ASQ Restrictions

8 minutes ago, Scofield said:

I can’t order food apart from the set Covid menu for even if I pay extra? Makes no sense.

Read a few reports that some hotels are using external catering in which case it would make sense i.e. too much hassle catering for every individual. On the other hand, numerous ASQ hotels include discounts on food from their standard/a la carte menus.

11 minutes ago, Scofield said:

After day 7 they allow you to either go to the gym or sit outside but not both and you must make your choice 7 days in advance. What on Earth is going on?

Is that from then on or per session?

Completely out of the blue the bloke who lives next door to me turned up in Thailand yesterday, he's been in quarantine for the last 2 weeks.

Apparently he wasn't allowed out of the room at all for the entire 2 weeks and he said the food is enough to keep you alive but that's about it.

I guess you get what you pay for.....he went for one of the cheaper options on Sukhumvit, less than 40k Baht apparently.

• Like 1

Look around as different hotels offer different choices. Below gives an idea on what another hotel offers.

• 15 %  Discount Food and Beverage , on additional Ala Carte room service menu items

• 25 % Discount laundry service.

• After 1 st. testing on 05 th. date , after passing COVID-19  testing, day 07 onwards the guest will be permitted to enjoy relaxing area on rooftop floor  (inside of hotel area )

• After 2 nd. testing on 12 th. date after passing COVID-19  testing ,  day 13 onwards the guest will be permitted to enjoy fitness center facilities ( can't swim in the pool )

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scofield said:

I’ve not made the call hence my observations. There is no logic to what they are proposing.

I think the guidelines are there for a reason. Food is included in the ASQ. Some hotels offer minimal shopping service at a local 7-11 or convenience store and also other minimal in house room service . The hotels are not set up to screen and filter requests for the variety of people in quarantine and the variety of items or places people would like to shop at. The quarantine is there for a reason..... to protect you, the other people in quarantine and the staff. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 5:19 PM, Scofield said:

Having some bizarre conversations with the hotel I’m looking at. I can’t order food apart from the set Covid menu for even if I pay extra? Makes no sense.

After day 7 they allow you to either go to the gym or sit outside but not both and you must make your choice 7 days in advance. What on Earth is going on???

Count yourself lucky that they let you leave the room.

When you go into quarantine in Australia you stay in the room for 14 days and cannot even open the windows.

• Like 1

I don't understand why they don't allow people to order the food they like, as long as they're prepared to pay obviously. That's just unnecessarily cruel.

I don't like the alcohol restrictions either, but unlike with food,  at least I can see some justification for that, as some prisoners would get unruly under the influence.

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2020 at 5:19 PM, Scofield said:

Having some bizarre conversations with the hotel I’m looking at. I can’t order food apart from the set Covid menu for even if I pay extra? Makes no sense.

After day 7 they allow you to either go to the gym or sit outside but not both and you must make your choice 7 days in advance. What on Earth is going on???

You may want to try another ASQ.

we were allowed to walk and sit outside depending on the result of first covid test. and we could make the request previous day. in fact, we did it only on the days of house keeping as it was more stressful to be let out of your room, but imprisoned in an area by the pool.

extenal food- they allowed deliveries from 7-11 and TOPS etc. 

no wet food, we were told

Australia is 66,000 Bht minimum. No alcohol, no outside food & in many no leaving the room for 15 days

I do not see with minimal activity why big meals are a necessity anyway (Would like a glass of wine, but understand)

Their brief is to keep contact to a minimum which is their priority.

The choices in Thailand are many & varied & as long as have internet, coffee available along with 3 meals a day

& a good shower I am fine

• Confused 1

• Advanced Members
  • 2,309 posts

I don't understand why they don't allow people to order the food they like, as long as they're prepared to pay obviously. That's just unnecessarily cruel.

That would limit you to a diet of pizzas, flapjacks and omelets. They're  the only foods they can slide under the door.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think you're a bit confused. Normally you're allowed into a relaxation areas for up to an hour a day after first negative test and then allowed to use the gym after second negative test (day 11, 12 or 13). Regarding food, you'll use very few calories stuck in your room and so will hardly feel hungry. And finally, make sure you get a room with a large balcony which you're allowed to use otherwise you're in for a very difficult 15 nights/16 days.

45 minutes ago, Andy185 said:

Quarantine is not really that bad , I have done it 5 times now , 14 days each time for my job offshore so this quarantine in Bangkok is going to be my sixth time locked up again like a prisoner but not getting paid for it this time and on new years eve of all times , dry your eyes and get on with it , you will soon be free!!!!

Happy New Year...sounds more exciting than my plans at home

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

I don't understand why they don't allow people to order the food they like, as long as they're prepared to pay obviously. That's just unnecessarily cruel.

I don't like the alcohol restrictions either, but unlike with food,  at least I can see some justification for that, as some prisoners would get unruly under the influence.

The guidelines are there to be able to handle the situation of quarantining people coming in a way to be able to control all the aspects for protection for the facility the staff the guests and the vendors and not spread the virus. How would you suggest they effectively protect everyone if you let numerous guest ordering for any number of outside restuarants or shops and having those extra people, staff, vendors coming and going at will just to satisfy a whim of the moment for some different type of food. Most hotels offer additional room service and minimal shopping at local stores in a controlled manner.  It's not really hard to understand this concept if you actually stop and think about it.  I'm not sure how it comes anywhere close to unnecessarily cruel.    

Edited by Dan O
spell correct
  • Like 2