What do you Love about Thailand?

WineOh

5 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Does she have a cute sister?  ????

Oddly enough, her siblings are all as ugly as a hatful of bums. Nice people, though.

OTOH, her daughter is stunning. I have to restrain impure thoughts of "The Graduate" in reverse when she's visiting.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Oddly enough, her siblings are all as ugly as a hatful of bums. Nice people, though.

OTOH, her daughter is stunning. I have to restrain impure thoughts of "The Graduate" in reverse when she's visiting.

Need a babysitter or hansum english tutor?   My rates are reasonable.....but will go up in 2021   ????   book now!

4 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Avert your eyes to the blonde in the blue bikini......could be a illusion known as beer googles...before and after

Are you kidding? The porker takes up most of the photo, you know what they say about watching train wrecks.

1 minute ago, ChakaKhan said:

Need a babysitter or hansum english tutor?   My rates are reasonable.....but will go up in 2021   ????   book now!

If she was in that kind of occupation, let me assure you that you'd be the one paying for her services. Come to think of it, she did work as a child minder for a while.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Great post.

I have also drunk from the Amata fountain

Which one? 
Amata City Rayong? Or Amata Chonburi? 

The Chonburi one is a bit better IMO, the pubs in DonHuaRo on a Friday and Saturday nights are packed with literally thousands of attractive women in their 20s. Heaven on earth.
The pub food is exceptional there also, and the live entertainment pretty good too.
Fun times.

58 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So where do you buy your cheeses and wines?   LOL

Oh !!  come on man I don't judge the cost of living in Thailand compared to England by the cost of just cheese & wine. 

Occasionally I buy cheese in Makro Sukhothai and my daughter in England coming holidays to see me said cheese here is about same price in UK.

As for wine I buy a 2 litre box of red once a month from Big 'C'.

I would say not paying council tax on a house in England would compensate any little extra cost I pay in Thailand 100 times over. ???? ????

14 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Which one? 
Amata City Rayong? Or Amata Chonburi? 

The Chonburi one is a bit better IMO, the pubs in DonHuaRo on a Friday and Saturday nights are packed with literally thousands of attractive women in their 20s. Heaven on earth.
The pub food is exceptional there also, and the live entertainment pretty good too.
Fun times.

Chonburi, my now wife used to work at Amata. 

We were actually up there last weekend,  out with family, and yes, it still has that lots of attractive single girls, up for dating a foreigner vibe.

My now wife noticed the same and noticed my interest, lol. (*wife makes snip snip feed penis to ducks motion*)

Edited by Peterw42
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Morning all,

when I first moved here many moons ago I loved many things about this country.

Certainly the longer I have lived here the less things I love.

Now it can be shortlisted into a few segments. 

I love: the food, the weather, the females, the nature, the easy lifestyle. 

How about you lot?

What do you love about Thailand?

I like it as much as I did when I first arrived 12 years back.

The banging has reduced, but that's only because I'm older.

Finished my 5Km morning walk.

Sitting on the sofa in the sun drinking a wine cooler, and have a pizza in the oven at this very moment.

• Like 1

The freedom ,not having to check if i have done 33mph in a 30 mph zone , can get my car repaired and serviced cheaply ,dont have to pay through the nose for an mot or car tax ,or council tax ,or any of the other govt bulls it,in the UK .

the  list goes on .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So where do you buy your cheeses and wines?   LOL

I buy my cheese in Makro, 265bht for 500gm of Vintage Mainland Cheddar, very tasty.

And my wine is from the local booze shop, Dark Moon wine cooler, 28bht a 300ml bottle (7.5%).

Edited by BritManToo

Warm weather..Great fresh food ..beautiful islands ..beautiful and smart women ..nice people..and still not overly expensive..there is always somewhere where the grass looks greener..ive been coming here since I was 18 many moons ago I now have a Thai wife and we share our time between Australia and Thailand and ive travelled extensively in m life and believe me neither Australia or Thailand or any other country ive seen or read about are close to perfect so compared to Thailand there are many worse places one could be.

Edited by Chooky
  • Like 1

All things considered, for me it's clearly the easy life that I can live in Thailand. I can pretty much do exactly what I like to do.

Rabid bigots from back home that I occasionally see on TV annoy me a lot more even from a distance than the occasional xenophobic outburst by a Thai official. So there's that, clearly subjective and personal of course.

• Like 1

If it were not for this forum, I wouldn't even know about most of the things that are seen by some as bad, and certainly not enough for me to consider leaving!

Been here 18 years and while everything has not been plain sailing, I am happy with just about everything that I meet in my life.

Long live Thailand, warts and all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Oh !!  come on man I don't judge the cost of living in Thailand compared to England by the cost of just cheese & wine. 

Occasionally I buy cheese in Makro Sukhothai and my daughter in England coming holidays to see me said cheese here is about same price in UK.

As for wine I buy a 2 litre box of red once a month from Big 'C'.

I would say not paying council tax on a house in England would compensate any little extra cost I pay in Thailand 100 times over. ???? ????

The price of cheese in UK is way below the price here, especially from Aldi or Lidl, and much more varieties of English and foreign types.