Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

and hopefully FOC'd for the foreign flockers .. though given the flip flopping and back flipping exhibited so far t'would be no surprise if there's another about turn leaving f'rrangs in a tizz' .. again ..

A lot of 'f'ing in your post!

I hope there's not yet another U-turn now. I'll be up there in the queue.

Mind you, the devil's in the details yet again:

36 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Full details of exactly when foreigners in Thailand will begin to receive the vaccination will be announced as soon as they are available

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Excellent news... the only logical and fair solution as the vaccine helps all, not just the person vaccinated but those with whom that person comes into contact. 

As it stands: Ministry of Public Health announced:

From 1st May 60+ and those in 7 high risk groups can register - First vaccinations will strat from 7th June.

From  1st July: 18-59 can register with first vaccinations taking place in August. 

Thus, given this news that foreigners can also receive the vaccination one can assume that the above MOPH announcement includes foreigners. 

Now.. Lets see how this good news can be screwed up in practice. 

Erm... do they mean Embassy Staff and those working for various government bodies (i.e. British Counsel).

It states one was a teacher. 

3 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Aren't you expecting a bit too much? In Italy, I was not given a choice and it was a matter of taking the vaccine being used at that particular government vaccination centre or leaving it, and I guess it will be the same in Thailand.

If the vaccine is free there will not be a choice (or maybe between AZ and sinovac). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

From watching the CCSA Covid (English language) briefing this morning he did state that a meeting, including the Czar, sorry PM, and others was due at 14.00 hrs today, maybe something may will come out of that.

I am suspecting it will be more about placing more restrictions ahead of the long weekend, e.g. not allowing dine-in in food places and allowing only take-away/deliveries..

56 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I hope it is not mandatory. 

It was announced long ago (too long to find the link now) that vaccination is voluntary. But why would you not want to avail yourself?

20 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Absolute bllx.  A Farang, by his very nature, cannot have "Thai ID".  If you are referring to pink cards - even more bllx.

Poo Yai Ban has requested a copy of my passport and noted all my details. I am in the system.

The pink card is an ID into their Thai id system.

I recently bought COVID insurance at SCB.  They tried to sign me up in the computer using my passport, which failed. The manager said it requires a Thai ID so I gave them my pink card and it went through immediately.  It does not mean you are a citizen.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

A Farang, by his very nature, cannot have "Thai ID".  If you are referring to pink cards - even more bllx.

You are free to believe anything you want.

When a document or service asks for Thai ID it means the 13 digit number used in the Thai ID system, it does not mean the number belongs to someone of Thai nationality.

Thai ID numbers for a foreigner start with the number 6. On the documents for the hospital I use the field is described as CID.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ericdiam said:

Will be the AZ produced by Siam bioscience which I not much trust. And AZ has only 63% protection and is less effective even with the new variants, UK included. Also they only will start in June so prity sure foreigners will be maybe August-Seprember

For me if Pfizer, Moderna which are both over 90% or even J&J over 70% and that one already proven that UK variant works then I'll just go and pay for any of these

Going to pay for a vaccine may not be an option

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26993/course-changed-government-says-private-sector-has-no-need-to-order-vaccines/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

So we'll be able to register with our passports or not?!?

That's what I have. A passport.

Also will foreigners in EARLIER high risk groups over 60 etc.. be included with Thais or not?!?

Details matter.

A lot.

Details do matter - everywhere else.

As per most things, it will depend on who you ask as to what answer you will receive.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Details do matter - everywhere else.

As per most things, it will depend on who you ask as to what answer you will receive.

Well if the online registration system doesn't accept passport numbers as I've found it doesn't yet then that's more significant than a random localized answer.