Police Controll ,Driver license, fine 500 Bath and Bad Accident

nasa123

Hi,

I Speak whit some Norwegian in Bangkok Hospital and the  son had been in a  accident whit small 125cc. This happened in Phuket, the boy have Norwegian Driver license for big bike, but hi don`t now hi ned a Internationalt license to. But he have a camera on the helmet and Police in Phuket (Farang) stop hime and ask fore driver license, hi dive Police man the Norwegian, So hi pay 500 Bath and hi get receive. Then hi ask the Police what happen now and Police tell hime you can drive you pay already. The about 1.5 KM from the control he have a bad accident, now hi it`s brain dead and stay in one Hospitale in Bangkok. What a wonder who's fault  it`s this the Norwegian or Police in Chalong Phuket that lets people run without a license only they pay the thicket ?

The Norwegian had no driving license fore driving in Thailand but were allowed by the Policy and continue and run since he had paid the thicket. I men Police have wrong if you don`t have License to drive you take the keys and call the owner off the Motorbike and fine hime 10.000 Bath. This Boy it`s Brain Dead bat the family have rent a Airplane to take hime home to Norway + they have the biggest and most powerfull Lawyers you can get in Bangkok and sue the police and Police man in Phuket.

What you think about this ? I think this familie do the right things and money is no problem for them.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The guy is responsible.. not the police. The rules are here you can go on after you paid your fine. This is not Europe.

Typical looking for someone to blame besides the guy had a Norwegian license already. 

Robblok@ Sorry but you have very  wrong . The Family won't  in the Court in Bangkok to day and thats good. The Court speak about the Police should never released people  run out on the road without International Driver License or Thai license, so family won't but it helps them very little, but in the future I will see and make movie if the don`t take the keys from those who do not have driver liscense for Thailand. (Spec Phuket Rawai and Chalong)

Edited by nasa123

1 hour ago, nasa123 said:

Robblok@ Sorry but you have very  wrong . The Family won't  in the Court in Bangkok to day and thats good. The Court speak about the Police should never released people  run out on the road without International Driver License or Thai license, so family won't but it helps them very little, but in the future I will see and make movie if the don`t take the keys from those who do not have driver liscense for Thailand. (Spec Phuket Rawai and Chalong)

They don't take the keys from Thai driver either.. and when cars are not properly loaded.. they fine them and let them go. Its common practice. The family won't win and should not moan about it. It was their kin that made the error to drive and has nothing to do with the police. I hate it when people are trying to shift the blame. 

Maybe the police should say the accident would never have happened if the guy did not come to Thailand.. same logic as the accident would never have happened if the police took the key.. and same logic if the guy was smart enough to not drive. In the end it was the guy who decided to drive.

I also doubt the family was in court.. unless the accident happened a long time ago as the courts don't work that fast. 

Do you think that the accident would not have happened if he had an international drivers license.. do you think he would have driven different ?

2 hours ago, nasa123 said:

Wow,your going to make a movie of a police stop.

Thrilling,what a blockbuster that will be.

If I know Phukett, or anywhere in Thailand for that matter, the young man did not pay any fine to the local police. What he did do, was pay a bribe to avoid being arrested and taken to the local police station, for driving without a license.

Who's at fault is either the rider or the other person involved in the accident.

Edited by macknife

2 minutes ago, macknife said:

If I know Phukett, or anywhere in Thailand for that matter, the young man did not pay any fine to the local police. What he did do, was pay a bribe to avoid being arrested and taken to the local police station, for driving without a license.

Who's at fault is either the rider or the person involved in the accident.

Ive payed plenty of no licence fines there and then, to the officer siting at the table writing out tickets.

And then get back on my scooter with no licence and ride away.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Ive payed plenty of no licence fines there and then, to the officer siting at the table writing out tickets.

And then get back on my scooter with no licence and ride away.

True that can happen, but it's not often that they set up mobile police units like that. (Did you get a receipt for your 'fine'?)

Just now, macknife said:

True that can happen, but it's not often that they set up mobile police units like that. (Did you get a receipt for your 'fine'?)

I see them setup everyday. yeah the give you a receipt.

In Phuket Karon Police Station  ,Chalong Police Station  and Patong They the is´s way, This Police ask fore Driving License and the most off the people have that from Norway Swedan +++ Bat they don`t Think they most have International Driverlicens to.

So the Police give them 500 Bath in Thicket and lett dem drive after they pay the fine, and this it`s were wrong, if you don`t have driver license to drive in Thailand the Police most take the kea and kall the owner and give them a fine about 10.000 Bath. Then we don`t se all this dead accident in the news.

13 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I see them setup everyday. yeah the give you a receipt.

And this boy hi brain dead in Bangkok some place , this boy have a Camera on the helmet so you se and here the Police speak to hime, the first Police was a Farang in Brund uniform and speak not good, but the lower in Bangkok have every thing.

Sorry fore this your boy and worry sorry fore the Norwegian girl friend sorry girl if you want to speak call me a give me mobil and e-mail.

My, how times have changed - I reflect/reminisce/rebound my head back to 1981...

...Get on a rental motorcycle:

No IDP, no problem!

No Motorcycle licence held in home country - no problem!

Ride bike anywhere around on Phuket Island - no problem!

The only restriction was that you were not allowed to ride the bike over the causeway, to the  mainland 

49 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

In Phuket Karon Police Station  ,Chalong Police Station  and Patong They the is´s way, This Police ask fore Driving License and the most off the people have that from Norway Swedan +++ Bat they don`t Think they most have International Driverlicens to.

So the Police give them 500 Bath in Thicket and lett dem drive after they pay the fine, and this it`s were wrong, if you don`t have driver license to drive in Thailand the Police most take the kea and kall the owner and give them a fine about 10.000 Bath. Then we don`t se all this dead accident in the news.

the fine for no license is Bt400, what was the extra Bt.100 for ?

In all reality - the Police Should be taking the key's and removing unlicensed drivers from the Road. 

Imagine if you will an Unlicensed and Underage driver is stopped by the Police - The police fine the driver B500 for driving without a licence and permit the driver to continue. 

1.5 kms later the same Unlicensed and Underage driver fails to stop at a Red Traffic light and kills someone on a motorcycle.

Are the Police culpable ?

In the hypothetical example above - I would also place blame at the hands of the Police Officer who did very little in enforcing the law and permitted an illegal driver to continue. 

In the case of the tragic accident described by the OP.... and when considering the events I would also place 'some' culpability at the hands of the Police who in effect gave permission for an unlicensed driver to continue. 

However, the Rider of the Bike is also responsible. Had the bike rider caused an accident, he would be at fault as he shouldn't be riding. He is therefore responsible for his own tragic demise, but IMO the Police should also be held accountable for not doing their job properly and adequately enforcing the law. 

Unfortunately, in Thailand events are only ever handled after an incident and prevention is very far from the minds of many. Thus, getting the logic across that the BiB may also be responsible for this accident is going to be an up hill struggle.

11 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

The good thing about not living in a nannystate, do as you please, but accept full responsibility for whatever happens to you due to your actions.

and when that  lorry driver who also has  no licence is  drunk or asleep runs  you down and kills you at the bust stop?

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In all reality - the Police Should be taking the key's and removing unlicensed drivers from the Road. 

Imagine if you will an Unlicensed and Underage driver is stopped by the Police - The police fine the driver B500 for driving without a licence and permit the driver to continue. 

1.5 kms later the same Unlicensed and Underage driver fails to stop at a Red Traffic light and kills someone on a motorcycle.

In the hypothetical example above - I would also place blame at the hands of the Police Officer who did very little in enforcing the law and permitted an illegal driver to continue. 

In the case of the tragic accident described by the OP.... and when considering the events I would also place 'some' culpability at the hands of the Police who in effect gave permission for an unlicensed driver to continue. 

However, the Rider of the Bike is also responsible. Had the bike rider caused an accident, he would be at fault as he shouldn't be riding. He is therefore responsible for his own tragic demise, but IMO the Police should also be held accountable for not doing their job properly and adequately enforcing the law. 

Unfortunately, in Thailand events are only ever handled after an incident and prevention is very far from the minds of many. Thus, getting the logic across that the BiB may also be responsible for this accident is going to be an up hill struggle.

Richard,

The guy had an big big license in his home country, just that he did not have an IDP is not a big crime. I don't see the police doing much wrong at all, the guy decided to drive.. tragic but ultimately not the police their responsibility.

Now in case of drunk drivers or underage drivers and or cars that are just dangerously loaded.. then yes the police should take away the keys. But in those cases they present an danger to others. This was not the case for this skilled motorbike driver (you don't get a big bike license easy in other countries)

This is just a family trying to get some money from the police.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Richard,

The guy had an big big license in his home country, just that he did not have an IDP is not a big crime. I don't see the police doing much wrong at all, the guy decided to drive.. tragic but ultimately not the police their responsibility.

Now in case of drunk drivers or underage drivers and or cars that are just dangerously loaded.. then yes the police should take away the keys. But in those cases they present an danger to others. This was not the case for this skilled motorbike driver (you don't get a big bike license easy in other countries)

Robblok and Richard@ This man was 26 year old, and the Familie don`t want money from Police, this familie are 1 off the Riches familie in Scandinavia + Norway but they want the people who made a mistake, the Chalong Policy in Phuket + 2 Farang play police in Chalong. Every thing are on movie, as I wrote earlier, he had the camera on the helmet and the helmet was kjøpr in Norway (not the kind you eat soup from)

24 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

Robblok and Richard@ This man was 26 year old, and the Familie don`t want money from Police, this familie are 1 off the Riches familie in Scandinavia + Norway but they want the people who made a mistake, the Chalong Policy in Phuket + 2 Farang play police in Chalong. Every thing are on movie, as I wrote earlier, he had the camera on the helmet and the helmet was kjøpr in Norway (not the kind you eat soup from)

The one who made the mistake is the 26 year old guy not the police. Sorry I just don't see it your way. He has an big bike license back home only thing he did not do was get an IDP (not always needed either). The police let foreigners and Thai go after paying the fine. That is standard operating practice. In this case because he has a big bike license already I see absolutely no problems.

Its just shifting the blame not accepting their son made the mistake (if the accident was his mistake).

Could you find somewhere in the Thai traffic law that you can't go on after paying the fine.. if you can.. then yes the police is to blame. I however have never seen it in the traffic law. This not the Netherlands or Scandinavia different rules apply. Back where I am from the police wont let you go for this offence.. here in Thailand for Thais and farang.. they let you go after paying the fine. 

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have right but the Police Should and shall take the keys from those who do not have driver license present Thailand, this one man 26 Year have Norwegian big bike Certificate but not in International where you in any language you want. Because he don`t now Stupid but ?? 500 Bath to Chalong Police.

OP ...With respect to you and the family whose lost is tragic,  they have to understand Thai dealings no matter how difficult that is,  the facts are the one that made the mistake is their family member,  as said this incident has happened in Thailand and is not dealt with in the same way as in Scandinavia + Norway etc etc.

They can have as much film evident's as they like but nothing will be done under Thai law.

They can throw as much money as they like at a Thai lawyer who will be only too happy to present there case in a Thai court but for sure they will be wasting their time and money. 

RIP young man.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

OP ...With respect to you and the family whose lost is tragic,  they have to understand Thai dealings no matter how difficult that is,  the facts are the one that made the mistake is their family member,  as said this incident has happened in Thailand and is not dealt with in the same way as in Scandinavia + Norway etc etc.

They can have as much film evident's as they like but nothing will be done under Thai law.

They can throw as much money as they like at a Thai lawyer who will be only too happy to present there case in a Thai court but for sure they will be wasting their time and money. 

RIP young man.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

RIP young man.

What you smoke man ? If you read from the begining this family have win in the Court already, It`s about money this familie have money to every thing, and they want to take some Police man and Chalong Police Station  for kill his son, Then we se what happen ??

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Richard,

Valid point... But did the Police make the informed decision to let a skilled and experienced rider continue or did they simply fine someone without a Thai licence and let them continue? 

If the BiB were to stop and fine someone for not wearing their seatbelt and then tell them it's OK to drive around without a seatbelt for the rest of the day because they've already paid the fine. Dr at person is hurt in an accident I would also suggest thr Police are particularly culpable. 

Perhaps a difference of opinion and I agree that things do work differently here. However, examples like this show how wrong the existing culture is within the Thai Police Force.

Unlicenced drivers shouldn't be permitted to continue after they've been stopped. 

All that said - the young man was old enough to look after himself and is ultimately responsible.

1 hour ago, nasa123 said:

What you smoke man ? If you read from the begining this family have win in the Court already, It`s about money this familie have money to every thing, and they want to take some Police man and Chalong Police Station  for kill his son, Then we se what happen ??

What does he smoke? I'll quote what you said. "The Family won't  in the Court in Bangkok to day and thats good."

'won't' doesn't mean 'win'. Perhaps you could be clearer before you start insulting people.

So now we know you mean 'win'. Please explain. How long ago was this accident? it seems very fast to have the court case over already.

You say they won already, so what exactly did they win? Did the family get compensation? Did the policeman lose his job?

Why don't you tell us more about this accident? What happened? Were other drivers involved? Whose fault was the accident? Were they found guilty of causing an accident? Was anyone else hurt?