Video: Two on "big bike" injured at Pattaya U-turn blackspot

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Two on "big bike" injured at Pattaya U-turn blackspot

Big bike, small bike, pedal bike all the same if you don't look where you're going, the only difference is the speed that it happens.

The rider was an idiot on two wheels.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, mercman24 said:

i had a red plated MERC do a U turn right in front of me (6 point turn) on beach road Jomtien, dont know how the hell i missed him, it was the old *do you know who i am thingy* he could have gone down to the next soi and turned, but no this a hole decided he was going to u turn in a narrow section with cars both sides of the road,  Duh !!

Merc = Thai cop.  My farang mate got done for 400 baht for doing the same on Pattaya Tai; are 3/5/7 point turns illegal here?

On 12/18/2019 at 11:08 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Unfortunately too many motorcycle riders "think" cars have to stay in their lane and if they change the lane they should expect a motorcycle with high speed approaching.

Wrong!

Obviously car drivers should look in their mirrors and they should indicate early that they intend to change the lane. But nobody can really blame a car driver if he does not think that that little white point in his mirror could be a high speed bike.

Rear view mirrors are for squeezing zits and doing makeup/hair not for looking for other idiots on the road Duh! Indicators what are they?

He put himself in the position for it to happen and the chances it will happen!  Going why too fast and not looking ahead it is as if he intentionally drove into the car it wasn't if it appear all of a sudden. The proof the helmet cam position show his head was looking down instead of forward pretty much the way they are taught here.

Sadly, another guy on a big bike thinking he has to go fast to match the C.C. another with no more than 65 in I.Q. he is lucky not to be dead. I shouldn't feel this way but from the sound of his moaning I hope when he gets better he learn a valuable lesson?