Pattaya Tourist Police arrest suspect allegedly involved in visa scam with more than ten foreign victims

snoop1130

The comments on the Dragon Visa facebook page are interesting. 

Quoting 10 victims seems a bit misleading as he apparently ran off with a hundred odd passports.

FB_IMG_1621974348074.jpg.f245032d94fa00d7c5936d2ecd1c7535.jpg

This logo was updated way back in 2015, so I'm guessing he was running a legitimate business for a while, well "legitimate" in the sense of delivering what he promised.

Why he suddenly decided to up sticks and run off is anybody's guess. The fact he apparently disappeared with a hundred odd passports would indicate business wasn't too bad. 

I was surprised to read comments from a diverse set of guys, not just asians, which you might suspect was his target niche given the name of his business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nausea said:

Why he suddenly decided to up sticks and run off is anybody's guess. The fact he apparently disappeared with a hundred odd passports would indicate business wasn't too bad. 

He might have had a good business but cut corners by not arranging a secure place to keep the passports. The passports could have been snatched, or stolen in a burglary, and that's the end of his business, time to get out of town.

11 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Oops was that 45k for a retirement extension ? Punters should have looked around 

I won’t mention what island but one agency charges the amount you suggested for a retirement visa but as there are very few agents on the island they have farangs by the short and curlies 

3 hours ago, nausea said:

FB_IMG_1621974348074.jpg.f245032d94fa00d7c5936d2ecd1c7535.jpg

Perhaps he suddenly decided to cease " distributing " some of the gains.

38 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find large parts of Pattaya, the address is technically Nong Prue.  I'm in Jomtien and my actual address is Nong Prue on yellow book etc, 

Even immigration has a Nong Prue address

The immigration office in Pattaya is located in Soi 5, Jomtien at the following address.

Address:
Soi 5 Moo 12
Jomtien Beach Road
Nongprue, Banglamung
Chonburi 20150

Lol - as if it wasn't confusing enough ! Like how Pattaya is in Bang Lamung and Chon Buri, but administratively doesn't fall under either of them.

I did check the address of that visa place and it says:

Pattaya 3rd Rd,
Pattaya City,
Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri

The Buffalo Bar shows a similar address. (Don't check their "website" as it redirects you to some scam ad and gambling sites for some reason.)

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

I won’t mention what island but one agency charges the amount you suggested for a retirement visa but as there are very few agents on the island they have farangs by the short and curlies 

Why? I have 2 retirement extensions in my time here never used an agent, never had a problem, cost B1,900 each.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

Why? I have 2 retirement extensions in my time here never used an agent, never had a problem, cost B1,900 each.

I think it's more they cant be bothered, I know some guys where money is no object but still use an agent, 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think it's more they cant be bothered, I know some guys where money is no object but still use an agent, 

Or they can't meet the financial requirements and need an agent to "fix" things for them. Which seems to be a common issue.

I have known people (years ago) that simply couldn't be bothered though. Back when we could do non-stop 30 days stamps (i.e. around 2006 and before), I used to do the monthly border run as I was "too young" for a retirement visa and was expecting to go back to work at any time.
Cost what, 2,500 baht, including breakfast and lunch and an assistant to do all the paperwork and stamps (on the Cambodian side).  New movies, smoking buses, usually no more than 6, sometimes 7 other people on the bus and home by mid afternoon.

But there were guys who would pay (back then) 6,500 baht to get an "agent" to do it for them. Some of those guys were living on borrowed money as it was and instead of taking one day a month to do a simple task, would spend nearly 3 times as much to get someone else to do it. (Like people who pay an agent to do their 90 day reports because they can't be bothered to go to Immigration once every 3 months.)

Speaking of which, time for me to head to Immigration myself !

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Oops was that 45k for a retirement extension ? Punters should have looked around 

Why go to visa shop in 1st place.i got told only if you want to do visa ILLEGALY do u use these places  ok for some things but not visas .unless they are very very rich and can lend 800.00 bt to every customer

• Haha 1

Just now, Gilltom said:

Why go to visa shop in 1st place.i got told only if you want to do visa ILLEGALY do u use these places  ok for some things but not visas .unless they are very very rich and can lend 800.00 bt to every customer

800 000 i mean????

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

45 000 do you get a years free bar fines included...i know people who get it half that price with no problems..

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I know a couple for whom money IS an issue, but they still use an agent.  It's the 800k in the bank bit that they can't do, so an agent is their only option to remain here.

6 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"the reported owner of The Dragon Visa Service company which is located on Pattaya Third Road in Nongprue. "

I see it on Pattaya 3rd road, close to the Buffalo Bar (which is barely 30 meters away at the back end of the pic below).
Pretty sure #3 road isn't in Nong Prue though.
tv1.png.084f23518b5dba7c0dddc4b1161b0b67.png

On Google maps it's called "Beta Inter Law Visa&Accounting". I think that's the new name of the place as the Google pic is from Oct 2020 and pics from "Beta Inter Law" are dated April 2021.

So maybe the owner of "Dragon Visa" sold the place (or dropped the lease) or just did a runner.

Pattaya klang

On 5/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, sharecropper said:

And in these mickey mouse courts, it's not like you're innocent until proven guilty. You're guilty if they say you're guilty.

You're guilty if you are a farang.

21 hours ago, Gilltom said:

Because it is a helluva lot easier than going to immigration 3-4 times a year. They might lend them the money for 4 minutes flat.... 

23 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I am trying to find out what the 'scam' was...

Just not passing on the bribes to the immigration officers. I expect the customers will be in a rather an unpleasant fix now he's lost their passports with no extensions etc. Highlights the risk of using agents.

Most visa agents are honest and professional and work well within the law.  Scammers like this give them a bad name, and that's a shame. 

Trying to deal directly with Immigration officials can often be frustrating and sometimes an absolute nightmare.  I have always used an agent, and find their services to be well worth the money. 

No confusion over rules and procedures and forms, no standing in endless queues, no misunderstandings due to language issues, no dealing with Imm officers who are "having a bad day" and take it out on you...there are many virtues to using a good agent. 

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1