Dr Yong: You can't eradicate Covid - virologist compares three strains for Thailand's three waves

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

Last year in March they stated the fist wave was caused by the Italian variant...????

Flip-Flop, Flip-Flop
What's the story today,
Is it believable or not?
Flip-Flop, Flip-Flop

Thailand has become The Land Of Covid Story Flip-Flops.
Nobody that the top can keep their stories straight from one day to the next.  It simply inspires confidence and believability, does it not?
These government wonks need to hire a Hollywood Script Editor to maintain the continuity of their various storylines.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, tifino said:

never will disappear, just like how Anthrax samples are also kept locked away for future access...

And every biolab in the world will be working on how to improve it should they need to attack/defend another country/themselves.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, rabas said:

He is a real virologist.

But you think he gets his info about 3 Thai waves from TV posters?

(click to see graph)

There are also real credentialed virologists in leadership positions in major universities and academic institutions who don't hold the same view as Dr Yong.  Those virologist are call everything but doctors of virology and are excoriated and censored by the MSM and by Big Tech.  The Scientific Method is being replaced by Scientific Orthodoxy with is incredibly dangerous for the future of Science. The alternative hypothesis in now heretical, and heretics are metaphorically burnt at the stake. That bodes not well.
So being a 'real' virologist doesn't mean much.  You need to be a 'real' virologist with the official opinion and restate the party line. You can be a virtual nobody (who has heard of Dr. Yong before his high-profile weekly photo-ops) but restate the official narrative and you're placed on a pedestal and worshiped as an "expert".  And "experts" towing the line are all now revered as gods of Scientific Orthodoxy.  No doubt the spigots of future grant money will be opened wide for these fortuitous "experts." ????

• Like 2

I would like to see the evidence confirming that there is a covid virus.

All I've seen is CGI images of the 'virus' in all diferent colours of the rainbow.

As we know, it cannot be separated and identified, so how do

they know which 'variant' it is?

'Virus Theory' is what it is, theory. Google it and have fun.

5 hours ago, Virt said:

As for vaccines I got 1st shot of Pfizer 5 days ago, but still no antibodies detected in todays test,

I heard it can take between 4 to 12 weeks so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Virt said:

There are new vaccines under development where they hope it will give life long protection for Corona , so hopefully they manage to do the trick. 

Bought stocks just in case, cause that will be a game changer if they manage to give life long protection. 

Meanwhile it's going to be a bumpy ride.

New variant from Vietnam seems to spread through air a lot faster. 

Not good. 

As for vaccines I got 1st shot of Pfizer 5 days ago, but still no antibodies detected in todays test, so I hope I'm not one of the few that can't develop proper antibodies. 

Too soon to find antibodies. Sore arm at injection site is a good thing.  21 days get the next shot    Wait 14 days then. You should be properly immune. None of my colleagues how got Pfizer got any covid. Dont know your location either way use masks, thats the best immunity along with the jabs. 

3 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

Even if the vaccines were abundantly available what makes you think everyone is going to want to get vaccinated? 

Mutations will be more of a concern outside of a controlled environment.  If all prisoners were to be infected, they will only have to worry about a new variants being introduced from the outside.  

Coronaviruses have been around for centuries.  There is no such thing as herd immunity against mother nature. 

Do you believe a virus mutates because it mixes with a separate variant? There was only one virus initially. The virus mutates inside the person. It hasn't a clue whether it's in prison or not. 

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sounds like we have an International smorgasbord here of Variants, guess it might be time for the Kentucky Derby to have its own Variant.......

Ah! A smorgasbord eh? ( No I am not Canadian!)

I might have known that Scandinavia was behind it - bloody Vikings, always were trouble!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

This Junta stooge has no special knowledge or insight.

He is just listening and repeating what real virologists say.

Grandpa Google.

LOL it sounds like you know NOTHING about this man. I think you are probably another moaning farang. Another for my ever expanding ignore list. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Technically he is incorrect. 

If you vaccinated everyone in the world (I MEAN EVERY SINGLE HUMAN), including children, - you would eradicate it. 

But yeah that's unlikely to happen. But still technically he is wrong. 

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

What happened to the original SARS? That disappeared with no vaccine.

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a viral respiratory disease caused by a SARS-associated coronavirus. It was first identified at the end of February 2003 during an outbreak that emerged in China and spread to 4 other countries. WHO co-ordinated the international investigation with the assistance of the Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network (GOARN) and worked closely with health authorities in affected countries to provide epidemiological, clinical and logistical support and to bring the outbreak under control.

SARS is an airborne virus and can spread through small droplets of saliva in a similar way to the cold and influenza. It was the first severe and readily transmissible new disease to emerge in the 21st century and showed a clear capacity to spread along the routes of international air travel.

Apparently the original strain died out.   Smallpox did have an extremely effective vaccine.  Hopefully the same will be true of Covid but to date there really have not been any effective vaccines against the common cold and the vaccines against the flu provide varied protection.  In 2004 the protection was as low as 10%.  In 2019 the estimate as high as 45%. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Flip-Flop, Flip-Flop
What's the story today,
Is it believable or not?
Flip-Flop, Flip-Flop

Thailand has become The Land Of Covid Story Flip-Flops.
Nobody that the top can keep their stories straight from one day to the next.  It simply inspires confidence and believability, does it not?
These government wonks need to hire a Hollywood Script Editor to maintain the continuity of their various storylines.

Good idea! "Anutin said........" Time to  move on - next fib please!

Every person in authority has a story to tell .. My story can be a good one too with no medical degrees.

let us forget the past and focus on the future. It is a well know  fact that herd immunity does not eradicate the virus.

Vaccination will only build the antibodies to prevent infection. However with the mutation of this virus,  only pfizer and moderna has a better chance to prevent infection because these vaccines were develop using a new concept to build antibodies(MRNA). Other uses the "dead bug approach"  .Infection may be possible.    Still better than none.

You can still reach herd immunity without infection.... however the number of  death can he higher because human bodies are different reacting to the virus.

This guys is not saying anything we don't know already.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

LOL it sounds like you know NOTHING about this man. I think you are probably another moaning farang. Another for my ever expanding ignore list. 

Please post links to independent studies that Grandpa Google and his team has conducted.

Please post the findings of these studies and the credentials of his research team and any evidence they have to back up the claims they have made.

Until you can do that ? Shssss. Good boy.

28 minutes ago, the green light said:

only pfizer and moderna has a better chance to prevent infection because these vaccines were develop using a new concept to build antibodies(MRNA). Other uses the "dead bug approach"  .Infection may be possible.    Still better than none.

This isn't entirely true. The new variants are a moving target and both companies are constantly looking into new formulations or boosters.

On a positive note, there is strong research interest in "pan-coronavirus vaccines."

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the first wave was the Chinese version of the virus. Testing revealed not much quantity of virus. 

And with that, all Chinese funding of Chulalongkorn's infectious disease department came to an end.

1st => you never use mass vaccination during a pandemic, but before... same as the flu. Vaccination comes before the flu season

2nd => Because you are mass vaccinating at the wrong time, virus is able to mutate faster than it should be...

This is why new variants are coming up in those mass vaccinating country, most of the time. 

Edited by jeanrem
  • Like 2

Top virologist Dr Yong Poovorawan of Chulalongkorn University went on his personal Facebook page to expound his views on the pandemic in Thailand. 

He said that the first wave was the Chinese version of the virus.

Finally someone in Thailand with the balls to admit where all of this came from ????

• Sad 1

As we've all been saying all along, listening to endless vaccines talk...

** ahem **

What vaccines?  You need about 120 million for herd darlings plus people to administer them.  

I give thailand five years.  It will be another year until they figure out that they don't have enough people to administer them and they will go... duuuuuuuhhhhhhh,...