What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

The story of the Sideman

I really enjoyed this one from the Beeb.

Summary: Film shining a spotlight on the untold story of The Sidemen, the musicians behind some of the greatest artists of all time. The Sidemen are the forgotten 'guns for hire' that changed musical history. Featuring interviews with Mick Jagger, Billy Joel and Keith Richards, this film takes viewers from the 1960s to today, via global stars such as Prince, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones and Beyoncé.

If you enjoyed that, check out " 20 feet from stardom"

Brilliant doco about backing singers.

• Like 2

I'm hooked on The Last Kingdom right now. It is the best TV series that I have watched for a while. The lead is an amazing hero of the type that was more common when I was young. He kind of reminds me of Jax on Sons of Anarchy, but back in ancient England. 

• Like 2

While watching downloads of "Father Brown" the BBC had ads for "Death in Paradise." I found S01 on PB. Personally, I think it's a gem. Look forward to working my way through the 6 seasons of this comedy/crime show. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Just watched a 10 part Netflix offering called Hotel Beau Sejour.

It's a belgian production…..in the same vein as some of the great scandi-noir mysteries.

Thanks, just started a DL from PB.

Movie - Route Irish

Enjoyed this one.

Directed by Ken Loach.

The story of a private security contractor in Iraq who rejected the official explanation of his friend's death and sets out to discover the truth.

• Like 1

In the Dark

A good start to this new 5 part series from the Beeb.

IMDB: As she grapples with pregnancy D.I. Helen Weeks must return to the hometown she loathes to help her childhood best friend,
who finds herself at the centre of a media frenzy following the abduction of two girls.

On 04/07/2017 at 11:09 AM, Jai Dee said:

OK... I'll admit I'm a sucker for punishment.

I've finished watching Season 2 of Dark Matter already... 13 episodes over 3 nights.

It would appear that there at only 5 episodes of Season 3 available so my gluttony for punishment is going to end soon. :sad:

Melissa O'Neil is very watchable... :w00t:

Capture_80.jpg

I like the series, they seem to be committed to realistic characters, and characters are why I get hooked on shows.

I have been watching Killjoys as well, which is the show that comes on before Dark Matter on SyFy. Another space show, but they are bounty hunters. Some martial art talent here, but of course the main feature is Dutch: the boss and a babe to rival Two on Dark Matter. You're not going to get tired of looking, I guarantee it.

killjoys_-_dutch_-_cast.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I like the series, they seem to be committed to realistic characters, and characters are why I get hooked on shows.

I have been watching Killjoys as well, which is the show that comes on before Dark Matter on SyFy. Another space show, but they are bounty hunters. Some martial art talent here, but of course the main feature is Dutch: the boss and a babe to rival Two on Dark Matter. You're not going to get tired of looking, I guarantee it.

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Downloading now...

It looks like Killjoys has a bit more action to it than Dark Matter too.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 10:01 AM, Pdaz said:

If you enjoyed that, check out " 20 feet from stardom"

Brilliant doco about backing singers.

Enjoyed both. Great forum here.

For info on some ladies who got a lot closer than 20 feet, check out Let's Spend The Night Together, a docu about the original groupies. NOT brilliant but may even inspire you to watch Almost Famous again. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

I watched Wonder Woman last night.

After all the hype and the waiting until a full HD version became available both the missus and I thought that the story line was a bit thin and the movie over-rated.

Disappointing.

Yes very disappointing. Seems that many of the heavily hyped movies of late have been p00p. 

I know Who You Are

An excellent start to this new Spanish series on the Beeb.

IMDB: A man ends up in hospital after a car accident. He does not remember his name, but it is soon discovered he is a famous attorney.
To make things worse, the police start to suspect him of having murdered his missing niece.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Movie - Siphayo

A pretty good movie from the Philippines.

The nude scenes with Nathalie Hart probably give it a few extra rating points ;D

IMDB: A self-made farmer and rice mill owner causes a rebellion by his two sons when he installs his young mistress as the new woman of the house immediately after his wife's death.

14263974_1306117132762473_4851749537958132060_n.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Thanks a bunch for that ideal suggestion! You can get a contact high from it.

Glad you enjoyed it. There's a rumour  there may be another series.

Really? Please don't tease me.

ideal2.jpg.b82ca39da0d408cfc583ffd2891809f2.jpg

OK, I must say the accent was a bit of a struggle.

Edited by Jingthing

Killing Richard Glossip.

Excellent start to this 4 part doco.

A bit like Making a Murderer.

IMDB: An Oklahoma man convicted of Murder for Hire, sits on death row. Already granted a stay of execution THREE times, Glossip continues to proclaim innocence. This documentary follows Glossip's lawyers hurriedly looking to uncover new evidence before there is no more stay of execution.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Killing Richard Glossip.

Excellent start to this 4 part doco.

A bit like Making a Murderer.

IMDB: An Oklahoma man convicted of Murder for Hire, sits on death row. Already granted a stay of execution THREE times, Glossip continues to proclaim innocence. This documentary follows Glossip's lawyers hurriedly looking to uncover new evidence before there is no more stay of execution.

Can't find Pt. 2 anywhere for some reason.