Thailand announces new restrictions in Bangkok, other provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Why do tourists from BKK flock to the Prachuap region this weekend while the hotels were deserted in the past few weeks, this is the real question to ask?

How can you expect to control the spread of the epidemic if all leisure travel remains open?

Yes they have had the heads up

very noticeable Klong Wan full of these well to do infected Bangkok "cluckers" today believe me listening to locals near me  apart from maybe the hotels they are not welcome

My Mrs. is from Pha Padeang originally and has heard them in 7/11 today

Edited by poohy

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

About 45% of the US is now vaccinated, and so everywhere's reopening. 

In UK almost 60% are fully vaccinated and the cases are rising........ almost 20.000 a day despite of sufficient supply of vaccines (no China stuff of course) Delta says Hello, mainly because Boris let 2400 people into UK though tested positive. "Unfortunately" they left faked adresses about their accomodation of being quarantied. ????

And in Thailand, only about 3.5 % of the entire population have had 2 Vaccine shots of dubious quality.

And they want to allow home Quarantine to let the pressure off the Health Service

Spanish Flu MK 2 on its way for LOS. ( Land of Sickness )

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed i am affraid thailnd is heading into a disaster.

in pandemic  everyday counts. and the government does not seem

to get the severety of the situation.

does it mattar if the malls will be closed 9 p.m. or 7 p.m. ?

yes it mattars to the economy but not for the virus.

again oil massage solutions that rub only the surface.

another solution is the mexican - open all now and this way

at least save the economy.

yes there will be hundreads of deaths every day, from the virus. but many

others will be saved from hunger and depression.

Only solution: vaccins, vaccins, vaccins and quick! (the good ones like Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen)

48 minutes ago, toho said:

Only solution: vaccins, vaccins, vaccins and quick! (the good ones like Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen)

And here's the point :

Thailand is depending on China to an extent that there is no money to buy vaccines except the Chinese stuff nobody wants - not even Prayut and cronies. 

• Haha 1

Prayuth is all at sea on this virus , he can't make a hard decision if it bit him on the bum,  you can't keep an eye on the stock exchange and the covid as well, its either one or the other, unfortunately,  the Covid will always win . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It's spreading, this latest measure now encompasses Nakhon Pathom one hour west from Bangkok.

Yea and the roads going North east are packed,just like Songkrhan.(oops)

The restaurants have been naughty  boys & most serving alcohol, against their wishes.

What do you have to do to call yourself a shopping centre ?

Have 200mil in the bank & suck up to the boss.

Apart from grocery stores most are selling stuff that can wait a week 

From the article "specific businesses and activities would be targeted to contain the virus."

Correct if I am wrong. this virus is airborne ..so how can you lock some neighborhood in the city but not others.? its is all over the city and every one can be infected. h

They have one  options:  speed up the vaccine effort in Bangkok-- at any cost

Since the virus infection is raging all over the country, the Phuket sandbox plan will not work. what these people will do in Thailand after Phuket?  they wont be able to go anywhere but home

• Like 1

It was so obvious song kran was going to be the blast of air on the ember that was already glowing brightly. so now hiso bday parties on IG can only have 19 attendees. BKK

hospitals stoping testing so they can send sick people home. sounds like the Dr's were correct, the sky is falling.  

10 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed i am affraid thailnd is heading into a disaster.

in pandemic  everyday counts. and the government does not seem

to get the severety of the situation.

does it mattar if the malls will be closed 9 p.m. or 7 p.m. ?

yes it mattars to the economy but not for the virus.

again oil massage solutions that rub only the surface.

another solution is the mexican - open all now and this way

at least save the economy.

yes there will be hundreads of deaths every day, from the virus. but many

others will be saved from hunger and depression.

So if you were going to be affected by one or the other which one would you take?.

And I agree Thailand is heading for a disaster.  The choice, lock down to suppress transmission until you have adequate effective vaccines to undertake a really mass vaccination program that will allow you to open the country and save the economy or muddle along as the incompetants are doing now and enter the disaster as mentioned above    

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I would also wait until the BMA make an announcement.  There is a good chance they will try to top the PM's decisions or countermand them!  

You need to revise that.

The Bangkok Governor has signed the order to Close construction camps for 30 days Prohibit the movement of workers Do not sit & eat at the restaurant - takeaway only Department stores & shopping centers open until 9pm No activities in groups of more than 20 people

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1409109372324642818

Why are there still cases?  I thought the mandatory masks would stop the spread. 

why are they still cases?  I thought closing gyms and the parks would stop the spread. 

It must be because of songkron 2.5 months ago followed by multiple levels of restrictions just short of full forced lockdowns at home. 

maybe the jab will fix everything. 

• Sad 1

Lest we not get confused, mention a Lockdown whether right or wrong and people run back to Issan, which helps the hospital situation in Bkk not get overrun same as Songran, i call this  joined up thinking.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You need to revise that.

The Bangkok Governor has signed the order to Close construction camps for 30 days Prohibit the movement of workers Do not sit & eat at the restaurant - takeaway only Department stores & shopping centers open until 9pm No activities in groups of more than 20 people

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1409109372324642818

Doing what he's told this time then!

• Haha 1

A lockdown is a lockdown is a lockdown. Stop trying to play with semantics and do something for the workers of this city. I gather that you were able to pad your little army with another 67,000 fresh recruits so I understand you do have plenty of money. Your people are hungry and dying and farang appear to be some of many who are trying to do something about it. 

4 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

checkpoints in the country's four southern provinces near Malaysia.

Anywhere else in the world this would be racist ????????????

Utter rubbish. 

Malaysia is still under a country wide lockdown since the beginning of June. So why would you want Malaysians coming over the border unchecked.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, connda said:

Why not close the malls? 

Better to keep them open. They don't just consist of restaurants but shops selling most everything you could possibly want. They keep the smaller food and sundries markets from getting too crowded and malls usually have a small supermarket or two on the lower floors where shoppers can stock up on edibles and help keep the Big C's, Tesco Lotus's's's's's' and 7-11s from getting packed out. 

Don't know about malls in Bangkok but Zeer and Future Park in Rangsit were fairly strict a few months ago with the signing-in and temp checks. The shops and businesses within the malls have their owning screening and are likely to keep the number of customers entering down to a minimum. Whereas Big C, Tesco, Sevens and markets are starting to get more and more complacent and there's not so much customer control anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1