Isaan teen so proud to have finished high school, takes pics with degree everywhere he goes

webfact

Teen so proud to have finished high school, takes pics with degree everywhere he goes

(PHOTOS)

By Prae Sakaowan 

cc.jpg

Photo: Samatkrit Waenklang/ Facebook

KORAT: -- An Isaan teen is so proud to have finished high school that he decided to walk around town, snapping pictures of himself holding his degree in unlikely places.

He’s held up his degree at 7-Eleven, the cinema, and the gaming zone at shopping mall. Proud high school graduate Samatkrit Waenklang, from Nakhon Ratchasima, held his degree up high in all of these places with a straight face.

“I graduated!” he wrote.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/teen-proud-finished-high-school-takes-pics-degree-everywhere-goes-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-05-26

It's a high school diploma, not a degree. Degrees are obtained when graduating college or university.

All the same, good on the young fella. If he maintains this enthusiasm through out life, he could go far.

47 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

Why can some people not say good things about a heart jerk story

congratulations to the lad and all others finishing high school with dignity and honour intact!

Because sadly many members on TV are shall we say bitter and twisted- life for them did not turn out so well. Just losers really. 

Many of us have made the Kingdom our home- we realise the problems here- but do not spend every moment criticising- it is what it is- and a bit more of an adventure than some dull Western country.  

They delight in bashing every topic- they think it's maybe amusing- it's not. 

Unfortunately we are getting more and more of this 'click bait '

Congratulations to this young man- I hope he does well in the future . 

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Because sadly many members on TV are shall we say bitter and twisted- life for them did not turn out so well. Just losers really. 

Many of us have made the Kingdom our home- we realise the problems here- but do not spend every moment criticising- it is what it is- and a bit more of an adventure than some dull Western country.  

They delight in bashing every topic- they think it's maybe amusing- it's not. 

Unfortunately we are getting more and more of this 'click bait '

Congratulations to this young man- I hope he does well in the future . 

Maybe 3 "bashers" out of 15 posts? Not a lot of negativity.

26 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Did he buy it? or did he study and earn it.need to see proof. There is to much corruption in Thailand to take his word for this,sorry I see it happen at my GF sons school.

Huh ??? the mind boggles how some people could turn this story in to a negative Thai-bash... Astonishing !

Good on the lad, he's proud of what he's achieved... 

They didn't say a lot about his life.

Maybe he is one of those kids who have to go sell veggies or chicken on the market or help dad in the farm before doing school homework and then he can be proud!

Well done dude!

Just now, Jedsada3 said:

They didn't say a lot about his life.

Maybe he is one of those kids who have to go sell veggies or chicken on the market or help dad in the farm before doing school homework and then he can be proud!

Well done dude!

You make an awful lot of assumptions.

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Huh ??? the mind boggles how some people could turn this story in to a negative Thai-bash... Astonishing !

Good on the lad, he's proud of what he's achieved... 

It's not a Thai Bash,,,It's the Naked Truth,,,if you can't take the truth get of this site .

Out of 11 family members, my girlfriend of three years from Sisaket was the only one who finished high school. The last three years M 3-6 she studied Accounting at the local university. She says she "went to university" but I never try to minimize the accomplishment she earned by finishing up and doing so well. She's smart and if her parents had the money she would have been able to earn a Bachelors degree easily. It's tough out there.

This forum isn't a safe space. 

Jingthing - I am aware of this recent concept of a safe place- it originated in America- and it's creeping into British campuses. Luckily in the UK it's being resisted- the universities are refusing to bow down to these totally stupid PC concerns by a tiny minority of students.
Remove history- no learn from it. Get upset in lectures - if you don't agree with the content. Talk about the snowflake generation .

No this forum is not a safe place- have you ever wondered why many appalling homophobic posts disappear- because I use the report button. That should be close to your heart.

On the other hand- as with the homophobic posts- members need to fight back and as we say call a spade a spade- and call out the losers who wish to turn every post into bashing this country, its population who are constantly been kept down through manipulation of the elites and corporations.

We live here, in many ways I love this country - in some ways I dislike it.

In this post of the achievements of this young man- and his pride in what he did- you can stick your 'safe place ' up where the sun does not shine .