Thailand Used as Transit Point for Drug Trafficking

snoop1130

1-iuyuiyui-1.jpg

BANGKOK, June 7 (TNA) – Thailand has been used as a transit point for drug trafficking because it stands adjacent to the Golden Triangle and has convenient transport networks, said Justice Minister Somsak Thepsutin on Monday.

The minister said Thailand stood close to the Golden Triangle which was a major production base of illicit drugs and narcotic rackets used the country to gather drugs for export because of its convenient networks of land, water and air transport.

Mr Somsak stressed that he was coordinating local and international efforts to suppress drug trafficking.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-711962

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-06-07

• Haha 1

Khun Somsak must have a PHD in logistics. Porous Thai bordors, corrupt Thai officials, corrupt law enforcement and a good international air network. Jeez, is this guy a genius in working this out?

Has been for over 40 years and suddenly this is news! Famous heroin smuggler David Mcmillan was nabbed in Bkk airport in the 90's and he had been at it since the early 80's. Escaped from Klong Prem prison and out of the country before they knew he was missing.

Very engaging character

Edited by clivebaxter

Now where did the 11 tons of Ketamine, found at Chachanegsao, disppear to?

On the plus side, all the small appliances, water heaters and BBQ grills count as exports, right?

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-authorities-announce-cargo-ships-route-before-drug-bust-in-australia-video

Reliable Thailand. The best, most secure route from the labs, just to the north of Thailand, to ships and onwards. How else would these be transported.

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's been a transit point for drug exports for many ,many years,

so nothing new there, and whatever they say about curbing it

they are not working, business as usual.

regards worgeordie

Ever read the book "The politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia" I believe it was?  Old book, not much has changed I expect.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Ever read the book "The politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia" I believe it was?  Old book, not much has changed I expect.  

There is a few older books worth a read, especially about the black economy 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Khun Somsak must have a PHD in logistics. Porous Thai bordors, corrupt Thai officials, corrupt law enforcement and a good international air network. Jeez, is this guy a genius in working this out?

You forgot the Cabinet Minister convicted of importing self-raising flour into Oz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Yes, written around 73 by an Australian journalist. I still may have it in my book collection. Hub of wild live, ivory etc etc. Where is that guy who loved those Thai police officers to explain how good these guys are. Police, immigration, justice and lets not forget customs are just a few agencies that are completely rotten, not only in THailand.

Edited by SomchaiCNX

On 6/7/2021 at 5:34 PM, ChipButty said:

Just ask Howard Marks he'll tell you all you need to know

And he'll say nothing.  Just more Thai bashing about this.   555

I do wish the weed presently available was the quality of of the Thai stick that I used to get in the 1970s.

Around 10 years ago it seemed a week didn't go by without a story about an Iranian being busted for a few kilos of ice, or whatever it was, while catching a flight to the homeland at Swampy.  Gave the impression they were selling the stuff at the duty-free.