Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

pulled our thread out of the archives,

see that Conte played a 3/5/2 formation in europe, is that in place for us??????

plus none of the deadwood moved out, though i have taken the eye off the ball of late

any news cobbers????

its a bonza good morning to all my readerssmile.png

The Brazilian doctor?

With all the F this, F that, F off, and SOBs, etc, in English football

Jose at least should be given credit for being grammatically correct.

I guess if he had called her a Son of B, he would have been a sexist, for ignoring she is a female.

Presumably he/Chelsea would have been arguing that it was an exclamation at the turn of events, not a defined accusation aimed at the lady.

see that Conte played a 3/5/2 formation in europe, is that in place for us??????

plus none of the deadwood moved out, though i have taken the eye off the ball of late

any news cobbers????

Now that the Euro 2016 is out of the way, as far as Conte is concerned, he said he's taking a week off before getting stuck into the Chelsea job. I was impressed with his handling of the Italian team during the competition, especially defensively, so it wouldn't bother me to much if he adopted a back three. I hope he gets rid of the 4-2-3-1 system. I see that Juventus are looking to sign both Cuadrado and Matic, but Conte has told them he wants to retain both players in his squad. Matic at his best is top class while Cuadrado might have been unlucky in his first stint at Chelsea, as Mourinho turned him into a nervous wreck.

A few of the younger players have been put out on loan including Nathan Ake to Bournemouth. I was hoping he would be in the squad at least, based on his time at Watford. No sign of any deadwood disappearing over the horizon yet E/S, but it's still early days for Conte. Batshuayi looks a good signing. Plenty of pace and movement in the box. Now sign De Sciglio, Antonio.

• Like 1

any news cobbers????

Sorry mate, I forgot, Pato, Falcao and Amelia have all gone.

Not much to report about that little warm up game...other than a great back_pass by Ivan the the terrible to gift them there 2nd goal. Baba useless...Ivan useless loftus cheek lazy gitt...Costa headless chicken...Oli aina okay. Conte did more miles in his technical area than some of those lazy .....ards did on the pitch.

Not much to report about that little warm up game...other than a great back_pass by Ivan the the terrible to gift them there 2nd goal. Baba useless...Ivan useless loftus cheek lazy gitt...Costa headless chicken...Oli aina okay. Conte did more miles in his technical area than some of those lazy .....ards did on the pitch.

• Like 2

what about this Kante signing, that is the signing of the summer you kants

Typical of big money talking here. Small club, no champions league, beats Arsenal to Kante and Spurs to the bloke whose name begins with B...can't be bothered anymore to look him up.smile.png

On the back of this i'm not at all convinced CL is that important to most players its all about the coin. Don't blame Pelle either for going to China for 265k a week. Its a world gone mad and everyones just cashing in.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

As optimistic as ever eh Keith?biggrin.png Playing Red Mountain (Phuket) today. Nearly as expensive as that place you frequent on occasionthumbsup.gif Have to put up with a City fan but can't have everything I suppose!

And if as Keith suggests there are lazy players then Kante is going to show them up big time what with his workrate, ground covered.

• Like 2

Very decent signing so long as he settles down. What does this mean for Matic?

Juventus are sniffing around in case Pogba departs. If Pogba is worth 100million (and he's not) then so is Matic. If I was Conte, I would do my utmost to keep him at the club.

• Like 1

Very decent signing so long as he settles down. What does this mean for Matic?

Juventus are sniffing around in case Pogba departs. If Pogba is worth 100million (and he's not) then so is Matic. If I was Conte, I would do my utmost to keep him at the club.

Matuidi, Hamsik, Vidal and the guy you signed, Kante all represent far better value for money. I think Juve are simply testing the water to see if the football world really has gone as crazy as many think it has. Great signing for Chelsea and at todays prices a steal.

• Like 1

Typical of big money talking here. Small club, no champions league, beats Arsenal to Kante and Spurs to the bloke whose name begins with B...can't be bothered anymore to look him up.smile.png

On the back of this i'm not at all convinced CL is that important to most players its all about the coin. Don't blame Pelle either for going to China for 265k a week. Its a world gone mad and everyones just cashing in.

Kante signing was nothing to do with money..........he wanted to work with Conte ......his words more than 3 weeks ago. Hence Leicester went and signed (Mende)?

As optimistic as ever eh Keith?biggrin.png Playing Red Mountain (Phuket) today. Nearly as expensive as that place you frequent on occasionthumbsup.gif Have to put up with a City fan but can't have everything I suppose!

Pulled out all the stops yesterday to watch that game ...........so was a bit disappointed with what i saw. Still 11 days to go before a proper warm-up game...eh! Don,t you go posting the score on here,cos i aint getting up at 4.35am to watch that game live laugh.png

Red Mountain eh...that,s gotta be 5000bht up,just keep it in play and don,t go in the water biggrin.png

• Like 1

Kante signing was nothing to do with money..........he wanted to work with Conte ......his words more than 3 weeks ago. Hence Leicester went and signed (Mende)?

Yes but they all say that don't they. Its part of the script given to them by the agent.

Pulled out all the stops yesterday to watch that game ...........so was a bit disappointed with what i saw. Still 11 days to go before a proper warm-up game...eh! Don,t you go posting the score on here,cos i aint getting up at 4.35am to watch that game live laugh.png

Red Mountain eh...that,s gotta be 5000bht up,just keep it in play and don,t go in the water biggrin.png

Ok bud...I promise not too! BTW RM is 7k plus with caddy etc...Got a decent discount though so only 3k Green Fee. City fan won the skins....Bloody Scratch players, Effin' hate them!sad.png

• Like 1

Not long now until the Happy Hammers game, a reminder of Mario Stanic's wonderful goal against them on a previous opening day fixture. Just checked and found out it was sixteen years ago, how time flies!

Let's hope somebody can make a similar impact this time.

Not long now until the Happy Hammers game, a reminder of Mario Stanic's wonderful goal against them on a previous opening day fixture. Just checked and found out it was sixteen years ago, how time flies!

Let's hope somebody can make a similar impact this time.

Yes, I've always liked Stanic. I've just looked up his record, 59 appearances with seven goals. Not only could he work hard but he was capable of coming up with a touch of brilliance. Matic could be a revelation under Conte, leaving last season's horror story well behind. I'm hoping that he will play him as an attacking midfielder this season.

Looks like Ivanovic is out for three weeks after dislocating his shoulder in Austria. Maybe a blessing in disguise as right back was one of Chelsea's most troubled positions last season. Young Ola Aina looks like he could be the real deal, but obviously needs more game time. Hopefully he can get that against quality opposition in the upcoming friendlies in the USA. Maybe Aina and Azpi will be our full backs this season unless Conte chooses a back three.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched us play a game of 2 halves against Real Madrid. ..1st half lost 3 nil    Oscar (holding midfielder) couldn't hold a carrier bag ...Loftus cheek ( you don't know what your doing) Wilian...I'm staying down until I get a free kick...play goes on ..no free kick ..no physio needed...better get up then. Pedro..speed boat no driver.   2nd half 2 nil to us. ..Chalobah for Oscar   Quadrado for Wilian   Batshuayi  for Loftus....and latterly Hazard for Pedro,total transformation.Again Ola Aina looked the part.... that should be bye bye Baba and maybe Costa and Oscar. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:34 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Watched us play a game of 2 halves against Real Madrid. ..1st half lost 3 nil    Oscar (holding midfielder) couldn't hold a carrier bag ...Loftus cheek ( you don't know what your doing) Wilian...I'm staying down until I get a free kick...play goes on ..no free kick ..no physio needed...better get up then. Pedro..speed boat no driver.   2nd half 2 nil to us. ..Chalobah for Oscar   Quadrado for Wilian   Batshuayi  for Loftus....and latterly Hazard for Pedro,total transformation.Again Ola Aina looked the part.... that should be bye bye Baba and maybe Costa and Oscar. 

Rahman has been loaned out for the season but, it wouldn't bother me if Costa and Oscar went. I was hoping that Oscar would put in a performance in this position, as he's incapable of getting around the park anymore, but he was very disappointing, getting bypassed by the opposition far too easily. Cuadrado looked alright and, as you say Keith, Aina looks the part although Marcelo put him to the sword early on. He'll get better with experience. What's all this claptrap about Lukaku coming back? I don't see any difference from the 'version' that left us for Everton (has purple patches but his first touch is appalling) and we are supposed to be willing to pay over the odds for him! Batshuayi is different class to him. Chalobah surprised me a bit with his poise on the ball.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Rahman has been loaned out for the season but, it wouldn't bother me if Costa and Oscar went. I was hoping that Oscar would put in a performance in this position, as he's incapable of getting around the park anymore, but he was very disappointing, getting bypassed by the opposition far too easily. Cuadrado looked alright and, as you say Keith, Aina looks the part although Marcelo put him to the sword early on. He'll get better with experience. What's all this claptrap about Lukaku coming back? I don't see any difference from the 'version' that left us for Everton (has purple patches but his first touch is appalling) and we are supposed to be willing to pay over the odds for him! Batshuayi is different class to him. Chalobah surprised me a bit with his poise on the ball.

Costa is a liability so he can go, more trouble than he is worth. Remy just not sure about him,good movement,but no real consistency, not forceful enough either for me. Solanke looks like he is not gonna get a look-in this season and the same probably goes for Abraham.That just leaves us with Traore and Batshuayi......i like em!!!

Lukaku at 23 is a beast of a man and you would hope he could only get better..almost guaranteed to get you 20 plus goals a season. The way Conte got the very best out of Pelle augurs well for what he could do with Lukaku imho.......£75 mil though.

Overall, quite an informative U.S.A tour. I never take any notice of the results of pre season matches but it's nice to see the tactics employed and how some of the younger players match up. Conte tinkered with a few formations but seems to have decided on a back four. Ivanovic has made a rapid recovery from his injury. Kante looked at home when he came on, reminding me of Makelele in his prime. I thought Matic did well and looked focused in all the games. Courtois didn't do anything wrong, beaten by an excellent free kick today but he always looks like he's just got out of bed to me, I thought Moses looked lively but he's got stiff competition in that position. Of the youngsters, Aina stood out, Chalobah did well, Traore showed some nice ball control but needs to toughen up, Loftus - Cheek has got a lot to learn before holding down the striker's role.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

always a great way to start a season,perhaps a late winner from the Govenor,but we were certainly the better side over 90 mins

had a smile on my dial with the Rat on the bench,seems that Conte The Great One, has laid down his marker to all , shape up or ship out

hey O/G did u notice Conte.s  tinkering his formations,between offensive and defensive positions, very interesting indeed

in summing up, E/S thinks the best signing ,this summer (even over Kante) , is Conte The Great One

its a lovely 3 pointer goodbye to all my adoring fans on the footy forum:)

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

always a great way to start a season,perhaps a late winner from the Govenor,but we were certainly the better side over 90 mins

had a smile on my dial with the Rat on the bench,seems that Conte The Great One, has laid down his marker to all , shape up or ship out

hey O/G did u notice Conte.s  tinkering his formations,between offensive and defensive positions, very interesting indeed

in summing up, E/S thinks the best signing ,this summer (even over Kante) , is Conte The Great One

its a lovely 3 pointer goodbye to all my adoring fans on the footy forum:)

I did mate. He's not averse to making changes when it's needed which keeps the players on their toes. There was plenty of intensity in our football but, in the first half especially, there were too many misplaced passes, Matic and Oscar being the main culprits. The second half was better. Kante was the stand out player and our link up play improved.. If yer 'Ammers had employed three goalkeepers for Hazard's penalty, it would have made no difference.

• Like 1