Biden narrowly beats Trump for presidency of a polarized United States

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m looking forward to hearing Biden’s cabinet picks and who gets the job of USAG.

My guess, and dream pick, Preet Bharara.

Nope.  Job always goes to a politician, not a line attorney.  Adam Schiff.  But the title will be Acting Attorney General, because McConnell will not confirm any of Biden's Cabinet appointments.

Edited by cmarshall

Just now, cmarshall said:

I don't expect Trump to attend Biden's inauguration, but if he does the Biden people should be prepared to use physical force to keep him away from the microphone.

I say let him talk...that might be the final straw when he accuses the Chief Justice of stealing the election as he swears in Biden. The more he talks...the better for all to see how utterly insane he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

I say let him talk...that might be the final straw when he accuses the Chief Justice of stealing the election as he swears in Biden. The more he talks...the better for all to see how utterly insane he is.

For sure, that will never happen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Congratulations to Joe and Kamala.

Time to get to work.

The dark clouds have been lifted and we can again see the City on the Hill.

trump inaugural address...Jan. 20, 2017

"Every four years, we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transfer of power, and we are grateful to President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama for their gracious aid throughout this transition. They have been magnificent."

If those were Trump's  words  verbatim then he cursed himself !  A transfer of power every  4 years ?  lol

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

pence (or biden) cannot pardon state crimes.  federal convictions only.

Exactly my point, which is why a pardon from Pence would allow the national Dem leadership to outsource the prosecution of Trump to Atty Gen Leticia James of NY is clear political conscience.  NB. conviction is not a requirement for a pardon.

Edited by cmarshall
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

Exactly my point, which is why a pardon from Pence would allow the national Dem leadership to outsource the prosecution of Trump to Atty Gen Leticia James of NY is clear political conscience.  NB. conviction is not a requirement for a pardon.

thanks for the correction.

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

Constitution (Article 2, Section 2, Clause 1)

• Like 1