Vaccination Program Will Be Divided into 3 Phases

webfact

Vaccination Program Will Be Divided into 3 Phases

ee0a96500feab2e7f5dd6d0eebaa67d4_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - COVID-19 Vaccination program will be divided into 3 phases, with priority given to healthcare workers, the elderly and the seriously ill.

Government Spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said the vaccines will be administered by the national vaccine committee and the Public Health Ministry will closely monitor and assess the procedures, adding that the first group is expected to be vaccinated in February.

He said the Prime Minister has assured that the distribution of vaccines against COVID-19 will be fair and in line with international standards.

nnt.jpg

2 minutes ago, rodknock said:

might there be any chance that a 72year expat could pay and receive the vaccine

in the first phase.

There was a report last week that Phuket said all foreigners residing on the island would be included in the program so hopefully that will be a Nationwide thing. However.....one thing that's consistent here is the inconsistency uttered by different Govt officials.

My local health centre had no idea if I'd be included in the vaccine rollout when I asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yes, article with this title was posted here a week ago.

But in the title was only that program is only for thai, nothing at all about foreigners - use to be in thailand 5mln foreigners.

certainly worth try to register with local authorities, if in a risk group, but probably they will put at the end of the waiting list, depending on availability.

If anybody is in rush, the first one available privately will be sinovac for 3200b for 2 doses. First bangkok, but this hospital has branches in many major cities.

So far the government has plans, which are constantly changing, and should not be trusted.

Now on their hands they have myanmar workers, and shortly a wave of hundreds of thousands escaping military rule in myanmar 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rodknock said:

in the first phase.

Unlikely. The first phase is supposed to be only the 50,000 AZ vaccine ordered from Italy which is now in doubt due to the EU's ban on exports of vaccine.

4 hours ago, edwinchester said:

There was a report last week that Phuket said all foreigners residing on the island would be included in the program so hopefully that will be a Nationwide thing. However.....one thing that's consistent here is the inconsistency uttered by different Govt officials.

My local health centre had no idea if I'd be included in the vaccine rollout when I asked.

Last week a government spokesman said there would vaccine made available to migrant workers but their employers would have to pay for it, as the government's vaccine roll out is only intended for Thai citizens. He didn't say which phase the migrant workers would be in or whether undocumented migrants would be covered. 

Basically it is a totally muddled and poorly thought out programme subject to change from minute to minute. I really doubt that Phuket would be allowed to do anything different from the rest of the country. No provision has been made to provide expats with vaccines. Clearly the intention is that they will have to get them from private hospitals but the government just says that private hospitals are free to order any vaccine that has been approved by the FDA which is so far only AZ produced in Europe.  Since AZ has shortages in Europe, there is no vaccine at this point that a private hospital can order.

I think that what we will find is that around the beginning of next year, Siam Bioscience will be finally be up to full production capacity of AZ vaccine intended for export to Asian countries.  Since none of them will want it by then, the domestic market will probably be flooded with the product which may or may not work against whatever strains are available by then. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodknock said:

in the first phase.

I suspect that we'll probably have to get any vaccination at a private hospital, which will import their own supply. Just a guess.

Obviously, those with local Thai SocSec/Health care would queue at a gov't hospital for a free-ish jab. 

Thai will be vaccinated for free at public hospitals. And paid vaccination at private hospitals for those who want services and don't want to wait long line.

I'm guessing foreigners will have to go to private hospitals only, can't get free vaccinations at public hospitals?

• Like 2

So, yesterday bankrupt South Africa received 1 million doses of the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine. Sourced fom Serum Institute of India. With hundreds of thousands more doses to follow within weeks.

Meanwhile Bob the Builder masquerading as the Minister of Public Health is still waiting to hear when we will get 50 000, yes fifty thousand doses  of the same vaccine, sourced from Italy. As this country has bet the future on this one vaccine would it not be sensible to have sourced supplies from India? Meanwhile the nation holds it's breath for further 6 months to see if the local production, built from scratch actually delivers a single dose. This junta is following a dangerous path for the health of the nation and the recovery of tourism. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the Prime Minister has assured that the distribution of vaccines against COVID-19 will be fair and in line with international standards.

From what I'm seeing and hearing - even in my UK - that means lowly, youngish politicians with friends jumping ahead of the at risk

• Like 1

There's one way those of us in the older age groups ( 0 and over ) could be vaccinated for free. We volunteer to be the guinea pigs and if there's no side effects then vaccinate the Thais as they will then know if it  it hasn't killed farangs us or had any serious side effects then it will be safe for Thais.

Well this is going to upset the Thai Tourist minister

Who wants people who work in the Tourist industry to get it first

Maybe he should organise  to get it done in the Private hospitals 

And pay for it 

As with other Countries the Prime Minister has the priorities correct on who will receive it  first