Driver cut free after truck carrying soybeans tips over on to his car

webfact

Driver cut free after truck carrying soybeans tips over on to his car

By The Nation

4915e3adf7da3e5f59f4d412a87de38a.jpeg

A man is in hospital after an 18-wheeler trailer truck loaded with soybeans lost control and fell on top of a passing car in Bangkok’s Lat Krabang district on Sunday afternoon.

Police and rescue workers rushed to the scene on Pracha Wattana Road’s Wat Pol Manee curve in Thab Yao sub-district at 1.30pm to find the truck lying on its side and on top of the crushed sedan.

While traffic police blocked the road to enable them to rescue the car driver, rescue workers used tools to cut open the wrecked sedan car and free the drier.

d58d4f1acdcf0c76ef189d9ad191afd9.jpeg

He was then stretchered off and taken by ambulance to hospital. Neither his injuries or condition were immediately clear, although he was conscious and able to speak to his rescuers as they took him away.

9e5040104db0dfe6458f5046875dbe33.jpeg

Truck driver Narong Wongpen, 33, who walked free unhurt, said the truck was carrying 46 tonnes of soybeans and he was driving at under 40km per hour when a motorcycle suddenly cut in front of him.

He had turned sharply to the right to avoid a collision, he said, resulting in losing control of his vehicle and not being able to stop it falling on top of the car.

f182b014ff093fac1241887826efef3a.jpeg

8133e6b4728e278f914009f238dfef8d.jpeg

a28692f9a91022ac0d835ac769c58b89.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30346369

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-28

5 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

My goodness!!  What a lucky guy.  Amulets working overtime!  What ever the truck driver's excuse is , he must have been driving to fast.  I'm guessing that the insurance company are now deciding if the Fortuna can be repaired....

Only if they can find panels and fittings as old as the original.

?

One of those Monday morning "surprised" and "not surprised" articles.

- Surprised (and amazed + thankful) that the driver survived at all.

- Surprised the truck driver did not disappear into the rice fields and sunset

- Not surprised, as shown by the video, that the truck driver didn't man up and simply lied .....

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

One very lucky man if he does survive,the excuses seem to have

moved from brake  failure to someone cut in front of me,as noted

a couple of such excuses in last few days.

regards worgeordie

and in the last case on TV at the U  turn it was clear there was absolutely no motorbike involved, yes I think its a new " get out of jail free" excuse now.

Another load of bull shit. Mother cycle cut in front. On a curve, for sure he was doing more than 40. With 46 tons. Hope they breathalised him. They are known to have their hidden medicin bottle in the cab, Thai Whisky. And probably been driving a long time.

• Confused 1

I saw the results of a very similar accident in the early hours of the morning as we on the loops of the off-ramp in Srinakarin Road except two containers has slid off the back of the truck and squashed three cars waiting to turn onto Srinakarin Rd.  The sight of those cars will never leave me. Utterly horrific!  The truck travelling far too fast for the curve and no lockdown pins on the containers (Have a look at how many trucks don't use them next time you are next to them at traffic lights). Probably other factors would be Yaa Baa, stupidity and a couldn't care attitude. Funny thing was there wasn't any mention of this in the Thai newspapers. I guess a few baht crossed the table somewhere shortly afterwards..

cudos to the tech people who were able to lift the truck and get the driver out.

Didn't expect that much skill in LOS

Hope he will survive without remaining health problems

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

cudos to the tech people who were able to lift the truck and get the driver out.

Didn't expect that much skill in LOS

Hope he will survive without remaining health problems

I was going to say the same thing. 

Well done to the rescuers for getting him out.   Appears they knew what the were doing and had hydraulic rams available to lift the container.  I also think the guy probably appreciated someone holding a fan to blow air at him, I know I would have been glad for even that little bit of comfort.

• Like 1