7-11 staff

bodga

By me theyve  cranked up their covid [deleted], its a pity the staff at 7-11  dont  practice what they preach,  over half  have their masks  under their noses, saw  new signs  outside yesterday about covid with the hand sanitiser promoted to outside the front door  now, walk in and the staff have their masks  under their noses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bodga said:

By me theyve  cranked up their covid [deleted], its a pity the staff at 7-11  dont  practice what they preach,  over half  have their masks  under their noses, saw  new signs  outside yesterday about covid with the hand sanitiser promoted to outside the front door  now, walk in and the staff have their masks  under their noses.

I don't know where you stay. Come to Pattaya and look at the many open air bars. Neither staff nor customers seem to care about Covid. But I have to admit following any precautions at this kind of business is almost impossible. So we have a strange situation. Some care like shopping malls and many don't care. In the end a very questionable Covid concept. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bodga said:

In my local 7-11 yesterday, they have a thermometer thingy, right next to the checkout till, so you have to go there first, and you hold your hands up to it, not your face. The girls were wearing masks of some kind.

31 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Let's pick on the high school students who work at 7-11..

Yes, walk around any bar area or mall, market any place really and my observation it is mostly Falang with their big fat noses hanging over the top of the mask.  

Or the situation unfolding right now in farang countries. 

Two or three pretty girls always welcome me when I arrive at 7/11 “Chern kaa”

Nice 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bodga said:

Does it really matter what and how those staff wears the mask properly or not when you have thousands of potentially infected people pouring in from Thailand borders with no one even as much checking them with this silly temperature gun...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Let's pick on the high school students who work at 7-11..

Yes, walk around any bar area or mall, market any place really and my observation it is mostly Falang with their big fat noses hanging over the top of the mask.  

The  difference you fail to  notice is that 7-11  require ME to wear a mask and I  guess that means covering my nose and mouth, far more  Thais not wearing masks in Thailand correctly, in the numbers  game , what is  it 70  million Thais against a few  hundred thousand farangs.........unlike most of 7-11 staff.....

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Does it really matter what and how those staff wears the mask properly or not when you have thousands of potentially infected people pouring in from Thailand borders with no one even as much checking them with this silly temperature gun...

The issue  is I MUST wear it correctly to ENTER their stores, so the staff should also comply.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bodga said:

The issue  is I MUST wear it correctly to ENTER their stores, so the staff should also comply.

Where do you live? All the stores here where we live basically comply with the rules, even though the virus is virtually non existent. Unlike in the UK  where very, very few even wear a mask (correctly or otherwise) and temperature testing is non exististent. Even though the system isn't perfect, I know where I feel safer........and it's definitely not the UK.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The bar girl said we could do it as long as we both wore surgical masks and persepex visors. Suits me.

They normally charge extra when I suggest that..........................:coffee1:

There are positions where masks are not necessary, you know. I can't say more on a family forum, and photographs will not be supplied.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, Peterw42 said:

It must be where the OP lives, the 7/11s I go to are very strict and consistent on mask use.

Im waiting for 7-11 brand vaccines as they seem to do everything else there..one stop shop

Promotion buy 5 mama cups-get half off vaccine......limited doses*

28 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think it will be a case of collecting so many stamps, then get a free vaccine.

Good point....and here I am with a damn doraemon lawn chair and wishing I had waited..damn u doraemon!  The chair was a gift for your avatar btw....

Edited by ChakaKhan
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im waiting for 7-11 brand vaccines as they seem to do everything else there..one stop shop

Promotion buy 5 mama cups-get half off vaccine......limited doses*

Yeah...but like SIM cards...you'll need your passport

2 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

works for me...I had my passport photo photoshopped in LOS so I look super hansum for a 7-11 "covid nurse"

I wonder if the vaccine has alcohol in it...they'll have to stop selling it from 2 - 5 PM every day

On 12/27/2020 at 7:39 AM, ezzra said:

And many of the Illegal Immigrants will be regular Border Hoppers doing their thing in the way of Business

They are obliged to do this in order to pay the Dash to whoever, because they still need to be fed.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:23 PM, Natai Beach said:

I think the giant farang nose is a huge reason why many of us don't like wearing masks. It's often tight and uncomfortable for me, and there are many farang with twice the nozzle I got. 

Maybe they could make a specialized farang mask. Other than that, I really don't know what should be done with us. 

Going back to the original topic: most 7-11s nearby (ratchada/latphrao) seem to be quite strict on refusing people without mask, staff correctly wear their own mask (with nose also covered) and let customers scan their temperature via a hand scanner.  There is a foot-operated gel dispenser outside and further bottles with gel/sanitizer inside. 

However, most 7-11s have some place to sit inside at a small bench. So now and then (unrelated) customers come in with their mask etc, buy something and then sit down take the mask off and start eating/drinking. 

In the side streets many vendors (food/fruit/etc) do not wear a mask. Many of the people walking around do, but obviously will take it off when eating/drinking, often rubbing shoulders with others, especially in the many small set-ups with a few chairs/tables. There is not much that can be done about this except to force people to mask up continuously when moving outside or within a building or public transport (in large shopping centers and bus/MRT/BTS mask wearing seems largely adhered to).