Thai hospitals instructed not to postpone vaccination appointments – DPHM

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, A Los for words said:

He didn't say you would GET the vaccination, just that the appointment would not be postponed. Have a seat and read a magazine from 1993.

Take your power packs and phone chargers with you....... 

Just now, p414 said:
46 minutes ago, rwill said:

So the government wants everyone to show up to be told they can't get a shot???

what a great idea to spread the virus..Thousands of people queuing in

hospitals where they will be told ''Come back next week

When my wife called the hospital Tuesday about her appointment on Friday it was cancelled.  They did not give her a new date to show up.

So if you don't have enough to go around not suppose to cancel appointment because people come from afar etc.  I guess do what the leaders preach " what people don't know won't hurt tell them a white lie "  solution have them show up for their appointment and break the news to them in person give them a shot of water and hope they are protected until they show up for the their suppose second dose? ????

So glad to see TV getting stuck into the satire ...

Top Story #1 today

Top Story #2 today

Thai PM apologises as many vaccination appointments postponed

... of course it may be an understandable confusion of tense, but i prefer to believe TV has given up and going for the Onion demographic.

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

who can explain please.... if you have an appointment but there are not enough vaccines, how can you get vaccinated than?? and the appointment must not be postponed...

Thailand is the land of scams and copies.  Any self-respecting doctor or nurse can jab a syringe full of water in your arm & you'll go away happy with the placebo effect. 

Now the spectacularly failed and arrogant "health ministry" is instructing hospitals to keep appointments, even though this putrid ministry has utterly failed the nation, in its feeble effort to secure the vaccine. 

No, the public has a message for you and a warning. Do your jobs! For once. Do what you were hired to do, which is (supposedly) to look after the health and welfare of the nation. Can you handle that? Apparently not. 

Stop with the threats. Start doing some real work. At least make an effort to be a productive arm of this toxic regime. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Forrests Father said:

With that kind of babbling you should not receive a topic in TV

TVF has a policy of not reporting fake news or from sources known to be unreliable.

Why are we seeing these specious announcements every day then? I can't see that it helps anyone and only fans the flames of discontent already raging. It certainly does nothing for the PM's image and could even be considered slander in this country. Arguably it even cripples the vaccination effort.

Granted, it's a hard call to make but even Fakebook finally banned trump. Perhaps the articles should be prefaced with warnings that content may be false.

May be better if I take my own initiative to not read them, but even reading the titles annoy me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Hospitals in Thailand have been instructed to keep vaccination appointments, even though they may have received fewer doses of vaccine than expected, especially for people over 60 and those suffering from any of seven non-communicable underlying diseases, Deputy Public Health Minister Satit Pitutacha told Thai PBS during the “Tob Jot” TV programme on Monday night.

So what are the hospitals supposed to do?

They don't have the vaccines to give the patients and don't know when they might arrive .

How can they not cancel, or not even give a future appointment.

Usual Thai government screw-up.

• Like 1

I guess the question is: What is one to do when arrives at the vaccination centre for an appointment and there is insufficient for one's vaccination? The appointment has not been postponed or cancelled, in accordance with the wishes of the DPHM, but no vaccine has been given. Another appointment? Not to be postponed under similar circumstances? How many times does one have to have an appointment where nothing happens?

What does the majority of people, who have no transport of their own, or have but a <deleted>ty motorbike or 2 wheel tractor, do? We, the wife and I, have the only 4 wheel transport in the village. The hospital is several miles away and the bus service is now non-existent, the nearest 'bus stop', when it was working, a 45 minute walk....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So what are the hospitals supposed to do?

They don't have the vaccines to give the patients and don't know when they might arrive .

How can they not cancel, or not even give a future appointment.

Usual Thai government screw-up.

Inject them with wishful vaccines!

1 hour ago, BananaGuy said:

So glad to see TV getting stuck into the satire ...

Top Story #1 today

Top Story #2 today

Thai PM apologises as many vaccination appointments postponed

... of course it may be an understandable confusion of tense, but i prefer to believe TV has given up and going for the Onion demographic.

Nothing like a Thai media article to get the paranoid wound up.

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Hospitals in Thailand have been instructed to keep vaccination appointments, even though they may have received fewer doses of vaccine than expected

So what should they do when the government Health Ministry responsible for acquisition and distribution of vaccines fails to provide hospitals with adequate supplies of shots? 
Start filling arms with saline and then declare, "Mission Accomplished!

The upper crust bureaucrats have completely lost touch with reality. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Simple, person turns up as per appointment, waits until serum is received, never mind when.

The objective is to ensure person turns up/keeps their appointment, whether they get a Covid 19 vaccine jab is not relevant to this discussion, and informing the person 'don't come, no serum' is not allowed.

See, not difficult to understand, all totally clear and logical.

Why not allocate appointments to the amount of jabs they have.or is that to complicated

• Haha 1

Mr. Satit maintained that the problem with the distribution of vaccines is not politically motivated, as claimed by some critics, but a matter of prioritization for areas which need them most due to high infections rates.

If vaccines are being prioritized with shots taken away from the elderly and at risk and redistributed to tourist locations because "money" trumps "public health" - then distribution is politically motivated.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I did also hear a similar rumour... Or rather my Wife, who is quite politically astute, informed me that the governors of some provinces have greater political influence it has been reported in the Thai news that some of the more powerful governors have been ‘meddling’ with the distribution of the vaccines to their benefit. 

If you are here long enough , you could have figured that one out by yourself . Didn't need rumours or your wife for that .

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

who can explain please.... if you have an appointment but there are not enough vaccines, how can you get vaccinated than?? and the appointment must not be postponed...

Share a small bottle of vaccine with 4 friends.

Each a quarter and you need 8 appointments.

• Haha 1