Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

7 hours ago, andre47 said:

Are you more concerned about loosing 3400 Baht than to get Cocid-19? 

You can still get Covid 19 even though you have had the vaccine! You can also die after having the vaccine! There's a 99.5% survival rate without the vaccine! He might be thinking am I wasting 3400 baht ????

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

So private hospitals in Thailand are so "poor" that they cannot afford to buy vaccines?  Hard to believe.  I have contributed(paid) a small fortune to a major private hospital in CNX for years and they always had a lot of people 'working".

I will not "pay" upfront without a few guarantees:

1.  A definite vaccination appointment date

2  Guaranteed 100% refund if the appointment is not met

3. The right to cancel within 30 days of the appointment with a full refund

I already know the answer:  NO, NO, and NO.  

Well that sounds as if you will not be getting your vaccine

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The government?

Its citizens?

Which government and which citizens?

As far as I know everybody in Thailand is supposed to get free vaccination. It just takes time.

We don't live in a so called 1st world country. And looking at 1st world counties like i.e. the USA and the UK and am happy about that.

You can add Australia to the list for me.

I have already had my first free AZ shot here with an appointment for the second on 16 Sept

• Like 1

Back in May the UD Private hospital quoted me 3800 with a refundable deposit!

Also the CSR at the Udon private said expect to pay a DR. fee!

Hopefully the DR charge won't be more than 1k, I could live with that !

IMOP the M vacc from what some news reports have reported, is holding up against  the new variant, as opposed to the AZ and the china vacc.

Edited by riclag

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

Hopefully doesn’t become a chook raffle

43 minutes ago, Tatsujin said:

Perhaps if we could actually register interest first, that would give them the necessary numbers. But so far, none of the websites mentioned (Vimut, ThaiInterVac etc) allowed me to do so.

I know lots of people, myself included, who registered for vaccination on many websites in hope to take the first opportunity. And all those registrations were free. Now how could that problem be solved... 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is good news in a way, but I am concerned about putting 100% down on this. 

I’m concerned can’t even give a list of private hospitals who are participating or perhaps private hospitals aren’t aware as yet

33 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I just got my second Sinovac shot today. I wonder if I can pay 1700 baht and just get one Moderna as a booster.

Not sure if you are serious or not...but my doctor friend in the US told me to get whatever I can now and after the second jab...I can switch to another brand, if desired, after 90 days. I got my first (free) jab of AstraZeneca in Samui last Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silencer said:

Not sure if you are serious or not...but my doctor friend in the US told me to get whatever I can now and after the second jab...I can switch to another brand, if desired, after 90 days. I got my first (free) jab of AstraZeneca in Samui last Sunday. 

Yes, I am serious. I did not want to wait around four, five, or six months for the name brand vaccines. I realize the Sinovac isn't as effective as the others, but it's better than nothing. And nothing is what I would have had, had I not gone ahead with the Sinovac. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andre47 said:

Are you more concerned about loosing 3400 Baht than to get Cocid-19? 

If there was any concern about not getting covid they would not be delaying this private vaccination until October . The vaccine is there to buy . The government will not allow it to be purchased and dispensed privately until they organise the sale of vaccines through their administration and of course get their cut. Protecting the people of Thailand is not a priority for the Government , sadly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

Unfortunately it's already been made quite clear by the hospitals & the govt there will be NO refunds.

32 minutes ago, placnx said:

Even if you got Covid, you should get a single dose of Moderna (or Pfizer). It will provide more lasting immunity.

BTW Just called Chiangmai Ram. They are unaware of the PHA announcement. So they are not taking advance payment from July 1st. A friend told me about 10 days ago that Chiangmai Ram had already paid 30mn Baht for Moderna.

Same answer from Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai!

1 hour ago, club said:

Again not what you posted... first line of that link says 

LONDON, June 14 (Reuters) - COVID-19 vaccines made by Pfizer (PFE.N) and AstraZeneca (AZN.L) offer high protection of more than 90% against hospitalisation from the Delta coronavirus variant, a new analysis by Public Health England (PHE) showed on Monday.

Your post, which appeared to refer to AZ  vaccine was, 'Not effective against the Delta variant' 

Glad we cleared that up.

55 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

I agree but I'm even more worried about having to wait until October and the uncontrolled infections hitting Chiang Mai from Bangkok.

Not feeling too safe in Pattaya..... they will be coming here to eat out!

7 hours ago, Susco said:

Only in Thailand, you have to pay upfront for a vaccine, which MAYBE you then will receive in the next 6 months.

I guess the main reason they lowered the price is because they didn't collect enough advance payments, for something the may never be delivered, and is not refundable.

Don't they have any shame? ( No need to answer that question)

You don't have to pay for the Jabs if you Had registered Early ,There are quite a few of us already had the First Jab, I had AZ  Jab no problems

I have just finished reading an article in the BP that says any Moderna vaccines ordered today from Singapore will be for 2022 since the order books for this years supply are already full.

So if the moderna vaccines that are supposed to be available in October have not yet been ordered where will they be coming from ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

Have the hospitals been told yet ? I don't wanna turn up and be greeted with a blank stare. ????????

A blank stare would be better then scowl. A blank stare could open possibilities, with a cowl, what chance do you have?

5 minutes ago, Silencer said:

I got my first (free) jab of AstraZeneca in Samui last Sunday. 

That's great for you . I would have gladly taken AZ shots before I was offered Pfizer because I'm old. The abundance of AZ in the west is very noticeable now. Even my little Ireland have AZ to spare . It is an effective vaccine but hasn't been approved in the US which left them with massive stocks. Bruce Springsteen announced that AZ vaccinated fans would NOT be allowed in to his concert. ! Will also mean that when the US opens to tourists they may not be allowed in even though they are fully vaccinated with AZ ! ...that's most Brits I'd say. Disneyland family holidays etc. 

What would concern me is paying for it upfront, then experiencing a big delay into 2022 and beyond as the vaccine is sold out, after reading an article published just within the last hour in B....k Post...

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just one more question, does anyone know if partners/wives or boyfriends/husbands, or in my case a Thai girlfriend can also be signed up & paid for ? If anyone gets any info can you post here please, thanks.

My wife over 50 and my son over thirty have both been signed up for the Moderna jab. Whether we get them or not is in the lap of the gods,