Realistic or pie in the sky? AoT forecasts 330,000 flights and 31 million passengers this year

webfact

Airlines cancelled these flights eons ago.

This is why the boards at SBIA/BKK are so silly with mostly cancelled flights displayed.

There must be some bureaucratic/budgetary reason to continue to "carry" these flights?

Obviously not as bad as the TG employees faking their own deaths to collect funeral compensation.

Still incompetent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

AoT forecasts 330,000 flights and 31 million passengers this year

Now we know what happens to the buds from the 'hemp' and 'medicinal herb' marihuana plantations.  Making its way into AoT planning meetings. ???? 

• Haha 2

We are not talking about a pie here! This is a totally different reality! What has these guys finally found? I thought I´d tried all the drugs in the universe, but know i compell these guys to share the good news. Can it be as good as they have finally been able to create cronical euforia in a neverending world of dreams?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

While the assessments of 31 million passengers this year include all domestic travel not just international arrivals, many who view the ailing sector with caution will be suggesting that the revised figures are still optimistic, notes Thaivisa. 

Is it realistic to assume they can find 30,998,000 domestic passengers ?

I am in BKK now.

If one thought Pattaya was bad, what a fricken ghost town.  Sky train empty when I took it.  If anyone cares, all of Nana and surrounding area is boarded up.  There were some people at the mall, but not many.  Many of the MBK shops I would go to are gone.  Just walking around other areas the buzz of this place is empty.

On and on.  Sad to see the GDP must currently be way way negative probably in a state of depression.

To add, where the H is our vaccine?  Step beyond the 3rd world and set an example instead of wasting time.

For what??

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Just waiting for TAT to come out with even higher numbers....

regards Worgeordie

Then forecasts of hundreds of thousands of condos being sold by end of year. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Laughable. I really don't understand why they persist in coming up with such ridiculous announcements, which are very clearly a pipe dream and nothing more.

They are clearly smoking something in the Pipe to dream on, thats for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I suspect the ganja approval committee and the passenger numbers committee got their meeting rooms mixed up and the cookies thus consumed are reflected with these numbers.

An extra portion of the "chefs special omelette" at breakfast seems to have had an effect.

• Like 1

Oh Dear Lord, how many of these forecasts can we take?

So anyone with a brain knows international travel is doomed until at the earliest next year. So then you are down to domestic travel.

Very few countries are kicking the norm at this point, if you doubt that, look at how much money airlines across the world are bleeding on a daily basis.

TSA in the US probably gives you an accurate picture of daily screenings through security, which I would venture if you do the math by population shows you the real numbers.

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

• Like 1

????   Come on fellas you really got to let us in on where you getting that sweet Thailand Gold you guys are smoking that must be some good stuff that makes one come up with all these ideas and figures!  ????

You might get some to the PM, and the medical experts so they can maybe get some vaccine and then relax or get rid of all the stupid rules so people can actually get in here. You might also let the airlines know that they should start to fly into Thailand so you can even come close to those numbers! Or are those numbers for domestic flights?

Edited by thailand49