Thailand reports ZERO new COVID-19 cases

webfact

My goodness - we are moving closer to the real danger zone. If they lift all the restrictions will the people be able to handle this freedom in a responsible way after such a long time? I am worried. Not all restrictions were bad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

This from Bangkok Post in terms of testing "This month 34,444 people had been tested and only 0.18% of them were positive for Covid-19, he said."

So the monthly testing figures if as above 34k represent a test ratio of O.05 % of 70 million population.

They are congratulating themselves on a zero but having tested only a tiny fraction of 1 percent of the people.

It is truly representative of Thailands normal farcical charade! but not an indication of the true Covid 19 situation in the kingdom........

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oldie said:

My goodness - we are moving closer to the real danger zone. If they lift all the restrictions will the people be able to handle this freedom in a responsible way after such a long time? I am worried. Not all restrictions were bad.

"Not all restrictions were bad"

You can guarantee that every restriction had at least some negative impact on some Thais livelihood, and probably left many, many jobless, and unable to put food on the tale for their family !

Might not have been bad for someone with an "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

that is it then. :clap2:

i'm hitting the road.  :cheesy:

You have n't left yet?

As i've mentioned in several threads my experience is that people are travelling between provinces wherever they want with the exception of Phuket ( and maybe Uttradit ).

17 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

"Not all restrictions were bad"

You can guarantee that every restriction had at least some negative impact on some Thais livelihood, and probably left many, many jobless, and unable to put food on the tale for their family !

Might not have been bad for someone with an "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

You are right. If I think for instance of all the many ladyboys on the beach road here in Pattaya that tried to hug me. They might suffer a lot at the moment. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sapson said:

So the monthly testing figures if as above 34k represent a test ratio of O.05 % of 70 million population.

They are congratulating themselves on a zero but having tested only a tiny fraction of 1 percent of the people.

It is truly representative of Thailands normal farcical charade! but not an indication of the true Covid 19 situation in the kingdom........

For sure, I would want much more, but I will still be cautiously optimistic about this result.

Taiwan did so many things much better than Thailand, especially contact tracing and travel restrictions, etc, but their testing rate is quite incredibly low, only 68,107 and 2,860/mill, much less than Thailand's, so it is possible that the results here are not bad even with the low amount of tests.

We will see soon enough how much of a farce it is as things reopen.

1 minute ago, Forresttrump said:

What happened to the 80,000+ PUI’s?

My understanding with the PUIs is that they were people who were tested out negative, but were in contact trees so they are still being watched to see if they develop symptoms or test out for virus at a later date as the test is not 100%

52 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Certainly they should test more. I'm sure someone can find a stat on how many were tested yesterday. Can you @DrTuner?Even with lower tests this has to be perceived as encouraging news.

No, I can't, and neither can anyone else outside MoPH's inner circle ever since they deleted (also from the old reports) the number of PUI waiting to be tested from their reports.

The last report on testing capacity I saw was 2k/day, limited by "resources". It might be a little bit more now. One of the confirmations in these headlines requires 2-3 tests per person.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

If you don't test people, you don't get the correct information !

Thailand has tested PLENTY of people, more than 200,000. Look at the Corona virus meter website. If you want to be suspicious of any governments ask yourself why Laos and Cambodia have only managed a paltry 19 and 122 cases, with no new cases in several weeks, respectively. It's because the former has only performed 3500 tests and the latter about 14000. If they tested 10 times more, dozens of new cases would surely appear.

As far as I'm concerned, Thailand and Vietnam have done all they have been asked to do during this crisis. Meanwhile, Laos and Cambodia kind of don't want to take part. And I'm not the only one thinking this. Channel One 31's news host questioned why Laos (back in late March I think it was) had recorded zero cases. He later had to make an apology to the Lao embassy. Of course this was just a face saving exercise but the truth is, there are many discrepancies with this whole virus situation, especially odd is what's happening in neighboring countries.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Comparing totals

Thailand  286,008 tests,  3,017 (1.05%)  confirmed cases,  56 (0.02%) deaths
UK        2,007,146 tests, 226,463 (11.28%) confirmed cases, 32,692 (1.63%) deaths
Japan     223,649 tests,  15,968 (7.14%)  confirmed cases,    657 (0.29%) deaths

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

No. They are the total numbers.

We dont kno how many were tested between the last report and this one.

Why are they not stating that number.

At the very least it means that yesterday nobody turned up at a hospital with covid symptoms and tested positive.

i have no idea why Thailand has done so well in the covid fight, but the number of deaths, even if only half the true number, are spectacularly better than other countries.

• Sad 1