CW today - not accept monthly income by bank transfers

Hello,

want to share my experience today at CW immigration and ask if i have any other options ...

I am german nationality, over 50 years old, at the moment i stay on tourist visa extension 

So today i applied to convert my TV to a non immigrant o visa based on retirement,

I had the usually documents with me. I dont have the 800000 THB in a thai bank account, so i used the monthly income method

I had bank statements from the last 12 month with me, and also 12 bank advises where is it shown i get every month more then 65000 THB a month from oversea into my KK Bank account. I had also the bank letter with me. All documents are original and provided from my KK Bank branch.

Unfortunately the IO didn`t accept this. She said i must either have 800.000 THB in my thai bank account or i must show a proof of income from my german embassy that i am retired already and have a minimum monthly income of 65.000 THB. I told her politely that i read there is a new rule since beginning this year that it is also ok when i show proof of income from a bank outside thailand and transfered to a bank in thailand, because some embassy will not provide this proof of income anymore. But all i heared was can not, can not, can not. ..i still keep on asking, she asked a colleague, but the outcome was the same "can not". She made clear again, 800.000 THB or letter from embassy.

I have now only 15  days left on my TV extension, so i have to leave and apply for a new tourist visa outside TH again. I read also i can apply for a non immigrant o visa based on retirement outside thailand but i have to show a police clearing and a proof that i am retired already. Police clearing will be no problem, but it will take 4 weeks, so time is to short. 

Is there any embassy in laos, vietnam, indonesia, or a country nearby which not ask for a police clearance and proof of retirement when i apply for a non immigrant o visa based on retirement? I can show bank statements from banks outside thailand with sufficient funds.

Thank you....

• Sad 2

Yours is not the first report of a immigration refusing to accept the transfers into a Thai bank account from a person that could still obtain proof of income from their embassy.

The consulate in Savannakhet Laos and Penang Malaysia do not ask for the medical or police clearance to get a single entry non-o visa. They do ask for proof of retirement. I suggest you get a income letter from the German embassy to prove your income and for proof of retirement.

You could also do border hop to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and apply for for the visa at immigration again after getting the income letter your the embassy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

What you was leaning on was the process for the four lonesam countries that are NOT having embassies that are issuing income-letters.... They have special process. we have it much better....

You suggest the 12 transfers from overseas is only available to those of UK, USA, Aus and Danish applicants (and any more who subsequently decide to join in). I didn't see that and odd to have rules based on Nationality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

You suggest the 12 transfers from overseas is only available to those of UK, USA, Aus and Danish applicants (and any more who subsequently decide to join in). I didn't see that and odd to have rules based on Nationality.

maybe I am wrong than.... but I actually think the lady was thinking that way when handling that extension for that german man..

glegolo

• Like 2

Probably wrong, but I asked the question when I got my extension of stay. The guy told me it is ok to transfer in 65K/mo. as long as you have 800K in the bank by the next extension date. Crazy. So transfer in 65K/mo. and don't touch it basically.

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

15 days....you have plenty of time. You have already prepared backup proof of your monthly income. Go to German embassy and obtain "embassy letter" available to Germans. Off to CW next day. Done.

It’s not to change from a tourist visa to a non immigrant visa. You need to apply with at least 15 days left of the permit to stay. Times up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, consulb said:

Unfortunately the IO didn`t accept this. She said i must either have 800.000 THB in my thai bank account or i must show a proof of income from my german embassy that i am retired already and have a minimum monthly income of 65.000 THB.

Makes me wonder, though, what she might have told an American, Aussie, Brit or Dane in your position. That 800k in the bank was, in practice, now the strict order of the day for a non-O conversion at CW in the absence of an Embassy income confirmation??

Edited by OJAS

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

15 days....you have plenty of time. You have already prepared backup proof of your monthly income. Go to German embassy and obtain "embassy letter" available to Germans. Off to CW next day. Done.

The 15 days remaining on his entry or the extension of it is the latest immigration will accept a application for a non immigrant visa. Even if he got the letter today and went back tomorrow they would not accept the application.

The application must be submitted more than 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Makes me wonder, though, what she might have told an American, Aussie, Brit or Dane in your position. That 800k in the bank was, in practice, now the strict order of the day for a non-O conversion at CW in the absence of an Embassy income confirmation??

They would of accepted it for those that cannot get proof of income from their embassy anymore.

As I wrote in a earlier post this is not the first time that it has happened.

2 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Maybe it's 800k in the bank for first extension? After that, you can use whichever method you want.

No, incorrect on both counts. On first extension both bank and income method are accepted;

if income method and embassy provides income verification statement, it more and more looks like those countries have to use the embassy method, and can not choose for income verification via bank transfers.

Edited by stevenl

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, incorrect on both counts. On first extension both bank and income method are accepted;

if income method and embassy provides income verification statement, it more and more looks like those countries have to use the embassy method, and can not choose for income verification via bank transfers.

I stand corrected.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Just pay an agent to get your VISA and extension.

That's what immigration want.

It would be my guess that they want him to go to his embassy to get an affidavit.

He is German. The German embassy still issues affidavits. 

• Like 2

Yours is not the first report of a immigration refusing to accept the transfers into a Thai bank account from a person that could still obtain proof of income from their embassy.
The consulate in Savannakhet Laos and Penang Malaysia do not ask for the medical or police clearance to get a single entry non-o visa. They do ask for proof of retirement. I suggest you get a income letter from the German embassy to prove your income and for proof of retirement.
You could also do border hop to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and apply for for the visa at immigration again after getting the income letter your the embassy.

How does one prove that one is retired?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

At 50 what is proof of retirement? a photo of your old work desk with you not sitting there. Perhaps another photo of your regular Friday night drink with colleagues in a pub but you nowhere to be seen? Probably too early to start taking a pension which is part of the ops problem

as retired you receive a pension or equal named ….., some organization pay this to the retired /pensioner .

From mine I can get yearly a nice letter stating what I receive for the rest of my life.... and with a nice purple seal … a seal that is what all bureaucrat officials  adore ...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

as retired you receive a pension or equal named ….., some organization pay this to the retired /pensioner .
From mine I can get yearly a nice letter stating what I receive for the rest of my life.... and with a nice purple seal … a seal that is what all bureaucrat officials  adore ...[emoji39]

Only at certain ages, in the UK earliest is 55, exception is certain govt medical early retirements. That's my point, many people aren't old enough to receive a pension but have the income easy enough which could just be cash transfers
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 minutes ago, david555 said:
From mine I can get yearly a nice letter stating what I receive for the rest of my life.... and with a nice purple seal … a seal that is what all bureaucrat officials  adore ...emoji39.png

Only at certain ages, in the UK earliest is 55, exception is certain govt medical early retirements. That's my point, many people aren't old enough to receive a pension but have the income easy enough which could just be cash transfers

So they don't qualify.

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

many people aren't old enough to receive a pension but have the income easy enough which could just be cash transfers

So that is convenient for the people of 4 embassies;

the others will need an income letter from their embassies.

However at these embassies those L.o.I. are mostly only given when one can prove a state pension.

Edited by luckyluke