Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Your not very happy Keith, I get it but take it out on Conte. Non of us have come on here gloating, in fact I said on the City thread that you would all be angry as I would be at a totally toothless performance.

please tell me Mr B/J where E/S has been angry, over y/days defeat,   my views   posted  are  the exact opposite

52 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

please tell me Mr B/J where E/S has been angry, over y/days defeat,   my views   posted  are  the exact opposite

Well if City had played like that against anyone I would be bladdy seething as a supporter

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:10 AM, keithsimmonds said:

maybe exceptable against Barca... .but citeh!!! 

Here you go Keith. Coincidentally on the very same subject, your own man Hazard has said City gave you more problems than Barca :smile:

Eden Hazard says Man City gave Chelsea more problems than Barcelona

Chelsea star fought a lone battle against Manchester city in the Premier League and then said it was more difficult than facing Lionel Messi and Co.

Eden Hazard has delivered a verdict on Manchester City that will give them fresh heart for the Champions League challenge.

The Chelsea star fought a lone battle up front on Sunday as City eased to a 1-0 win that put them within touching distance of the Premier League title.

He reprised the role he played in a 3-4-2-1 formation which they also used against Barcelona in the Champions League a fortnight ago – and escaped with a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Manager Antonio Conte clearly set out to stifle both Barca and City – and had more success against the Spanish aces, as Bernardo Silva 's goal earned the Blues the win.

Asked about the City game, Hazard said: “Against Barcelona we had at least a few chances. In that game we could have scored. Against City we didn’t create any - it was complicated, certainly, to find an answer to their pressing.

“Once we had the ball, we were immediately surrounded by three or four players. We also wasted some simple passes, and we haven’t played a good game.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-barcelona-pep-guardiola-14368937

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Here you go Keith. Coincidentally on the very same subject, your own man Hazard has said City gave you more problems than Barca :smile:

Eden Hazard says Man City gave Chelsea more problems than Barcelona

Chelsea star fought a lone battle against Manchester city in the Premier League and then said it was more difficult than facing Lionel Messi and Co.

Eden Hazard has delivered a verdict on Manchester City that will give them fresh heart for the Champions League challenge.

The Chelsea star fought a lone battle up front on Sunday as City eased to a 1-0 win that put them within touching distance of the Premier League title.

He reprised the role he played in a 3-4-2-1 formation which they also used against Barcelona in the Champions League a fortnight ago – and escaped with a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Manager Antonio Conte clearly set out to stifle both Barca and City – and had more success against the Spanish aces, as Bernardo Silva 's goal earned the Blues the win.

Asked about the City game, Hazard said: “Against Barcelona we had at least a few chances. In that game we could have scored. Against City we didn’t create any - it was complicated, certainly, to find an answer to their pressing.

“Once we had the ball, we were immediately surrounded by three or four players. We also wasted some simple passes, and we haven’t played a good game.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-barcelona-pep-guardiola-14368937

Thats a quick turnaround...yesterday "smiley face comparable to Barca" only joking blah blah blah"

today   "facts to back it up"

And very impressive they were......over 72% possesion over 900 passes completed(another Citeh record) or world record since stats were ever collected.....and wait for it.....one ...repeat one ...clear cut chance created (sky sports stats). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thats a quick turnaround...yesterday "smiley face comparable to Barca" only joking blah blah blah"

And very impressive they were......over 72% possesion over 900 passes completed(another Citeh record) or world record since stats were ever collected.....and wait for it.....one ...repeat one ...clear cut chance created (sky sports stats). 

That's the most non-event record ever, who gives a toss. 

"and wait for it.....one ...repeat one ...clear cut chance created (sky sports stats)."

Yep it'd be fair to say Chelsea did a good job parking that bus to minimise City's chances but come on Keith you can't be happy with Chelsea's approach to the game and the performance as a whole. Conte roled over. We all know City aren't great defending. We don't like playing against a big physical player. We're caught by fast breaks. There were many ways to approach the game - even route 1 football to a big man, but Chelsea offered little and you must be pissed the way he stuck rigidly to the same tactics long after you were behind. Why not throw on your 3 subs all together and have a go. It was almost like Conte was trying to make a point; if he was, he did it well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not facts, just one of your own players comments. It's all about opinions but if we get through and get Barca in the CL at some stage, I suppose we'll see how comparable we are.

"and wait for it.....one ...repeat one ...clear cut chance created (sky sports stats)."

Yep it'd be fair to say Chelsea did a good job parking that bus to minimise City's chances but come on Keith you can't be happy with Chelsea's approach to the game and the performance as a whole. Conte roled over. We all know City aren't great defending. We don't like playing against a big physical player. We're caught by fast breaks. There were many ways to approach the game - even route 1 football to a big man, but Chelsea offered little and you must be pissed the way he stuck rigidly to the same tactics long after you were behind. Why not throw on your 3 subs all together and have a go. It was almost like Conte was trying to make a point; if he was, he did it well.

I can’t disagree with any of that BB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a bit of a rush tonight as I've been preparing the family buffalo for the inter-village race tomorrow.

One game stands out and that's the early kick off. Wow!! What an opener!!! Very tight indeed. Close to call. When Utd were cantering to a EPL league win in 2006ish Liverpool put them in their place at OT; 1-4 I think.

Sooner or later Pogba is going to hit a bit of form. Maybe today!

Let's get to it and try for 10 out of 10.

2-1 Man United v Liverpool
This is a close one; 1-1 draw is the fav'. Surely the home team will not be as negative at they were at Anfield.

1-1 Everton v Brighton
Everton, one of the great English teams are strugging. Their only saving grace is that Brighton are cannot cut the mustard away.

0-0 Huddersfield v Swans
Both teams have hit some form at last. Was going for 2-2 or 1-1  but on second/third thoughts can't see where the goals are coming from.

1-1 Newcastle v Saints
The Geordies should take this but Saints are unpredictable.

1-2 WBA v Leicester
Just can't see The Baggies' woes easing.

1-2 WHU v Burnley
Hard to call. Burnley to ease past with some difficulty.

4-0 Chelsea v Palace
Chelski just have to get a result. Today is the day.

5-1 Arsenal v Watford
Time for the Arsenal to step up in the EPL. I'm not sure what they want most from this season; lose Wenger, finish higher than Spurs or win the Europa cup/league.

1-1 Bournemouth v Spurs
Toughie this. On paper Spurs should get all 3. But Bournemouth will be bouyed by the JV result.

1-3 Stoke v Man City
A routine day at the office for the City juggernault. Consolation Shaqiri goal if City nod off at the death.

+++

Biggest match outside the EPL; Villa v Wolves. Two fallen giants. Both could get back for next season. Fulham have beaten them both recently. The Championship is shaping up for a great finish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

In a bit of a rush tonight as I've been preparing the family buffalo for the inter-village race tomorrow.

One game stands out and that's the early kick off. Wow!! What an opener!!! Very tight indeed. Close to call. When Utd were cantering to a EPL league win in 2006ish Liverpool put them in their place at OT; 1-4 I think.

Sooner or later Pogba is going to hit a bit of form. Maybe today!

Let's get to it and try for 10 out of 10.

2-1 Man United v Liverpool
This is a close one; 1-1 draw is the fav'. Surely the home team will not be as negative at they were at Anfield.

The Qwl is back with a 9 pointer :smile: ,nice work Qwl   btw no Banker

the way we are travelling presently..y/day.s three points was a bonus..take 2 things out of it.if giround doe.s not start against barca and if that baka is in the squad to travel to barca conte the jerk needs to be taken off life supprt immediately as for baka he lost the ball leading up to the goal..yes on the pitch a few minutes.and bingo goal scored against us this b.,k turd is fluff wit of the highest order and conte the jerk keeps using him

Edited by evenstevens

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Overall, Chelsea deserved the win but was lucky CP had that goal disallowed. Couldn't see anything wrong with it. Ref made an error there.

you have a short memory.morata.s goal against m/u should have stood.  on most occassions the rub of the green  works out even over a season..besides poor finishing stop us from scoring at least 4 or 5 and put the match to bed long before your dig

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

on most occassions the rub of the green  works out even over a season..

Chicog used to say that a lot. Could it be...?

Anyway I'm going to do an Alfie on you. Where's your stats that prove "on most occassions the rub of the green  works out even over a season"? I reckon it's one of those football myths.

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

you have a short memory.morata.s goal against m/u should have stood.  on most occassions the rub of the green  works out even over a season..besides poor finishing stop us from scoring at least 4 or 5 and put the match to bed long before your dig

I wasn't talking about the Man U game, I was discussing last nights game. The 2 are not connected and I don't believe all that "it evens itself out over a season" stuff. To me, the right decisions should be made in the game.

For info, I wasn't having a dig, I said you deserved to win. But many a time "deserving" doesn't always get you 3 points. My view stands that it was bad reffing for disallowing the goal but you would probably still have won.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I wasn't talking about the Man U game, I was discussing last nights game. The 2 are not connected and I don't believe all that "it evens itself out over a season" stuff. To me, the right decisions should be made in the game.

to get every crucial decision correct in any match ,in any code of football  or sport  ,is Mission Impossible  so you are clutching at straws there or you are in Disney Land i have had personally experienced  such, but it generally pans out  even  over a period of time or a season  ,hence my Rub Of  The  Green  saying  and another saying  is Rule Of The Thumb, clearly you have no experience of  managing or coaching etc etc as it is commonly accepted in those circles,but you have the d/heads such as Wenger for a brilliant example , using it as a excuse  after a poor loss, and your dig out of the blue is along the same lines etc etc  , ,now you come back with  that balder dash # we were lucky #, get real cobber,big matches are often decided by the rub of the green, you pray that you are on the right side of it, let me tell you from  my experiences,fullstop

"it generally pans out  even  over a period of time or a season  ,hence my Rub Of  The  Green  saying".

Sorry but I'm not convinced. In fact I would guess that the teams at the top / home teams / bigger clubs get more luck or decisions their way than teams at the bottom / away teams / smaller clubs, but like you I have nothing to back up my hunch.

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

to get every crucial decision correct in any match ,in any code of football  or sport  ,is Mission Impossible  so you are clutching at straws there or you are in Disney Land i have had personally experienced  such, but it generally pans out  even  over a period of time or a season  ,hence my Rub Of  The  Green  saying  and another saying  is Rule Of The Thumb, clearly you have no experience of  managing or coaching etc etc as it is commonly accepted in those circles,but you have the d/heads such as Wenger for a brilliant example , using it as a excuse  after a poor loss, and your dig out of the blue is along the same lines etc etc  , ,now you come back with  that balder dash # we were lucky #, get real cobber,big matches are often decided by the rub of the green, you pray that you are on the right side of it, let me tell you from  my experiences,fullstop

Answer me a simple question E/S.

Do you think it was a perfectly good goal and the ref made a mistake disallowing it?

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Answer me a simple question E/S.

Do you think it was a perfectly good goal and the ref made a mistake disallowing it?

there was a foul involved by a Palace player, the Ref went our way No Goal so be it, perhaps the rub of the green went our way, happens all the time  ,win some lose some,  L/pool lost two y/day , so whats your fluffin beef

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

there was a foul involved by a Palace player, the Ref went our way No Goal so be it, perhaps the rub of the green went our way, happens all the time  ,win some lose some,  L/pool lost two y/day , so whats your fluffin beef

My "beef" is that I make a simple opinion (to which every pundit on telly thought) and you go off the rails, saying I'm having a dig and basically I know nothing, I'm in Disney Land etc etc

Footy is about opinions and we all have them, don't turn someone elses opinion into an argument please

6 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Please take a TEFL course , your grasp of the English language is terrible

• Like 1