Seems like a bit of life has returned to Pattaya.

bbabythai

23 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

my understanding is that it is already happening. CCSA is saying that a lockdown may come, therefore everyone who can is running away to spread whatever they may or may not have among the unsuspecting populace.

You really think there is still some unsuspecting populace ?? And whatever they may or may not have is already spread . I don't understand why people still say they wouldn't prever people from bangkok to come over and spread the virus, as if it's not there yet . It's everywhere live with it . And as if only people from bkk have it so people from every other province or city are welcome because only people from bkk are infected . WATCH THE NR PLATES ON CARS PEOPLE THAT WILL BE SIGN . 555555

• Like 2

Pattaya isn't far from Bangkok , when it is in Bangkok it is certainly also in Pattaya . With present numbers , you can be pretty sure it is everywhere in Thailand , or very soon is . It only takes a infected person going back to 1 of the villages and bring it there . From there to market , local shop , and from there the rest of the community .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My understanding of the Delta variant is that if you're not two dose vaccinated, it's not so much a question of IF you'll be infected, but more like WHEN. 

That is a bad phrase to read, as an Expat in Pattaya, with what appears to be a snowball's chance in hell of getting any jabs whatsoever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My understanding of the Delta variant is that if you're not two dose vaccinated, it's not so much a question of IF you'll be infected, but more like WHEN. 

I thought even the vaccinated can still get infected. It just means the effects are not so severe.

What life is that? A new variant? 555

It's not just Thailand, the world has gone mad.

They over-reacted in the first wave, now they not only under-react, but want to open up as the worst wave -so far- gains momentum.

We are all fed up being grounded, but as hard yards go, it's not exactly the siege of Stalingrad! 

Worldwide people need to stop behaving like spoiled three year olds.

Life is tough and unfair. We collectively need to deal with it until we can all cope with this without being grounded, and that's the way it is, like it or not.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But much less infectious than the unvaccinated.

Vaccinations mitigate severity of symptoms only. No bearing on the infection or transmission of the virus.

I'm sure other 'variants' will be along shortly also.

23 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Oh wow you are really woke . People from pattaya don't visit bkk ?? And i am not counting you .

Let me clarify. Pattaya is a venue for people from Bangkok to do what they cannot at home. They eat in restaurants; including buffets; and sit on the beach and in both instances they interact with people from Pattaya as well as others from Bangkok. There is the opportunity for cross infection and there will be some from Bangkok who are newly infected whilst in Pattaya, drive back home and infect others in their circle.

57 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Vaccinations mitigate severity of symptoms only. No bearing on the infection or transmission of the virus.

I'm sure other 'variants' will be along shortly also.

I think that you wrong on two counts.

Being vaccinated reduces the chances of being infected.

Being vaccinated reduces the chances of infecting others if infected.

You are correct of course that being vaccinated greatly reduces the chances of being hospitalized or dying if infected.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210702/study-says-vaccinated-people-who-get-covid-carry-less-virus

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

Let me clarify. Pattaya is a venue for people from Bangkok to do what they cannot at home. They eat in restaurants; including buffets; and sit on the beach and in both instances they interact with people from Pattaya as well as others from Bangkok. There is the opportunity for cross infection and there will be some from Bangkok who are newly infected whilst in Pattaya, drive back home and infect others in their circle.

Let me clarify , this virus already is everywhere so people from pattaya infect other people from pattaya or you think only people from bkk can infect others ?? I am not saying people from bkk aren't going and coming but the way you explain it all the blame is on people from bkk. Forgot where this virus came from and where it's roaming ?? All over the world . 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1