Pattaya: Tourists - if there are any - won't be infected here, says city hall

webfact

"They would not get infected on the city's beaches because of the brilliant regulations put in place to safeguard their safety. "

YOU can't f***ing SAY THAT! I sincerely believe Thailand is safe for now. I've going to riding my pushbike without wearing a mask. The INSTANT the borders are opened back up, I resume wearing the mask.

1 minute ago, Kerryd said:

More like "to protect the Thais from the foreigners".

Remember "Lock down - Part 2" ? When they were going to put the barricades part way down South, Central and North Pattaya roads and block some others because Pattaya was the "yolk in the egg of infections" due to there being (approx) 2,600 foreign tourists staying at (approx) 160 hotels in that inner core area.

Lock down Part 2 was supposed to be about preventing those dirty farangs from escaping and spreading the virus around the rest of the country. Except that it did absolutely nothing to prevent any of those foreigners from leaving the area any time they wanted to !!
(And of course it turned out to be all BS anyways as many suspected it would.)

And remember, even back when almost all infections in Thailand were related to China, the Health Minister was calling the Chinese "clean" and "Westerners" were "dirty farangs" who don't shower.

Yeah, I don't think the authorities will be too concerned about protecting foreigners.

I was being sarcastic.

That is the explanation they gave regarding Wat Pho (I think it was)

It's being reported that international flights may not be able to even resume on 1st July.

Travel bubbles need to be in place and business people need to be in a financial position to afford health care and quarantine.

They have approved a big domestic travel package.

I'm afraid to say that farang, expat businesses in Pattaya are going to be hung out to dry.

They are wallowing in the low official figures and are going to keep it that way.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So you think a businessman will be happy to take 14+ days for every trip?

No, i don't. Zoom has put an end to short trips.

No one will come with any restrictions.

Looks like that's what the Thai government want.

UK arts/entertainment industry is saying that 400,000 jobs could be at risk.

How many people's livelihoods at risk in Pattaya?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya: Tourists - if there are any - won't be infected here, says city hall

In a brilliant masterstroke of travel genius…City Hall has further announced that all tourists (with the exception of trusted elder brothers and sisters from China) will be quarantined for the duration of their stay in completely safe and confidence-inspiring 25,000 Baht per day hotel rooms. This innovative idea is guaranteed to lure tourists by the millions.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Errrr! How do they know this when there aren't in fact any tourists to question regarding their confidence levels? Lots of officials in the photo, but no one else in sight.

Compose a piece of fiction, gather upper-crust puuyai for a photo-shot, exclaim their "brilliance" to the world. 

"No dirty Covid-19 carrying farang on beaches anymore so all tourist can feel safe on Pattaya's beach.  We kill tourism to promote tourism.  We brilliant, mai?"

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Lots of officials in the photo, but no one else in sight.

A ludicrous photo which sends the exact opposite message to what was intended.  No infection for tourists but you might end up in hospital grievously injured after being hit by a drunk Thai driver.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I didn't see anyone with a flame-thrower in the photos?

'brilliant regulations' I'm glad it's been written objectively.

there are BRILLIANT regulations regarding DRIVING yet many many deaths are recorded every MONTH/YEAR !!!!

I hate to say this because i really am sorry for all those who lost their jobs and had to close their businesses and wish they didnt have to .

but i love Pattaya the way it is without the crowds ,lots of parking ,no hordes of Chinese blocking the streets ,and no traffic jams . mind you i have noticed that many prices of goods have gone up in the supermarkets.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I hate to say this because i really am sorry for all those who lost their jobs and had to close their businesses and wish they didnt have to .

but i love Pattaya the way it is without the crowds ,lots of parking ,no hordes of Chinese blocking the streets ,and no traffic jams . mind you i have noticed that many prices of goods have gone up in the supermarkets.

At last someone who speaks sense.

For Pattaya Expats its not win win. Some will enjoy the peace and calm but it will start to come with a price as the months pass.

Bars closing, prices increasing to try and make up for lower footfall and more people heading home permanently to farang land.

3 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

Bars closing, prices increasing to try and make up for lower footfall and more people heading home permanently to farang land.

Bars aren't even open! I wonder how many would really be driven to leave. I can see those with businesses having to, particularly restaurants and bars.... and perhaps the Expat lifestyle will have to change, but I presently don't feel I want to go back to glum and dreary PC UK. If the locals develop more anti-Western attitude, and crime rises a lot, maybe.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Bars aren't even open! I wonder how many would really be driven to leave. I can see those with businesses having to, particularly restaurants and bars.... and perhaps the Expat lifestyle will have to change, but I presently don't feel I want to go back to glum and dreary PC UK. If the locals develop more anti-Western attitude, and crime rises a lot, maybe.

Fair enough.

I was speaking to a friend of mine yesterday who has been coming to Thailand for at least 40 years. Splits the year between the UK and Thailand.

When he first came the Germans and Brits were the main nationalities. Then came the Russians and now Chinese and Indians.

He said that many guys left when sterling started falling lower a few years.

Personally i agree, would be happy in Thailand with a very simple life but we haven't got a choice at the minute.

• Like 1