PM Prayut has no intention of staying in office

webfact

1 hour ago, bark said:

Yes that's what I said ( Yellow). And I said after this government, it will be Red's turn.  As it is Red , Yellow, Red, yellow, etc etc .

( Learn to read ) And yes it has been the plan for fifty years. ( As I stated ).

And I will drive my BMW to my 21 million dollar USD/ year  business and back to my 11 million baht home ( Blissfully ).

Aye. And upon arrival you will wake up again in your council bedsit and check the classifieds to see if Burger King have any openings for former SAS troopers...

Edited by baboon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please I have Managed to barely bluff the Thais to squeeze a rubbish charter through the door. I was smart well I think so anyway. I dazzled them with TV shows and jargon that I will never complete. Although Prompt Pay will be a 5 year winner. By then we will be cashed up and who cares about democracy.  You Thais sort it out yourselves. We are filling our coffers. Hey you voted for us and we did not even allow you to speak. How do you feel good. 

1 hour ago, johng said:

Maybe a picture will help

BrhXk7dCYAAOCRL.jpg

Yes this regime is a big con and there polls and Nida bla bla and total outcome was all a big setup. The drafts never saw country Thailand and most Thais did not even know to vote. Even if they did haha... Rigged

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Even in his dream, it is still nauseating and repulsive.

I always find it amazing how some people who have a much more prosperous life than others seem to have had a compassion bypass. Compared with millions of Thais, my life in Thailand is very pleasant and comfortable. But then I was fortunate enough (and it was good fortune - it could easily have been otherwise) to grow up in a country where education was TOTALLY free - no need to pay for books, exercise books, pens and ink, etc. My primary education was totally free; my secondary education (to the age of 18) was totally free; my undergraduate education was virtually free (most of it paid for by a grant - which was the norm when I was a student); my post-graduate education was free (grants again - not loans). If I had been born in a sweltering rice paddy in Thailand, with parents who could perhaps barely read or write, who had never been given a chance to develop their innate potential, and if I had no place to study in peace and quiet, if I had to get out into the rice fields from an early age to help my parents, just to keep enough money coming in to keep body and soul together, etc., etc. - my life today would almost certainly be VERY different from how it actually is. 

Instead, however, of chirruping my own virtues and pushing away the ladder upon which others further down are struggling to get a foothold, I constantly think: 'How lucky I am - and how desperately, heart-breakingly sad and unfair is the plight of those who have not enjoyed the good luck I was graced with.' 

Yes, be successful in business by all means: but remember that not everyone has anywhere near the same opportunities and chances in life that some of us have been so lucky to have. That beggar in the street could so easily - easily - be YOU!

11 hours ago, Eligius said:

To  understand what is really meant and intended, just reverse the public statements, so that we get:

1) The military will manipulate the situation to allow him to stay on in power

2) The country is not going through any transition to achieve any genuine reform

3) Every sector of society must lend a hand to ensure that a tiny portion of the nation will thrive and prosper.

I am told that followers of black magic and satanism like to do and speak in reverse. Now - why on earth did such a silly thought leap into my mind?! ...

In my years of living here, that's also the way I've learned to understand and interpret government statements.

Whatever is being said, you can pretty much assume the exact opposite is in fact what's occurring.

--So and so assured there was no corruption in the project.

--So and so assured that the public's rights will be protected.

--So and so assured that those found to have engaged in wrongdoing will be punished.

etc etc etc.

1 hour ago, daftdada said:

They're not. Anytime you witness political violence it was stirred up by Thaksin's Red Shirt army. 

This is one of those posts where if you replied with what you really wanted to say then a lifelong ban from the forum would probably be the result.

2 hours ago, bark said:

Yes that's what I said ( Yellow). And I said after this government, it will be Red's turn.  As it is Red , Yellow, Red, yellow, etc etc .

( Learn to read ) And yes it has been the plan for fifty years. ( As I stated ).

And I will drive my BMW to my 21 million dollar USD/ year  business and back to my 11 million baht home ( Blissfully ).

Happy Business, Happy Life.  And nothing else matters.

Thank you for informing us just how rich and better off you are.

9 minutes ago, Thailand said:

This is one of those posts where if you replied with what you really wanted to say then a lifelong ban from the forum would probably be the result.

Yes, and you would be permanently banned from Thailand itself - if you first managed to escape incarceration inside a Thai prison cell !

12 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

He already made this claim about not staying as premier. I do believe he also added to that comment that as soon as a leader was elected that he would instead be I the background making sure the new leader didn't stray from his objectives. Puppeteer?

He can go fishing and he will still be in charge , who is the Thai Defence Secretary................

2 hours ago, daftdada said:

They're not. Anytime you witness political violence it was stirred up by Thaksin's Red Shirt army. 

There's always one dolt that believes in this tripe....get over Thaksin......10 years already !!

12 hours ago, Eligius said:

To  understand what is really meant and intended, just reverse the public statements, so that we get:

1) The military will manipulate the situation to allow him to stay on in power

2) The country is not going through any transition to achieve any genuine reform

3) Every sector of society must lend a hand to ensure that a tiny portion of the nation will thrive and prosper.

I am told that followers of black magic and satanism like to do and speak in reverse. Now - why on earth did such a silly thought leap into my mind?! ...

Worse ... The only reason he is pushing ahead with the coal fired power station in Krabi, with plans for several more in Southern Thailand is the lovely feeling of having his pockets stuffed with money from the coal mining giants, ..  and let's not forget the gross concessions being made ( by him) to those raping the gulf of energy recourses. 

At a great and unforgivable loss to the Thai people.

He is silencing the media on al discussions relating to these issues.

Thaksin Shinawatra is in exile avoiding corruption charges? 

Petty cash compared with what this so-called PM is up to.

The courts, the media, and the government are all stitched up. And he will get away with it.

3 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

Worse ... The only reason he is pushing ahead with the coal fired power station in Krabi, with plans for several more in Southern Thailand is the lovely feeling of having his pockets stuffed with money from the coal mining giants, ..  and let's not forget the gross concessions being made ( by him) to those raping the gulf of energy recourses. 

At a great and unforgivable loss to the Thai people.

He is silencing the media on al discussions relating to these issues.

Thaksin Shinawatra is in exile avoiding corruption charges? 

Petty cash compared with what this so-called PM is up to.

The courts, the media, and the government are all stitched up. And he will get away with it.

'He is silencing the media on all discussions relating to these issues.'

True. I'd actually reduce and simplify your sentence into: 'He is silencing the media on all discussions'!

14 hours ago, Thian said:

I'll give you one example only, did you read about the BKK governor being kicked out of office last week? 

You can liken that to drug lords. 

They send a small fish through the airport, to be caught and keep everybody busy. Then while people are preoccupied with small fish, the big   sharks swim right through the net. 

Nobody notices. 

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 0:52 AM, Thian said:

Please stay at the sideline mr Prayuth, we don't want BKK to become a warzone again. That's not good for tourism, business and the relation among people in the whole country.

I also fear the corruption to come back. 

Are you seriously suggesting corruption has gone ?

One might make a feeble attempt to argue that some effort had been made to tackle corruption , though evidence is very thin on the ground.

However to say Corruption is gone, or going , or even better than before , is a staggeringly inept conclusion.

17 hours ago, heybruce said:

"Repression - what aren't you able to do, that could do prior to coup? "

I can't list the things I can't say or post because of censorship.  More important, Thai people aren't allowed to discuss and express opinions.  They are definitely not allowed to choose their leaders or object to the leaders forced on them.  I'm not allowed to go into greater detail.

The train article you referenced indicates a major purchase from the junta's Chinese friends.  The trains aren't in service and it remains to be seen if the speeds promised will be delivered on existing track.

Corruption is a way of doing business in the Thai military http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/ .  Corruption won't end under corrupt military rule.

From your own reference, at the time of the coup GDP had dropped 0.5% during the quarter Suthep was causing chaos.  My statement about the slowest growing large economy in southeast Asa was correct:

Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia, in that order, are expected to be the top performers in 2016, with expansion rates of 7.0% and higher. At the other end of the spectrum, Brunei and Singapore are likely to be the worst performers, followed by Thailand. Among the rest of the region’s major economies, Vietnam and the Philippines will grow the fastest, with projected expansions of 6.1% and 6.3% respectively. Our panel of economists sees regional giant Indonesia expanding 5.0%. " http://www.focus-economics.com/regions/asean 

You complain about what the military rule has or hasn't done; if you don't like it.....Leave! End of story..

15 minutes ago, eggers said:

You complain about what the military rule has or hasn't done; if you don't like it.....Leave! End of story..

Did it come to your mind that someone has his life all set here and has no choice but to stay? 

I am really astonished by people riding on their high horse and give their refrain "or my way or the highway"...

1 hour ago, eggers said:

The usual refrain from drifters, "I don't have a home or roots anywhere so why should you? Empathy = 0, Understanding = 0, Ambition = 0.

Carry on.

Chook

2 hours ago, HappyDazed said:

If you cant leave then sthu and get on with it.... instead of endlessly whinging like a bunch of pussies.

The usual refrain, "I don't care about nuffing and have no principles so why should you? Understanding = 0, Ambition = 0, IQ > 20. Maybe. On a good day. Lines make a diff. 1 and I'm Batman. 2 and I turn base metals into gold. Yippee!

Carry on.

Chook

Edited by Chookie

3 hours ago, eggers said:

Actually I complain primarily about what it has done.  I'm a witness to a crime and I'm reporting it to as much of the world as I can.

If you don't like it, shove your head where the sun don't shine and pretend everything is fine.  Oh wait, you already did.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Actually I complain primarily about what it has done.  I'm a witness to a crime and I'm reporting it to as much of the world as I can.

If you don't like it, shove your head where the sun don't shine and pretend everything is fine.  Oh wait, you already did.

Haha, "...witness to a crime & I'm reporting it to as much of world as I can". Suggest need  a wider reporting base that Thai Visa & have a few more facts rather than your limited view.. P.S> Try to stay objective & not use imbecilic abuse; does nothing for your viewpoint!!

4 hours ago, HappyDazed said:

If you cant leave then sthu and get on with it.... instead of endlessly whinging like a bunch of pussies.

The only pussy here is your intellect, for thinking life is so simple. A few more people like you need to suffer more in life to get some kind of empathy and insight knocked into your thick head.