Wild dogs: Seven year old fighting for life after savage attack on Thai beach

webfact

7 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

I think they are keeping the dogs alive to see if they develop rabies so they can treat the boy as needed. He can probably do without unnecessary anti-rabies treatment.

Whilst they're waitng for the dogs to develop rabies (can take a long time) the boy will also develop it. Get rid of the dogs and give the victim his rabies shots.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Jabs are free for Thais, it's considered an emergency. Mrs was bitten by a soi dog a couple of years ago, it had bitten 3 others including a kid and people were still feeding it!

Insane, if the food wasn't laced with something 'special'.

36 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Often, sometimes, occasionally - pedantic nonsense.

Uncontrolled diseased soi dogs are a danger to anyone on the streets (and beach for the pedants) and should be brought under control immediately.   

Yes, some well cared for dogs are cleaner and more loyal than some humans and a lot more intelligent than those people who approve of and defend uncontrolled diseased dogs roaming free on the streets (and again for the pedants), beaches and especially whose who blame the victim for unprovoked attacks. 

What is pedantic is your ramblings on what your utopia should be . Flash news it is not.

learn to live with it and avoid or forsee possible trouble.

posting on Thai visa what and how it should be is not going to change anything but if you do feel that strongly , how about you do something about it?

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, michael walker said:

its about Thai  authorities started culling these animals with killing shot they are just  a bloody nuisance every where .

The problem is not just the dogs, it's that Thais don't see them as a problem, just a mild irritation.

41 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Jabs are free for Thais, it's considered an emergency. Mrs was bitten by a soi dog a couple of years ago, it had bitten 3 others including a kid and people were still feeding it!

why is it still breathing? 

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

why is it still breathing? 

I went to bash it's head in, when I got there locals had taken it away, dumped it somewhere to continue biting, that dog really did look like it had rabies.

Edited by Orton Rd

54 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

I think they are keeping the dogs alive to see if they develop rabies so they can treat the boy as needed. He can probably do without unnecessary anti-rabies treatment.

No. The only way to diagnose rabies is to sever the head and take the standard two samples.

22 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Sterilization does nothing to stop dogs ripping apart kids.

Culling will stop that.

Culling will work if it's persistent. 

You don't see this quantity of strays in developed countries. The 'culling doesn't work' brigade can't seem to explain why strays didn't 'come back' across the Western World.

More effective is not tormenting dogs. I am 90% certain that the boy was throwing rocks and debris at the dogs and making threatening gestures. I see it regularly. Thai kids can be very, very cruel.

Culling does not work, and has never worked. How many times do you need to be told. The issue has been studied and documented. Only population control through spaying and neutering, the cessation of dumping of animals and the end of the puppy mills will manage the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BestB said:

What is pedantic is your ramblings on what your utopia should be . Flash news it is not.

learn to live with it and avoid or forsee possible trouble. 

posting on Thai visa what and how it should be is not going to change anything but if you do feel that strongly , how about you do something about it?

"learn to live with it and avoid or foresee possible trouble."

Why should anyone should have to "learn to live with it" when there is a very clear remedy to the problem. 

At least I am voicing an opinion of what many consider is a problem, that certainly outweighs a do nothing opinion other than making useless statements like "learn to live with it", "foresee possible trouble",  "it's  the victims /parents fault" 

No need to respond as you have nothing constructive to add.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No. The only way to diagnose rabies is to sever the head and take the standard two samples.

I do think that the boy has suffered enough , without taking those measures to see whether he contracted rabies or not 

• Haha 2

Just now, Artisi said:

"learn to live with it and avoid or foresee possible trouble."

Why should anyone should have to "learn to live with it" when there is a very clear remedy to the problem. 

At least I am voicing an opinion of what many consider is a problem, that certainly outweighs a do nothing opinion other than making useless statements like "learn to live with it", "foresee possible trouble",  "it's  the victims /parents fault" 

No need to respond as you have nothing constructive to add.

Once again, do not want to live with it, do something about it , besides useless and vile posts on thaivisa. 

Amd who exactly do you think you are to tell me to respond or not ?

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

You are certain it was the victims fault, without being there. Maybe it's the babies fault when they get mauled to death as well? NO it's the dogs fault, they are the attackers biters and killers, it's their nature. Dead dogs do not attack, dead dogs do not breed.

How about a medal and a cash bonus to the parents for good parenting and taking good care of the kids?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/28/2019 at 8:44 AM, webfact said:

Four dogs have been shot by tranquilizer darts and caged amid fears that they are rabid, reported Daily News.

The dogs have attack a child why not shot buy a bullet if the animal is 

not a domestic dog, it should be captured, destroyed and the brain sent for rabies testing.

If found to be a domestic dog imprison the owner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

All soi dogs, should be tested for Rabies immediately.

Problem sorted. :thumbsup:

no, if you are able to catch them for rabies testing, why not cure the problem permanently, one shot from a hypodermic sorts out all the problems.

3 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

hahaha - So you are blaming the kid? Brilliant. 

What dog-lovers completely fail to understand is that dogs are not human. They are territorial pack animals. And they behave as such. They are cowardly creatures too and will only attack obviously smaller and weaker beings - hence the prevalence of children attacked by dogs.  

It's people like you that are left shocked when a dog you own turns on you or your child. Yet this is basic pack behaviour for dogs.  Asserting dominance, rejecting a pack member. 

Dogs also have a 'prey drive' that is triggered by motion - hence runners and cyclists get attacked. It's more prevalent in wild dogs because it is possible to train a dog to not do it. It starts with barking and gradually works it's way up to a full attack. 

I'd call you a low-life for your accusations but you are simply misinformed. 

You are most welcome.

You don't know anything about dogs.

We used to walk around our neighborhood at sunset but stopped about 6 months ago due to an increase in aggressive dogs. 

Ans of course we can’t walk on the main streets because people drive like idiots and the sidewalk is hazard  with collapsing parts, broken concrete, and low hanging cables from the electrical poles above. And of course the occasional sign that forces you to walk into the road to get around it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beats56 said:

I told my wife when she told me the story that it is thais fault for not putting these strays down because of their culture.

We got few that roam up and down our soil and cause a nuisance with dogs that behind the gates of the owner.

Cripes I couldn't even kill a rat I caught in a live trap because of my wife.

Yet how is she OK with eating her chicken, pork, fish, etc, unless she is vegan she can not really moan about authorities humanely culling feral dogs.

23 hours ago, lks7689 said:

Not many will understand, but we humans are the one who are denying animals the space and resources to survive on their own. The only way this world is going is down like the dinosaurs because our fragile egos cannot accept any responsibility. Try being denied food, territorial freedom and subjected to constant abuse from another species and see how you behave? From the comments I have been reading here, I think the dogs are way more civilized than the real beasts that's spending their time posting here and savaging anyone or anything related to any issue in Thailand. I have spent enough time in Thailand to understand, you either accept it and respect it the way it is. Or you take your balls and get out of there. Those who are still staying probably doesn't have any. 

What utter clap trap.

Dogs are DOMESTICATED animals.  They are not part of nature.. or the natural ecosystem here.  They are basically vermin, and do a great deal f damage to native wildlife, other domestic livestock, and harm human beings with their diseases and actually attacking us.

Well cared for pet or working dogs are fantastic creatures, and have a lot of offer in terms of companionship and affection.  They are a delight to own.  Street / feral dogs have nothing to offer, are a danger so society and cost need to be removed.  You are not an animals lover if you are supporting street dogs sad, diseases, cruel, starving lives.  This is unacceptable and should not be allowed to happen to any animal.  

21 hours ago, BestB said:

Ok, I be the weird one.

So a 7 year old is allowed to play on the beach unsupervised being well aware of the dangers such as dogs and government should kill

the dogs ?

and if 7 year old drowned , should government empty out the ocean?

its truely amazing the amount of evil and vicious people Thai visa attracts .

what kind of parents allows a 7 year old on the beach alone in any place on earth , let alone in Thailand where there are wild dogs?

yes Thailand has a problem with wild dogs , yes dogs occasionally attack people , which is even more reason for parents to be extra cautious when letting kids play outside. 

Who says the child was unsupervised?  He was with friends, other children in a PUBLIC space near his home. Do you have children, or just a bunch of dogs?  

20 hours ago, evadgib said:

I cannot walk my own dog without driving into the hills because doing so from home would see both of us being attacked by the feral menace...& in this bizarre culture it will be MY fault!

My neighbours complained to me that I was annoying them when THEIR OWN dogs were barking at night when I took my Chihuahua dog for a walk at 10 pm on a lead before bed.  My street and the surrounding ones has  many dogs just wandering around and running about in packs.  Lots of puppies too.. all year round.  Dogs howling, fighting, chasing bikes and scaring people.  But I am the one who is considered the bad dog owner LOL.  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1