Bangla nightlife president blasts bar reopening rules

snoop1130

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I'm pretty sure that the people of my era were very pleased they had no right to choose what went into their bodies, because the vaccination that was given them, ensured that they didn't get polio, smallpox, whooping cough and TB and perhaps even a few other things, thereby saving lives.

The other alternative is to stop people that haven't been vaccinated from entering venues, or taking part in other entertainment, so they do have a choice.

Personally I'd rather have the virus than the vaccine...

Your post really surprised me because most of your posts I have read have been top notch.....

Leaving out the whole vaccines debate.....

All the monkey businesses going on with this Corona insanity....And putting 100s of millions out of work for a virus with a 99% survival rate.....And the powers that be desperation to vaccinate everyone should give ANYBODY paus to seriously question the motive behind this and what might be in that vaccine..

I don't expect the heard following masses to understand how important respecting freedom of choice is ,but your post was a bit of a shock.....   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Same here, especially with a vaccine rushed to the market without proper testing, which is impossible to do in a few months. 

Having said that, the most likely outcome is that there won't be a vaccine, and that the virus will simply wither away like all the previous coronaviruses. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Your post really surprised me because most of your posts I have read have been top notch.....

Leaving out the whole vaccines debate.....

All the monkey businesses going on with this Corona insanity....And putting 100s of millions out of work for a virus with a 99% survival rate.....And the powers that be desperation to vaccinate everyone should give ANYBODY paus to seriously question the motive behind this and what might be in that vaccine..

I don't expect the heard following masses to understand how important respecting freedom of choice is ,but your post was a bit of a shock.....   

Well hopefully my posts are still "top-notch" and just because I don't agree with you and vice versa, doesn't affect the quality of my posts.

You do have a point with regards to the virus and I'm not sure that there will be a vaccine available anyway, however, in my era I had friends who had polio and the resulting disabilities were heart-breaking, and of course were with them for life, and seeing that and living with it, and also pushing my friend around in a wheelchair, enabled me to see the upside of having a vaccination.

And anyway, as I said there is still a freedom of choice, have the vaccine or don't have the vaccine, but if you don't have the vaccine, then be prepared to be limited to the places into which you can go and potentially spread the virus.

Unfortunately, your post mentioned, "And the powers that be desperation to vaccinate everyone should give ANYBODY paus to seriously question the motive behind this and what might be in that vaccine", and for me that smacks of the "anti-vax/tinfoil hat/conspiracy theory" brigade, and so I don't really mind if you do feel a little shocked with my post!!

Just to put the record straight, I did mention elsewhere that I thought the whole world was going overboard with this Covid-19 scare, and one poster asked me how I would feel if it was someone near and dear to me who had died from it, and that put a slightly different perspective on it for me.

PS. Irrespective of all I have written above, I wasn't aware that a vaccine would be mandatory??

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well hopefully my posts are still "top-notch" and just because I don't agree with you and vice versa, doesn't affect the quality of my posts.

You do have a point with regards to the virus and I'm not sure that there will be a vaccine available anyway, however, in my era I had friends who had polio and the resulting disabilities were heart-breaking, and of course were with them for life, and seeing that and living with it, and also pushing my friend around in a wheelchair, enabled me to see the upside of having a vaccination.

And anyway, as I said there is still a freedom of choice, have the vaccine or don't have the vaccine, but if you don't have the vaccine, then be prepared to be limited to the places into which you can go and potentially spread the virus.

Unfortunately, your post mentioned, "And the powers that be desperation to vaccinate everyone should give ANYBODY paus to seriously question the motive behind this and what might be in that vaccine", and for me that smacks of the "anti-vax/tinfoil hat/conspiracy theory" brigade, and so I don't really mind if you do feel a little shocked with my post!!

Just to put the record straight, I did mention elsewhere that I thought the whole world was going overboard with this Covid-19 scare, and one poster asked me how I would feel if it was someone near and dear to me who had died from it, and that put a slightly different perspective on it for me.

PS. Irrespective of all I have written above, I wasn't aware that a vaccine would be mandatory??

Thanks for your reply....Another top notch post...

Mandatory can mean a lot of things....

But if enough freedoms are denied someone like flying or grocery shopping then I would consider that almost forced...

Its almost funny because then the authorities can then take the moral high ground and say.....Look we did not kick in your door and hold you down and vaccinate you...

You took the vaccine voluntarily.....Now your free to fly and go grocery shopping......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beechbum said:

Maybe those up the chain don't want them anymore...

My thoughts too...I think the govt is reshaping tourism here in only ways they now want and getting rid of the things that built this place...what will these babes from Issan do now

On 6/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

“Entertainment venue operators also must follow the guidelines [expected to be approved by the CCSA] and must set up Thai Chana QR code at the entrance to their businesses so guests can register their attendance there."

Thought as much QR code.

When I go to the mall I see even the Thai's do not use the Thai Chana QA code..Go for them. As for the bars,,what the rules for crowed Boxing events ? Ah no gambling 5555.

19 hours ago, robblok said:

You mean between tinfoilhat people and those that believe in science. Maybe they should ban people who don't vaccinate from traveling. Wonder how long their resolve then stays. 

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of people and how many tinfoil hat peole there are on this forum. But then again Thailand if full of oddballs 

What like the 400,000 children in India that took Bill Gates's vaccine and ended up dead or disabled.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Henryford said:

What like the 400,000 children in India that took Bill Gates's vaccine and ended up dead or disabled.

Fact Check: Bill Gates's Foundation Did Not Paralyse Children While Testing Polio Vaccine in India

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/no-bill-gates-foundation-did-not-paralyse-496000-children-in-india-while-testing-polio-vaccine-2590715.html

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Maybe you should take your fintoil hat off and read reputed news sources. 

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/no-bill-gates-foundation-did-not-paralyse-496000-children-in-india-while-testing-polio-vaccine-2590715.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Fact Check: Bill Gates's Foundation Did Not Paralyse Children While Testing Polio Vaccine in India

You were just a bit faster then I was. It truly is amazing the utter stupidity on this forum of some members. I do wonder about education levels and such. I hope that when there is a vaccine they ban anyone who does not have this vaccine from entering.

I bet a lot of the (s)expats then suddenly forget about their convictions against vaccination. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 7:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

will reopen regardless whether or not they can implement all the rules (*see below), PEBA President Weerawit Kreuasombat told The Phuket News today.

Personally, I think he is rather silly stating this - it will now make the local authorities even more alert to those breaking the rules. 

• Like 1