Thai hospitals instructed not to postpone vaccination appointments – DPHM

snoop1130

14 hours ago, realfunster said:

My head is literally in pain trying to decipher those 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

Poor English ? ‘Thai speak’? Or a combination of both ?

Thai PBS, Thailand’s communication gateway to the world...

Plus a double negative!

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

They will inject you with the hot air coming from the Covid Czar, there is no shortage of that and all known viruses will flee on contact. Warning: side effects assured 

Stand and wait in the midday sun for an hour. The virus doesn't like the sun. As good as getting vaccinated. The Thai way.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the Public Health Ministry does not want appointments to be postponed, especially for the two groups at high risk, because some of them live far from the hospitals.

So they need to travel a long distance, to find that there is no vaccine, and are told to go home and come back for another appointment date, in lieu of being told the appointment is cancelled before travelling.

Crazy even for Thailand.

My wife (she is 62) just returned from the hospital. I drove her there and back. Her Astra Zeneca was delivered to her upper arm as prescribed and has a second one planned for September.

No dramas and now she is resting to allow any effects, if any, to show themselves.

What about me you may (or may not) ask?

I am a 'don't know' on that one.

Good Luck to you all in,  'if', 'when', 'where' and 'what'

5 hours ago, itsari said:

I understand Thailand stands at 79 in the world social progress list . The way Thailand has handled the vaccination program is but a shame that should bring the position to the bottom when you consider the wealth Thailand has compared to many countries that have less wealth and vaccinated far more of there population . 

Large part of the problem with the vaccination program has been the company involved with making Astra Zeneca vaccines under license in Thailand . Ex future forward party leader complained about the contract but was threatened with criminal action . 

I believe Thailand has done one hell of a good job controlling this virus a country OF  70 million people WITH ONLY A LITTLE OVER A THOUSAND  deaths some people got TO BE OUT of there minds to criticize the government for the way they handled this pandemic.  They should get back to there home country and criticize the way they have handled it

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Astonishing. Probably one of the most-startling examples of being totally idiotic so as not to lose face.

As in . . . .

Hospital: - "But we haven't got enough vaccine . . . we'll have to cancel appointments."
Govt: - "No no no - you can't do that - it looks really bad for us."
Hospital: - "So what do we do then?"

Govt: - "Just pretend nothing's changed and everything's normal and when patients arrive just let them sit there."

I'm not getting into an argument about the facts or failings of Thainess, but there's one thing which makes them look like complete idiots to the rest of the world - and that's the child-like immature blind bluster that happens when face-loss is on the cards.

16 hours ago, DLock said:

Thai logic often confounds me.

This is one of those times.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no logic here. Neither is there any ability to plan, foresee obstacles, introspect after issues or generally improve in any serious way.

The entirety of Thai national characteristic is a lightly guided free-for-all.

It is why Thailand is simultaneously so fun to live in and so dangerous to rely on for anything important.

• Like 2

Thammasat Hospital refuses to accept appointment because they need further instructions from the Government .....and this is a leading hospital of Thailand.

I am 77 and living at 15' drive from this hospital and they have my medical records...what shall I do ?

Thammasat.png

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

What are they supposed to do in case they don't have enough vaccine? Inject a number of people with a saline placebo instead?

Happy for all the right-wingers to have their shot of bleach.

• Haha 2

Although Mor-prom is dead now yesterday they sent me a sticker pack to download 555 if you have an appointment with an app i would think they would  send you a cancel notification  but not a sticker pack  

With each passing day have become convinced that with all of this contradictory information that the best thing for me to do is get on an airplane and fly to the USA. Almost any vaccine you want is available at the local pharmacy and is either free or very cheap. Leaving shortly!

47 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Thammasat Hospital refuses to accept appointment because they need further instructions from the Government .....and this is a leading hospital of Thailand.

I am 77 and living at 15' drive from this hospital and they have my medical records...what shall I do ?

Thammasat.png

keep trying with registrations or wait until October /November  go private and pay the 3800b 

17 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

With each passing day have become convinced that with all of this contradictory information that the best thing for me to do is get on an airplane and fly to the USA. Almost any vaccine you want is available at the local pharmacy and is either free or very cheap. Leaving shortly!

good luck but works out an expensive vaccine 

1 hour ago, Rocking Robert said:

I believe Thailand has done one hell of a good job controlling this virus a country OF  70 million people WITH ONLY A LITTLE OVER A THOUSAND  deaths some people got TO BE OUT of there minds to criticize the government for the way they handled this pandemic.  They should get back to there home country and criticize the way they have handled it

The controlling of the pandemic is not the topic. The topic is the cancellation of vaccination appointments. 

You are welcome to have your view as we all are. Please refrain from calling people crazy and to go home as others have a different opinion than your good self .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

who can explain please.... if you have an appointment but there are not enough vaccines, how can you get vaccinated than?? and the appointment must not be postponed...

Ah, Thai logic again.

We fulfill the appointment.

We not cancel any appointment.

We just could not vaccinate the people who turn up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

who can explain please.... if you have an appointment but there are not enough vaccines, how can you get vaccinated than?? and the appointment must not be postponed...

Thaispeak?

18 hours ago, phetphet said:

Imagine those people that haver to travel a long, long way for their appointment, only to be told "Not today. No have. Come back next time."

Pretty sure many won't feel disposed to return.  Apart from the annoyance of a wasted journey,  people are struggling financially and won't want to waste time and money.

How many people  have to travel  a long way?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, surangw said:

how much are the hospitals charging for the real vaccine this week ?

All the vaccines are real. Which are 'the' hospitals  you refer to.  And what is this reference  to this week? It just  seems like a nonsense  troll post

• Like 1

20 hours ago, phetphet said:

Imagine those people that haver to travel a long, long way for their appointment, only to be told "Not today. No have. Come back next time."

I guess they will have a taste of what it's like being a foreigner in Thailand ????

On 6/8/2021 at 8:45 PM, herfiehandbag said:

I've heard the same. The most Northern Provinces, not shall we say the most well disposed to the government, feel that they have received less than their fair share. True or not, the rumour is making the rounds up here.

How would the govt benefit by not vaccinating people ? 

just bizarre