SURVEY: Is it time to legalize gambling?

Scott

SURVEY: Is it time to legalize gambling?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would say don't legalize it but continue to overlook a bit of dabbling with card games.

There several places in our village that have gambling set ups, where I have played snooker I see Thais guys playing a totally different game with money put on a side table.

Can't work out the game on how they play it's not snooker. ????

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

Legal gambling, like the lottery, is a tax on the stupid.

(Becky Quick said something like that on CNBC one night, and Joe Kernan looked at her like You can't say that!)

Hehe tons of highly intelligent people gamble like crazy, so it's not IQ related. 

Gambled quite a lot in my youth and it was mostly for the thrill and kick. 

Poker, black Jack, Mausel, dize, slots you name it... 

It's a dangerous road to walk and it's easy to fall, but people that want to gamble will gamble no matter what. 

So Thailand might as well legalize and tax the thing, instead of shady types raking in the earnings. 

• Like 1

Well, obviously I can cope with it, but the rest of you can't be trusted.  ????  That seems to be the general attitude here anyway.

No, I've seen the evidence that Thai's don't have the self-control to gamble within limits.  Thay can't walk away from a losing streak.

• Thanks 1