Tourism minister confirms: NO QUARANTINE in TEN provinces come October 1st

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Then he outlined the challenges that the Covid-19 pandemic had presented but stressed that his ministry and his colleagues at the Tourism Authority of Thailand had not let the grass grow under their feet. 

True, they smoke it all day.

• Haha 1

I badly want to believe this is true.

Can fly home, get vaccinated, see friends/family, enjoy a couple months of the summer, check in with my firm, and be back in Asia before winter starts ????. Hopefully by then life in Thailand would be back to normal too!

Not holding my breath tho.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Every politician and his dog is making announcements which are back-tracked upon.

We have the 7 day Phuket Sandbox model which initially looked great with the first sets of announcements, the reality is starting to look quite different.... 

After the initial announcements that the Phuket Sandbox would be 7 days on the Island, its now starting to look like the duration will be set at 14 days and the area limited to the ‘area’ and perhaps by the time they’ve finished applying further restrictions the the Phuket Sandbox Model will be 14 days restricted to a resort...

Is there one single announcement which has been accurate so far????

You have a link to the the change from 7 to 14 days? It would effect me and many others. 

Please  tell me if you just made that up 

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m hoping the information I read is incorrect...  Nothing has been finalised or confirmed.

This Facebook group contains people directly involved. There was a virtual meeting between some Airline and Hotel Reps with the TAT. One of the Airline Reps (Louis Tan) posted information from that meeting in the facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/388875605677294/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=393835548514633

Quote: Louis Tan Facebook Post [Station Manager for Singapore Airlines] 

Hello everyone. A few hotel and airline reps attended a virtual meeting with the TAT Deputy Governor this afternoon. Although the outlook remains somewhat foggy, the contours of the much touted Sandbox are becoming clearer with the new information we gleaned today.
TAT stressed that the Sandbox was still on track, and that "the government is not backing down, and this is still going ahead". TAT acknowledged that the authorities had appeared fickle when the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reversed Bangkok City Hall's plans to reopen five types of businesses, including spas and beauty clinics, on 31 May. TAT said that this was because of the poor lines of communication between City Hall and CCSA. CCSA was not informed about City Hall's reopening plans for Bangkok. In contrast, CCSA has been kept abreast of the Sandbox developments, and it would be "incorrect" for the disinterested observer to draw any parallels.
The Phuket provincial government had discussions with the TAT Governor on the modalities of the Sandbox earlier this afternoon. If all goes well - and the operative keyword here is "if" - this would be the estimated timeline:
Friday, 4 June - TAT submits the Sandbox to the Prime Minister-chaired Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) for formal approval. CESA has already given the Sandbox its "in-principle approval".
Early next week - CCSA would review the Sandbox and give its approval if satisfied.
2 to 3 days later - Announcement in the Royal Gazette
That said, there were a couple of disquieting but yet-to-be-confirmed developments that could temper travel demand. They are:
i) A proposal by the Public Health Ministry to increase the mandatory stay in Phuket from 7 to 14 days. This means that a vaccinated traveller in Phuket under the auspices of the Sandbox must stay in a SHA-certified hotel/resort in Phuket for a minimum of 14 days before they may travel to other parts of Thailand; and
ii) "Area Quarantine": instead of allowing vaccinated travellers the freedom to roam around Phuket as per the current plan, he could be confined to the area where he is staying. For example, if he is staying in a hotel in Patong sub-district, he would have to remain in Patong sub-district for the duration of his stay. If he wants to travel to other parts of Phuket, he may only do so via "sealed routes".
All this is still basically a work-in-progress. The briefing was bereft of details.
For those interested in entering Phuket via Bangkok under the auspices of the Sandbox, TAT said that this would be possible, with Terminal E9 to be reserved for such international-domestic transfers. However, the logistical arrangements of such a transfer are still being worked out and that "it would take some time".
Apart from Singapore Airlines which is already flying to Phuket, I heard from the airport grapevine that other airlines which would be mounting scheduled flights to Phuket from 1 July are Turkish, Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Cathay, Malaysia, EL AL and Aeroflot.

Thanks for this 

With the exception  of Phuket all international arrivals have to enter through BKK airport.  Therefore, at BKK one must clear customs and immigration first.  Then one can travel to one of the 10 provinces that do not require quarantine.  This presumes by the October Bangkok will no longer be in the Deep Red Zone.  The other alternative is to allow International Flights into other Thailand Airports.  Either way I believe I will  have to complete some kind of quarantine if I return from my USA vaccination journey in early October.  

• Like 1

Not only tourism and sports minister, but a fortune teller to boot,

4 months is a loooong time to forecast with this virus, it keeps coming

back in a more virulent form.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'll book my return when the pack of cards they have thrown up in the air land and I can read them and be sure they wont change before bedtime 

Drama queen.

I am booked to return on the 7th October and will deal with things the way they are at the time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

I badly want to believe this is true.

Can fly home, get vaccinated, see friends/family, enjoy a couple months of the summer, check in with my firm, and be back in Asia before winter starts ????. Hopefully by then life in Thailand would be back to normal too!

Not holding my breath tho.

Not sure about that, a friend of mine has just returned to UK to be vaccinated and he told me that the "no quarantine" only applies to tourists and that returning visa holders are subject to quarantine, so unless like him, you have 2 passports you may find yourself doing jail time ????

There is absolutely nothing Phiphat can say, at this point, which will have even one degree of credibility. Along with Anutin and Prayuth he is hopelessly lost in the mire of bubbling fools, inconsistent jokers, and mindless goombahs. 

Call them the ZCG. The zero credibility guys. 

I want to make plans to return to the US this fall. However, I do not have any interest in dealing with quarantine upon return. There is NO credible information out there, and anything they say or do, may mean nothing tomorrow, or next week, much less months from now. 

Edited by spidermike007

43 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

Not sure about that, a friend of mine has just returned to UK to be vaccinated and he told me that the "no quarantine" only applies to tourists and that returning visa holders are subject to quarantine, so unless like him, you have 2 passports you may find yourself doing jail time

Are you talking about the quarantine rules in the UK or in Thailand?

I would be flying back to Canada, so UK rules hopefully won't affect me too much. If you're referencing rules for returning to Thailand, then that could be an inconvenience.

I fully expect the Thai gov to change this policy 4-5 times before October though, and am taking anything they say this far out with a million grains of salt.