Thailand sets 300,000 daily jabs as mass vaccination target

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

50 million people to get their COVID-19 jabs by the end of this year.

That's 167 days @ 300k per day for 50m by end of the year.

US already at 200m. Mass vaccination centers are closing. Vaccine stockpiles mounting.

Waiting.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

"The government will also encourage capable private firms to provide injections to complement the government’s vaccination campaign"

I'd like to see details about this. Seems the route most of us expats will have to take. Would those "capable" firms offer the western vaccines? Don't have much trust of Russia or China in this area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, faraday said:

I'll buy everyone on this thread a large Chang if that ever happens.

????

I do not drink alcohol ....Any other choice of beverage or would you consider giving cash away ?

In any case noted with thanks ( post saved )

This does not mean I am sure about the number of jabs either ( I might even say I haven't got a clue ) but why should I pass an opportunity ? ???? 

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yes, the alternatives are:

1. Adams Ale 

2. A cheque - which will be 'in the post'.

????

Wow : option 2 for me

So grateful ???? ( have a great day...always nice to smile...thanks )

• Haha 1

Ok, 200 days for the first shot, and another 200 for the second. So if they start this summer we'll be out of the woodworks by September/October next year. That would be a best case if the variants don't interfere.

2 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

I've been involved with large scale production of biologics in a past life.  Even with an experienced facility there are almost always hiccups.  Since this is SB's first go with a vaccine, especially one of this type, I'd be surprised and maybe a bit suspicious if they nail it on the first attempt.  I'd suggest that the government Hope For The Best and Plan For The Worst, i.e. plan on almost exclusive use of imported vaccines, but somehow I think they would have trouble understanding the logic of this strategy.

I have never been involved with Biologics, however, having had by own Business, I can relate to a new project of any kind.

And rarely do things go to plan.

• Like 1

Looking forward, after the vaccinations get underway whenever that may be, it is important for one to have received the correct vaccine in order to travel to the destination country that recognizes it with the coming vaccine passport. For example, the half efficacy Sinovac is accepted almost nowhere in the world at this time, while the Pfizer is accepted in North America, and Astra in the UK. 

I notice the Chinese have only used Sinovac on their citizens, and I am sure they are anxious to be able to travel. The free gift of 500,000 Sinovac doses to Thailand helps ensure theirs is an accepted vaccine here and they can return one day. 

Meanwhile, Pfizer and many others like Sputnik are still not recognized yet in Thailand, however I expect they will soon if Thailand wants the return of international tourism.

If strained China relations continue, I don't expect Sinovac to be recognized in North America or many other countries anytime soon.

For me and my family, I won't take the Sinovac, and expect we will wait for the Pfizer when available in a private hospital.

• Like 2

Cabinet approved Bt321 million for 500,000 more doses of the Sinovac vaccine, bringing Thailand’s total order to 2.5 million. The country has also secured 117,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. #โควิด #โควิด19 #WhatsHappeningInThailand

Prayut and his cabinet produce enough wind to drive a dreadnought along at 10 knots in an oncoming gale.  Zzzzz

How about a lot less talk and a lot more action?
Results.  We've all had enough hot-air.

In the meanwhile Ai - Anutin's recall petition is at 205, 600 and climbing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

BTW the Russian Sputnik vaccine uses same technology as AZ and J&J: adenovirus platform

Could be the difference between using chimpanzee adenovirus vs human adenovirus?  (Sputnik-V uses two human adenovirus vectors.  It also could be adjuvants.  Sputik's is pretty much free of the adjuvants that the other vaccines makers use.  But who knows.  Just thinking out loud. 

Edited by connda