Honda Forza opinions

Kenny202

Looking at buying a 2nd hand 2016 Forza. I have heard very good things about them....including theyre a decent touring bike.

I have a CBR sport bike but looking at this as an all rounder. Whats the concencus on these?

Are they a good bike?

Safety?

Strong reliable engine?

Any advice appreciated

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 1

Had a pcx for a few years and 4 mates have Forza’s (1 new stylie).
They are similar to pcx bigger, better brakes,comfort & acceleration.
Ideal for kilometer munching. Weather protection is good too when compared to ‘traditional’ motorbike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You will always find someone who does not like the Forza.

Mine is 2018, but not the new design.

I am 6 feet 2 and find the new one too much like a PCX in size, and dont like the gimmicky screen.

rode mine from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai, over 3 days, which was really easy.

Could have done it in one day.

It is a great all round bike.

Easy to filter in traffic, is not too wide to get in between lanes of traffic.

Ride it like the scooter it is, and you will have no problems.

Try to ride it like a Sports Bike, and you will fall off when you try to lean it over  ????

I am also getting an off road bike to have some fun, but will keep my Forza for years to come.

Cheap to service, and like all Honda's, easy to get parts.

• Like 1

Hi again. I don't know anything about the CBR, but the Forza is fully automatic, and is a great bike over long distances, I have been all round Isaan, down to Bangkok and Pattaya, and the bike has done over 27.000 Ks with no problems at all. Hope this helps.  Possum.

• Like 2

I love my Forza.  The extra weight is unnoticeable due to the low centre of gravity.  I've been on some long trips and never had a problem.  My daughter borrows it when I'm not looking and she said that it's easier than her Scoopy!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alant said:

Mine 2013 model, does well, rides well. Prefer Pirelli tyres can ride all day. Been from n Thailand to Cambodia and longer rides around Isan. No problems.

I have to agree on the Pirelli tyres they are great on the Forza, improves the handling and the comfort of the ride as well. I've had mine since 2014 without any issues at all. Lighting is great, and the brakes saved me many times already.

• Like 1

I also have a 2013 Forza paid a mate 100K for it two years ago, I had a Nouvo Elegance 135 in Thailand for 5 years before that but was too small for my fat ar$e and no good for a decent run (I have big bikes in UK also)

As said get Pirelli's on; I also upgraded rear shocks to YSS adjustable gas assisted (miles better handling and comfort) slightly heavier front fork oil (Im a lard ar$e lol) so stiffend front end up and suits me. Performance GLP Variator with lightened weights (bit quicker acceleration, slightly less top end - plenty fast enough for LOS) improves torque/power delivery, Akrapovic Rear Can (a lot lighter than standard) with full bore link pipe and matched filter (gives bit more poke) then adjustable folding levers for personal comfort. yes a little big for parking sometimes but in Phuket have no problems and advatages of everthing else out weighs that, I would not pay the price of a T-max, so at 100K good 2nd hand and a few extras Im well happy.

Bog Standard they are a great can do all bike, mine has never missed a beat over last two years, you will not be dissapointed.

A few tweeks if you want to like above and they can do a bit extra over stock and feel a lot better for it. Im in Phuket so lucky we have this place here for pcx and Forza goodies (link below)

https://www.powerbyforza.com/en/12-accessories-honda-forza-300

Edited by Lokie
  • Like 2

I loved my 2016 Forza. Great acceleration and braking. For a 300 cc scooter.

Hard to understand why you would choose it for a long haul. If you can’t accelerate and stop Faster than the cars around you, you are at a disadvantage. 

I would not go go lower than 500cc (with ABS) for highway travel solo, 650 with a passenger or the barman’s Belly.

15 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

I have to agree on the Pirelli tyres they are great on the Forza, improves the handling and the comfort of the ride as well. I've had mine since 2014 without any issues at all. Lighting is great, and the brakes saved me many times already.

When I asked about Pirelli tyres at GWH they said ' No hab '  next time I need new tyres I will look around at places that only do tyres  eg Deestone . I do find the Dunlop ones a tad scary in the wet.

Would you Forza owners recommend this for a new rider, who is a bit large in the buttocks  -  and maybe a bit timid rider  -  handling??  Balance??   Would be riding from Pattaya to Ban Saray, Sira Cha, Ban Chang, Rayong only short trips - like a weekend fair weather rider.  She doesn't like the smaller bikes........but is also used to riding in the US, much better roads and "Structure" law abiding folks.

Well I've only had it for a day and couldn't recommend it highly enough. It would have to be the largest most comfortable seat out there with back support behind. Sitting position is like a recliner armchair. Low and comfortable similar to a modern cruiser. Bike very stable and easy to ride. I've taken mine into our very congested city and yeah you can't whiz around like on a click but you can normally still get to the front of the traffic. Bike balanced exceptionally well. It's big so a bit daunting when you first get on it but you'll be smiling, relaxed and comfortable in about 5 minutes. Great storage. On the motorway this morning whizzing around at 100-120kmh comfortably. Long trips would be a breeze in fact a delight as the sitting position is so good and bike so smooth and quiet. Acceleration amazing as are the brakes. Very very safe and comfortable bike

• Like 2

On 9/23/2018 at 5:05 PM, thequietman said:

I am similar to you. Got a pcx and love it but need a bit more comfort and speed.

Interested but 2nd hand ones are around 120,000 baht and I need to sell my PCX first, so it is difficult.

I will be interested in this post. ?

I have for sale done just over 2000klms. 0879223242 alan. Brakes are great. Serviced

Edited by helloagain
Added to my post

On 9/24/2018 at 10:34 PM, Lokie said:

I also have a 2013 Forza paid a mate 100K for it two years ago, I had a Nouvo Elegance 135 in Thailand for 5 years before that but was too small for my fat ar$e and no good for a decent run (I have big bikes in UK also)

https://www.powerbyforza.com/en/12-accessories-honda-forza-300

If they charge in Phuket similar prices to the above mentioned website, I would say that it is very expensive. 

screenshot_789.jpg.5f1ccccfafa0914118358ecb37bcdc2a.jpg

screenshot_791.jpg.7202a678aab2c90a7d482b6920e8ad62.jpg

6 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

If they charge in Phuket similar prices to the above mentioned website, I would say that it is very expensive. 

screenshot_789.jpg.5f1ccccfafa0914118358ecb37bcdc2a.jpg

screenshot_791.jpg.7202a678aab2c90a7d482b6920e8ad62.jpg

Was referring to performance parts; yes they a bit pricey but not many places in LOS you can get a Forza performance Variator for example and thats complete with rollers (3 x13g and 3x17g) fitted. Think of top of my head stock roller weights are 6 x 21g

They do a full panel kit for 399 Euros which aint bad, but bog standard parts agreed can get OE cheaper elsewhere and Bikers Co gear.

Som Chai at the local Soi bike shop can always throw your variator in a vice and with his 4ft long cutting bar start shaving a few mm off the roller stops inside and do it by eye a lot cheaper...  :stoner:

There was a good question about differences in models, no one replied...

So is there a major difference between say 2013, 2014 and 2015... engine, brakes, shocks, instruments etc.... !? 

P.S. what a buy of a 2016 Forza for 90kbht.....!!! ? You stole it. ????