How to stop condensation from A/C on front window

4MyEgo

21 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Look at the cause rather than the cure. Hot meets cold - either turn down your aircon or fit double glazing.

The cause is almost certainly too much moisture in the air. Try placing an extractor fan in your shower room and kitchen as these are the most likely sources of the moisture

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ResandePohm said:

The cause is almost certainly too much moisture in the air. Try placing an extractor fan in your shower room and kitchen as these are the most likely sources of the moisture

You do realise the subject is a cars windscreen?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

It seems a lot of cars/trucks made in Thailand don't have the heating vents on the dash, so you can't direct the aircon onto the windscreen, which would normally clear it in a flash.

Yes most cars are very different in Thailand and especially made for Thailand ?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, tomas557 said:

When it's raining obviously no mist can happen on the outside, but the windows will mist on the inside when you don't put on aircon when raining

Yes, I have, very rarely, seen condensation on the inside of the screen. To be honest I don't remember the weather conditions, but I'll bet it was at 5.30AM (my "head for work" time) on a winter morning when it's been more than a trifle chilly overnight.

Our OP commenting now, when it's hot and wet, should be seeing the condensation on the outside.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I get what your saying but maybe I am not coming across the right way or explaining my situation.

The window looks like it is freezing at the bottom above the dashboard, i.e. its only about 150mm in height at about wiper level and above, and only comes on when the A/C is turned onto the windscreen, when raining, that said when it is a hot day there is nothing there and this is where I like the air coming from as it is really not noticeable but is cool, however if it's in your face or your feet its annoying, so I want to try and stop this recurring if I can, that said, I believe the correct terminology is mist as opposed to condensation as I stated before.  

Had a similar issue when it was raining. I changed  the AC from the window and put it on face mode. I then turn the vents facing the roof and away from me. Like you I don’t like the cold air direct onto my face or feet. It worked for me but did take a few minutes to have any effect.

You could also try putting the AC from recirculating mode to taking air from outside for a little while. I’ve tried opening the window slightly but that actually made it worse. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2018 at 9:44 PM, Crossy said:

Set the blower so it doesn't blow on the screen, feet and face only.

Use the wipers to clear any that does form (it will be on the outside), once you get moving it will keep clear by itself.

As I mentioned in another reply, I don't like the A/C on the face or feet, that said, I did try it as the sun was on its way down last night as I was heading out to the local waterhole, and it wasn't too bad once I moved the vents from me to the left and right, and will further investigate to see if I can survive it as the waterhole is only a brief drive.

The above said a few of the lads on reply to my post have suggested turning off the recycle air button which I will also try today as I am out most of the day.

Will update later.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As I mentioned in another reply, I don't like the A/C on the face or feet, that said, I did try it as the sun was on its way down last night as I was heading out to the local waterhole, and it wasn't too bad once I moved the vents from me to the left and right, and will further investigate to see if I can survive it as the waterhole is only a brief drive.

The above said a few of the lads on reply to my post have suggested turning off the recycle air button which I will also try today as I am out most of the day.

Will update later.

Recycled air should really only be used if there bad smells or fumes coming into the ride. You can get moisture and/or CO2 buildup which ain't good...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Put in new filters.. so many avoid this and dont go for Dealership Service. This ive never understood, go to Be Screwed n save 500 bht no way.. Years ago i compared Nissan Service cost against the Cockpit , nothing in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Put in new filters.. so many avoid this and dont go for Dealership Service. This ive never understood, go to Be Screwed n save 500 bht no way.. Years ago i compared Nissan Service cost against the Cockpit , nothing in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Some rides don't have filters...Plus, filters have nothing to do with condensation, they collect crap...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thaimike370 said:

Liquid soap wiped on windows will stop the condensation, the proper cure is to get your aircon checked every six months.

...which the rain or condensation, combined with the wipers, removes with the first sweep of the screen!

How does checking the aircon regularly help with condensation on the outside of the windscreen?

• Like 1

Some rides don't have filters...Plus, filters have nothing to do with condensation, they collect crap...

The old coot says hes coughing, and you have anther Senior Moment..?. Pray tell how far you going back My Nissan Patroll thing had fiters 25 years ago Lovely old truckie still miss it.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, transam said:

Recycled air should really only be used if there bad smells or fumes coming into the ride. You can get moisture and/or CO2 buildup which ain't good...

On modern cars it automatically disables after 10 mns, so yes, it's an evidence that it should not be used too long.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 9:44 PM, Crossy said:

Set the blower so it doesn't blow on the screen, feet and face only.

Use the wipers to clear any that does form (it will be on the outside), once you get moving it will keep clear by itself.

Updating as I said I would ?

Yep, hour drive both ways, had the a/c on face and feet and also turned the recycle air button off, can live with this, the screen didn't get any condensation on it, although the drivers window started to, but tilting the vents up sorted it.

When it gets to cold I just switch it off and have the fan going, because the Ranger's a/c is <deleted> cold, either way you turn the dial, up or down, not complaining because when its hot, I love it, but when raining and cold, not so good. 

Cheers

• Like 2

18 hours ago, goegoe said:

On modern cars it automatically disables after 10 mns, so yes, it's an evidence that it should not be used too long.

I read somewhere that some rides have a bypass sensor that measures CO2 buildup and brings in outside air..

• Confused 1