Queen's most senior aides 'call ALL royal staff into emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace'

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Enoon said:

The use of the word "emergency", in the original "story", seems to have done the trick.

And it was the Daily Mail "what did it".

Vivat Regina.

The DM is good at that, too bad it's not really a newspaper though.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Unconfirmed reports that flags have been lowed to half mast at Buckingham Palace

I've read in the AP and Telegraph that the palace had said there is no cause for concern

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Following reports of royal staff spotted on the roof of Buckingham Palace, social media users shared images showing the Union flag is not at half mast.

C-9UFYmXkAAOrtM.jpg

Read more here.

When the Queen is at home, in Buckingham Palace,  I think the flag that would be flying would be the Royal Standard not the Union Flag.

2 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

When the Queen is at home, in Buckingham Palace,  I think the flag that would be flying would be the Royal Standard not the Union Flag.

You are correct and the linked news report has been corrected too as follows:

Following reports of royal staff spotted on the roof of Buckingham Palace, social media users shared images showing the Royal Standard is not at half mast.

See here.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I'm so excited about this I just can't wait.

I'm with JF, it's either corgi related else Buck Pal is going airbnb to help pay for the repairs.

2 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Prince is stepping down, 7 News Sidney reports.

Well he is 95. It is no surprise. I am amazed it needed all the household together to state that.

Edited by Andaman Al

Britain's Prince Philip, 95, to cease royal duties in autumn - palace

2017-05-04T091238Z_1_LYNXMPED430HR_RTROPTP_3_BRITAIN-ROYALS-SNOWDON.JPG

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, is to permanently stand down from royal duties in the autumn, Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Thursday.

The palace said the queen would continue to carry out her full programme of engagements.

(Reporting by Michael Holden and Kate Holton, writing by Alistair Smout; Editing by Estelle Shirbon)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-05-04

Phil is 96 in a couple of weeks time and has decided he doesn't want to do anymore public duties.  Fair enough, after all the Queen is still going for now.  When she gives up public appearances no doubt William and Kate will do more while Charles carries on writing letters and talking to his plants.

6 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

That would make sense. It would allow William to take the Throne as a young monarch, with Young family. It is what the monarchy needs.

No. Charles will become king when the Queen dies. This is referring to the Queens husband, Prince Philip.

The Queen has said many times she will not abdicate, but will continue as Queen while she still has breath.

William will become King when Charles dies, assuming that Charles outlives his mother.

He has has a good innings and has been an asset to the Uk's standing in the world. He shows how a modern monarchy can be relevant and useful in a today's democratic society. Any love that folk have for him (I suspect more respect than love) is based on his actions and support for the monarch where he has been a solid rock to the Queen over nearly 7 decades. Others would do well to watch and learn.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN !