Man killed in road accident, body dragged 25 km away

rooster59

Man killed in road accident, body dragged 25 km away

bus2.jpg

A 69-year-old man killed in a road accident while riding a bicycle on Phahonyonthin road in Lampang’s Thoen district and his body was dragged 25 kilometres away before being pulled out.

The incident happened at around 7.30pm on Friday (March 2) when police were alerted of a road accident involving a bicycle in Tambon Mae Thod in Thoen district. Police and rescue workers rushed to the scene and found a badly damaged bicycle lying on the side of the highway with blood traces and pieces of human flesh on the road.

But the bicycle rider couldn’t be found at the scene.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-killed-road-accident-body-dragged-25-km-away/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-03

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I wonder if they can prove such a thing. 

driving inter-provincial vip coach bus?

they got dash cams.

wasn't there a similar story about a month ago?

"professional" driver on a dark, rough road at night,

hit something in the road, dragged the body home?

whatever happened?

Edited by ChouDoufu

"Mr Prasit said he didn’t think that the object was  human so he didn’t stop the bus to check."

wonder what he thought it was ,an Orangutan escaped from Chiang Mai Zoo,i'm sure a body

stuck in the front wheels would have made steering a bit difficult,i believe he was just hoping the

body would drop off and be someone else's problem.

the bicycle does not look that damaged,maybe the man could have survived in the driver had of stopped

straight away      RIP 

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

Mr Prasit said he didn’t think that the object was  human so he didn’t stop the bus to check.

Even if his bus was not reacting badly, an reasonable driver would stop to check that no real damage had been done to the vehicle. He would have found the body at this time, instead of driving on, maybe hoping that it would just fall away and could be ignored.

I doubt if the bike has been hit by the bus or driven over by the bus looking at it's good condition, it will be easy to check anyway. It's possible the guy had fallen off or been knocked off by something else. The driver should really have seen him in the road though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Did his bike have lights and reflectors?

Why should the bike have reflectors and lights ? In the dark, in the rain Thais can see and can be seen, no problem.

Every time I travel in the dark I can see dozens of cars, samlors, bikes, motorbikes within any given time. Bulbs must be very expensive in Thailand. No actions from police about the correct use of lights. Nobody gives a sh!t.

On the other hand, almost every pick-up has its fog lights on, whenever the lights are turned on. What's wrong with these people ?  Why don't they care about safety and their own life ?

7 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Why should the bike have reflectors and lights ? In the dark, in the rain Thais can see and can be seen, no problem.

Every time I travel in the dark I can see dozens of cars, samlors, bikes, motorbikes within any given time. Bulbs must be very expensive in Thailand. No actions from police about the correct use of lights. Nobody gives a sh!t.

On the other hand, almost every pick-up has its fog lights on, whenever the lights are turned on. What's wrong with these people ?  Why don't they care about safety and their own life ?

They dont care because they believe it is fate when you die on the roads

• Like 1

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Disgusting.... You hit something ,then carry on for 25 kms, bloody moron.

What a terrible way to die, my thoughts are with his family at this time, R.I.P .hope you didnt suffer too much.

Now will it be a 500 baht fine, and a wai, then all is forgiven/ forgotten?

The driver should be charged with manslaughter, failing to stop at the scene, but hey it wont happen.

and of course your well in with the fuzz eh ?

3 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

and of course your well in with the fuzz eh ?

I would say Col is stating a fact on what he read. In countries if this happened the charge would Manslaughter. But after what i saw and police how they handled it when a guy ran a red light In ubon and hit a motorbike nearly killing the passenger who happens to board in our house then i can see where col is coming from. The idiot who ran the red light was not even charged. In fact i think the cops nearly said sorry for taking up some of his time for asking questions on what happened  Can you see in the story above what action the police took against this guy who dragged the body? NO

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

from the photo, the bicycle is undamaged.

the seat is at an awkward angle, but i've seen folks

around town with components improperly adjusted.

as you can see, the basket on the front is not

bent in any way.

don't think the bike was hit by the bus.  the old guy

may have had a heart attack and fallen off.

bus driver did not see body in the road, as he was

too busy texting or watching soaps on

the dashboard video monitor.

43 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I would say Col is stating a fact on what he read. In countries if this happened the charge would Manslaughter. But after what i saw and police how they handled it when a guy ran a red light In ubon and hit a motorbike nearly killing the passenger who happens to board in our house then i can see where col is coming from. The idiot who ran the red light was not even charged. In fact i think the cops nearly said sorry for taking up some of his time for asking questions on what happened  Can you see in the story above what action the police took against this guy who dragged the body? NO

Thanks for pointing out what i said, but that person calling themselves lamkyong always takes the p+=s out of anything i post, got some twisted thoughts, that 1.

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

Disgusting.... You hit something ,then carry on for 25 kms, bloody moron.

What a terrible way to die, my thoughts are with his family at this time, R.I.P .hope you didnt suffer too much.

Now will it be a 500 baht fine, and a wai, then all is forgiven/ forgotten?

The driver should be charged with manslaughter, failing to stop at the scene, but hey it wont happen.

Quote: Police and rescue workers rushed to the scene and found a badly damaged bicycle lying on the side of the highway

My monitor shows a blue bicycle in very good condition..no buckled wheels or frame...hmm. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tandor said:

Quote: Police and rescue workers rushed to the scene and found a badly damaged bicycle lying on the side of the highway

My monitor shows a blue bicycle in very good condition..no buckled wheels or frame...hmm. 

yes, on second thought, the website that

published the story may have simply used

a stock "bicycle in road" photo.

2 minutes ago, tandor said:

My monitor shows a od condition..no buckled wheels or frame...hmm. 

Why on earth would you quote me?

Bit silly as i never mentioned the bicycle in my post,please read my post correctly next time.

• Confused 1