use an agent. All of the tickets for the day often don't even reach the end of the line for people who have been in the line since 7am  or earlier.

Edited by ThaiPauly

Interesting that it's taken a fight between two groups of Chinese expats to raise some awareness.  It's beyond pathetic that people have to be "restricted" to arriving at 5 am to queue at a government office.  

When Hubby went to Kota Kinabalu to apply for our 10 year "Malaysia My Second Home" retirement visa, he was pleasantly surprised to find the Immigration office was in the same large building with other government offices.  Nonsense like people showing up at 5 am and having a brawl certainly would have been noticed and a solution implemented quickly.

The solution -- a online or phone-in queue system!  And not one that's artificially restricted like the queue for a certificate of residency at Prom.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

The solution -- a online or phone-in queue system!  And not one that's artificially restricted like the queue for a certificate of residency at Prom.

The queue for certificate of residence smells like it is intentionally made to make it difficult for people to get one free. So that they are forced to go for alternatives.

How do you explain that they only take 20 applicants per day. And we have to make an appointment just to submit the application form? 

Edited by EricTh

19 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

l). When someone else arrived they told me a story that two nights previous a group of Chinese students had arrived the previous evening and staked their claim in the queue line and then gone home. An

Which queue is this? Why do they have to queue so early?

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Which queue is this? Why do they have to queue so early?

It was the student visa office which is right down the end of the block. There must have been ten in line when we got there, so they could have been there since the previous evening, some had sleeping bags!!

No idea why they would want to queue all night?

3 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

It's up to you.

I go at that time, I was first in line and finished by 9.30.

It's a matter of choice really, besides one day a year getting up at that time does not ruin my life I'm surprised that you can turn up in the afternoon and still get a retirement visa the same day unless you use an agent. All of the tickets for the day often don't even reach the end of the line for people who have been in the line since 7am  or earlier.

I do go for a tourist visa extension 

11 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

It was the student visa office which is right down the end of the block. There must have been ten in line when we got there, so they could have been there since the previous evening, some had sleeping bags!!

No idea why they would want to queue all night?

I witnessed a bus-load of Chinese CMU students turn up in uniform at 05:30 a couple of years back at the old/real Imm. office. I was in the marriage etc. queue. A few souls ahead of me were there for volunteer extensions and were turned away being told 'queue full' at 07:00.

23 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I have already told you that I was out by 9.30 am, many that came a good few hours after me will be there for most of the day,

perhaps so , but you have spent (7hrs)at the Immg Dept, the ones who say arr at   8 am or later spend around the same time as you or less on a normal day

so what have you acheived by being a   D.I.Y  2.30 am line sitter???   My view is   that it  just spreads  more panic or fear  through the  ranks of the normal D.I.Y. ret visa holder  by doing so ,where if every one sauntered in during office hours at  their leisure , the early bird line sitters would disappear, as u say its your choice,   but do hear this practice will stop in the very near future  ,, see how it pans out

a nice late arvo to all

• Like 1

At the old airport immigration office, they only used to serve a certain amount of TV extensions per day and you had to get there by 3 AM to get in the queue to make certain you would get the extension.

The first time that I went to Prominada , I left my house at 2 am, walked to Prominada and get there in the queue by 3 AM. When they opened at 8 am...........there were only five people in the queue !!!!!!!

Since then, I now just go in the afternoon

• Like 2

some people have no life so it becomes a welcome outing from there condo jail

Malaysian retirement /all immigration offices are in govt buildings 

so are 2000 people people from Bangladesh Burma Indonesia getting permits  and visas

everyone i knew lost there money on the make it your second home scam 

14 hours ago, evenstevens said:

perhaps so , but you have spent (7hrs)at the Immg Dept, the ones who say arr at   8 am or later spend around the same time as you or less on a normal day

so what have you acheived by being a   D.I.Y  2.30 am line sitter???   My view is   that it  just spreads  more panic or fear  through the  ranks of the normal D.I.Y. ret visa holder  by doing so ,where if every one sauntered in during office hours at  their leisure , the early bird line sitters would disappear, as u say its your choice,   but do hear this practice will stop in the very near future  ,, see how it pans out

a nice late arvo to all

It all depends on the time of the year

We all know that

I do my own Visa Extension

90 Reporting

Re Entry Permit

I do not need a agent to do this

This only feeding the system that wants us all to use

Plus i live close by Not many Km away like some people

IMHO

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

It all depends on the time of the year

We all know that

I do my own Visa Extension

90 Reporting

Re Entry Permit

I do not need a agent to do this

This only feeding the system that wants us all to use

Plus i live close by Not many Km away like some people

IMHO

thats your choice so be it,no bark off my shins

but why reply to my post,which is discussing  D.I.Y. early  morning line sitters etc etc ??? and nuffin more,  find that very odd

14 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

thats your choice so be it,no bark off my shins

but why reply to my post,which is discussing  D.I.Y. early  morning line sitters etc etc ??? and nuffin more,  find that very odd

It's relative to what is being discussed e/s at least I am not the only one that doffs their hat to the immigration department by using an agent

9 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

It's relative to what is being discussed e/s at least I am not the only one that doffs their hat to the immigration department by using an agent

as i said a couple posts back ,its your choice

BTW

.at the risk of repeating myself,  presently i leave it up to the very day  if i am a D.I.Y or engage a visa agent   ,if my visa requirements section is under  the pump,   rather  doff my hat (as you put it)to the Immgr Dept and engage a close by visa agent, to do my visa business ( which is done very quickly,)then join a early AM  bird sitters  line to catch the worm, which in theory still takes almost a day to have their ret visa done (and you have confirm this) i prefer my  options over a early AM bird sitter,  any day   a nice morning to alll

still don't understand why people cannot fill a repeat form in and lick a stamp and post 

have all the dumb come to cm 

ok  some might like to get out of there condo jail for a outing 

maybe to look at the girls and boys at immigration 

• Haha 1