Hua Hin: DSI investigate Brit using Thai nominee in alleged 240 million baht property crime

webfact

2 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Bit of a stupid comment! All crooks are as bad as each other Brit, Thai, American what ever nationality!

See post #18

I wish you were right. Because i certainly believe so. But most on this forum do not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

A foreigner is the last person I would do business with in this country as demonstrated time and time again. Why do these shysters believe that they can go to another country and violate its laws unimpeded? I guess ignorant greed is the motivator..

We had a a.hole in Kan who a few years ago now developed an estate, he had his own 'title' of a bl..dy Lord <deleted>!!!. He had the Thais believe it too. He lied over the number of title papers he had. One of my friends lost his house he paid for!! Went to beat the living daylights out of the c.nt. and has ended up with a restriction order on him cannot go near him!!!???????????????????????????????? (The 'Lord' will never be coming back here)

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I think I know what his intentions were, with 5 projects and not delivering

on any of them......

regards Worgeordie

I may also be incompetence instead of malice.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

A foreigner is the last person I would do business with in this country as demonstrated time and time again. Why do these shysters believe that they can go to another country and violate its laws unimpeded? I guess ignorant greed is the motivator..

Locals & foreigners are both good and bad... a broad brush stroke doesn't cut it.. you can name both.

the fact he used nominees to get around Thai land ownership rules is nothing new, that's normal.

But not finishing, building or cheating prospective buyers is a no-no, doesn't matter the nationality !

• Like 1

This crook has been known for a long time, cheating and scamming homebuyers for years. One has to wonder why it took so long to finally get him. But normally this guys are well connected. Wait until you see what happens at the court ...  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems Brit crooks are as bad as Thai crooks. I am sure I wont get many likes for this one.

I wish t here were some tough laws for this to protect buyers. I don't mean it has to applied to foreigners only but to everyone giving better protection to buyers.

But I think it would be hard as the people doing such things are usually rich or have al ot of cash from cheating their clients enough to bribe a lot of people. 

Bit of a racist comment that. A crook is a crook no matter what nationality 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems Brit crooks are as bad as Thai crooks. I am sure I wont get many likes for this one.

I wish t here were some tough laws for this to protect buyers. I don't mean it has to applied to foreigners only but to everyone giving better protection to buyers.

But I think it would be hard as the people doing such things are usually rich or have al ot of cash from cheating their clients enough to bribe a lot of people. 

Greed and corruption are cousins here and abroad. They depend in each other to facilitate crime.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I would like to know what went wrong and why the development of peoples houses did not follow to the end. As him having nominees I see no real big deal in that.

I'd suggest driving to Hua Hin to speak to the DSI then. I don't think anyone here will have the answer. 

Be great to know the results. 

7 hours ago, robblok said:

To be honest i love to be doing business with a foreigner. I mean like a foreign handyman or something. I find it hard to find Thais to do a really good job. Its not a price thing but just hard to find qualified persons. I am not saying that Thais are not good as they certainly are given that some houses and other buildings look great and are built great. Its just hard to find those kind of people as they have work enough and probably don't have to advertise. 

iv been lucky. ,build.  house. ,Master thai builder. ,lot  wood. ,saw mill made on site. ,outstanding wood work ,tiler team. , husband. wife , very good ,better than europe. , fraction of the cost. ,electrics. ,nice finished.  ,job ,,          gone done on roof tiles fro  chang Mia. ,order terracotta   ,thats not what turned up. ,now replaced. with ceramics   ,fine. ,last longer than me. ,

• Like 1

Is this the same Brit real estate developer developer who made a big deal out of rescuing a 86 yo Brit pensioner who locked up and was living on rice and water in Samit Sakorn, a few months ago? He was held as a hero by some (not me). He did it via a GoFundMe scheme. Looks similar. 

• Sad 1

It’s interesting to note they are not investigating the fraud and why people paid but did not receive what they paid for , but investigating the legality of the company set up. 

so if found guilty , he gets fined, nominee gets fined and customers get what?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

You might, I stress might, have got a like if you had said foreign crooks are as bad.

Unfortunately "something" got the better of you.

Never mind, you got a bunch of likes anyway.......and Buddha loves you.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

The fact that a property company has not delivered is nothing new. There are many reasons why this can happen, but it normally boils down to cash flow. Thailand is littered with half finished developments.

The difference here is that it is a non Thai citizen who is involved with not delivering to Thai citizens.

In this case the odds are stacked against the gentleman in question. No matter how good his intentions, he will always have to deal with issues such as using nominees and tax evasion because these are the usual and expected allegations that surface in cases like these, whether they are true or not.

In general, property developers do not set out to deceive. If they can make good income delivering projects then it's much easier to deliver the projects.

Time will tell with this. It's going to be an ongoing story as it probably won't get settled quickly.

This was in the post this morning, he didn't register the new buildings with the local government, the new owner could not get water hooked up nor electrical as he had not paid tax nor registered

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Many foreigners are using nominees for the property ownership and transactions but but it's a long way between that and swindling abd cheating buyers, as far as this guy concern he's done and his goose is cooked in this country...

What is the process of using a Thai nominee, is it basically you your "trusted" Thai wife/friend/business partner buys the property using your cash in their own name?

Or is it a 51%/49% thing?

Or is it more complicated/secure for the falang than that?

Not here long just wondering how falangs attempt to go about buying land here.

Just goes to show you, you can't trust a Brit Expat!!! Or a Norwegian, or Australian, or American, or German...there are some notable scheme and ponzi schemes in Pattaya...especially by Norwegians. If you have lived there you know of whom I speak.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, BestB said:

so if found guilty , he gets fined, nominee gets fined and customers get what?

Shafted... That is one of the problems here. The Police / DSI will do nothing for you. Use your own lawyer to sue the guy .... lots o luck.

Never invest in property they have not yet built! And no, you cannot even trust your own lawyer to check all the property papers are in order. (Amazing Trusted Thailand)

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Enoon said:

You might, I stress might, have got a like if you had said foreign crooks are as bad.

Unfortunately "something" got the better of you.

Never mind, you got a bunch of likes anyway.......and Buddha loves you.

I wish people convicted Thai-bashing post as much as i got anti remarks here. I guess you did not read post 18

26 minutes ago, Patts said:

robblok, 

You make me laugh, you being the first person to take every opportunity you can to bash the UK, Brits and on rare occasions the US especially in their handling on the CCP virus. 

I agree the country of origin should be mentioned but lets face it, there's a lot of bad foreigners living in Thailand, be they from the UK, Russia, Australia or China, there was a story a couple of days ago about 224 Chinese nationals running illegal gambling in the Myanmar town Myawaddy, and just yesterday about 4 Chinese running a loan shark business worth 100m baht. 

I wish Thailand didn't accept bribes and gave every foreign criminal long jail terms and permanent bans from entering Thailand. 

I just try to balance it out a bit. Wish i could do more I use Brits as an example as most posters are Brits or from the US. The average topic on Thais get so many bad remarks. I just point it out when its an other nationality and then people react like stung by a bee. But they never seem to comment on the constant Thaibashing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems Brit crooks are as bad as Thai crooks.

Sure, the Brits make bland food, all that oily fried fish and chips.. and the Thai, too much sugar and oil and msg in everything... 

OHHH not cooks - never mind. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

If it's the same guy I'm thinking it is he was exposed a long time ago on Drummonds site. He did finish 1 or 2 developments but as you say left many more unfinished including taking a friend of mine, amongst many others, for close to 5 million Baht. The person I'm thinking of has 'history' going back at least 15 years, how he's survived so long is anyones guess.

The said same guy (AM) has tens of lawsuits against him going back years

If it is him it's interesting that the DSI are now involved

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Sure, the Brits make bland food, all that oily fried fish and chips.. and the Thai, too much sugar and oil and msg in everything... 

OHHH not cooks - never mind. 

Dutch make bland food too ???? 

I think Dutch and Brit cuisine are equally terrible. 

• Haha 1

The problem is that they make new homes and sell them brfore they are Finish.  they will show it and sell it to everyone and ask for a deposit to hold it. Before the house is ready the slick people leave town.  happens all the time.  Thais and foreigners are on the scam.  

• Sad 1