Thailand reports 8,656 new COVID-19 cases, 80 more deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The Pattaya News publishes the list of restaurants and shops where someone was known to be infected, usually a worker.

Unfortunately, I hit the jackpot, I was at Shabushi on July 5 when there was an infected worker. I am fully vaccinated with Moderna, but my Thai lady friend was not. Now we have to wait to see what happens.

Good luck.  Back in early April, I spent 3 days teaching a class of 5 students for 3 hours per day, without masks, and one student was infected.  Neither myself, nor the other 4 students, tested positive after we found out.  It was a worrying time, but hopefully your friend will be OK.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hopefully, they'll reopen again tomorrow morning at 9 am, which is what they've promised to do, and the same daily thru the 16th, Friday.

No guarantees, but tomorrow it might be worthwhile to try the same link I posted earlier. You never know, they might use the same Google form.

Also, it might be possible that the form is opened before exactly 9am.

Certainly worth a try.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

The drop is not always a Monday, sometimes it’s on Tuesday, sometimes it’s on Sunday. But, it’s always followed by a spike the next day.

I will assume that today’s numbers are driven by a lab processing backlog if announced lab tests today are down around 1,000.

Let’s not belabor the point, we can all wait to see the numbers tomorrow. I think there is a 90% chance of a spike tomorrow IF hospital admissions are not maxed out now.

I actuallly did something I'm rather ashamed of; I actually scrutinized the chart provided by bkkbrian. Most of the past Sundays showed at least a small rise. One Sunday had a big one. It was more mixed for Tuesday  with 2 big drops and a couple of small rises. It looks entirely random to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The drop is not always a Monday, sometimes it’s on Tuesday, sometimes it’s on Sunday. But, it’s always followed by a spike the next day.

I will assume that today’s numbers are driven by a lab processing backlog if announced lab tests today are down around 1,000.

Let’s not belabor the point, we can all wait to see the numbers tomorrow. I think there is a 90% chance of a spike tomorrow IF hospital admissions are not maxed out now.

A true spike would be something like 15K. If it's back around the high 9k or into 10k it's just the trend line.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Why does he repeat the same message every day?

Did anyone win the lottery, I mean, was able to register for a vaccine on the Bumrungrad International Hospital website today? The registration limit this morning was reached within only a few minutes. If you weren’t, I hope you have better luck tomorrow. Stay safe! #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1414407494525353986

Hope someone did, but not me. Was on Bumrungrad's site for the 4th day today - got deep-sixed at 9:09am.

Tomorrow is another day.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

A true spike would be something like 15K. If it's back around the high 9k or into 10k it's just the trend line.

If today is an artifact of lab processing, then tomorrow we should hit 10K, assuming hospitals are not maxed out.

5 minutes ago, blackcab said:

No guarantees, but tomorrow it might be worthwhile to try the same link I posted earlier. You never know, they might use the same Google form.

Also, it might be possible that the form is opened before exactly 9am.

Certainly worth a try.

If I still needed/wanted a first shot, I'd be knocking on their door early and often re the 9 am opening time, and let's see what happens with them daily for the rest of this week.

Numbers seem to be going up as expected............

Booster vaccine shot to be provided as 880 medics contracted Covid-19

The Department of Disease Control on Sunday reported that 880 medical professionals had been infected by the virus of the around 700,000 cases since the start of the latest Covid-19 wave in April,

Of the medics infected, 19.7 per cent, or 173 people, had not been vaccinated.

“Of the medics who had been infected, seven people died. Five were not vaccinated, while one had received a dose of Sinovac and another had received two doses of Sinovac,” said Dr Sophon Iamsirithaworn, the department’s director-general.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003124

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

As I said that will not be a spike.

Fine. We will call this phenomenon “one day with unusually low new infection numbers followed by a day with the highest numbers ever”.

if using the words “artifact” and “spike” trigger some people, we shouldn’t use them.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw a new field style hospital with tents set up under an over cross in Khlong Toei on the news.

20210712_071042.jpg

Is this maybe an attempt to take care of the Homeless that are possibly infected ?, or at least some kind of way to monitor them.

Surely to God,its not a Field Hospital.

21 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Back in early April, I spent 3 days teaching a class of 5 students for 3 hours per day, without masks, and one student was infected.

Bet wasn't infected with Delta.

Did you make follow up inquiry.

Somewhat surprising as at that time you were advocating that schools should be open.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, heyx2rr said:

OK, was able to get to the form, and after filling it out and submitting it I received this notice indicating that they are no longer accepting applications....

1955348443_ScreenShot2021-07-12at09_29_38.png.3f4f59db5011342ff01f96304623a939.png

they misspelled Pattaya

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The word you are searching for is “artifact”, as in “the low numbers on Mondays or Tuesdays are an artifact - due to the prior weekend”.

As I have posted whenever there is a big drop in reported cases on a Monday or Tuesday.

I bet you only recently learnt that; everyone and their dog being an expert on covid related matters n all. Only thing I know is Thailand is woefully behind on testing — no incentive and little means — and these figures are bs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

The government has started doing Rapid Antigen testing at three locations today with a fourth on Wednesday. Today they expect to process 1,000 tests per location (results in 30 minutes) but this will be increased to 10,000 tests per day for the four locations ( Nation Photo)

ImageImageImage

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414378251875536904

1 hour ago, rabas said:

That will be an added 30,000 tests to their current 65,000 - 70,000 max PCR tests. Not much, considering how many PCR tests are needed to treat and test active patients.

I read this as a total of 10,000 tests for all of the four locations at an eventual 2,500 tests per site.

10,000 tests per site (4 sites not 3) would be an increase of  40,000 tests or a 60% increase over current testing, which I find a bit optimistic.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I need my first shot and I'm over 60.

However this whole registration thing from the very start has been hit and miss. Failure.

Boy cried woof comes to mind.

I'm in the given up camp. 

Hoping at some point private enterprise can be invited to the party obviously at a cost.

Until then will sulk in the corner.

Understand that feeling, for sure, based on the recent history.

The only light at the end of the tunnel prospect in that kind of thinking is.... if enough farangs end up feeling the same as you, that might actually open up some opportunities that previously wouldn't have existed because enough folks have given up trying.

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

IIRC, Chile was a country that mostly used Sinovac. How is the infection rate in Chile now?

Population 19 million. Yesterday 2,769 infections and 131 deaths so not so good but better than before. We will have to see. >60% vaccinated but now it seems sinovac protection drops rapidly after 30 days. The WHO needs to come out now and stop the administration of this now known very flawed vaccine. Of course they will not because of CCP pressure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

I bet you only recently learnt that; everyone and their dog being an expert on covid related matters n all. Only thing I know is Thailand is woefully behind on testing — no incentive and little means — and these figures are bs. 

Yep. I only learned about the periodic one day drops in lab testing recently. When they started appearing.

Your dismissal of Thailand’s lab testing is not very nuanced. Are you suggesting that the numbers released don’t reflect actual processing, or are you just saying they don’t test enough?

5 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm glad I registered for the placebo for which there was no queue!

2 shots of patron silver tequila with a slice of lime and some salt?  I had that myself, hope it works.....

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Population 19 million. Yesterday 2,769 infections and 131 deaths so not so good but better than before. We will have to see. >60% vaccinated but now it seems sinovac protection drops rapidly after 30 days. The WHO needs to come out now and stop the administration of this now known very flawed vaccine. Of course they will not because of CCP pressure.

We have to be careful not to embrace a single study as being definitive.

If Sinovac is worthless, why are Chile’s numbers improving?

47 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Go back and look at the weekend numbers there has been no discernible pattern of Monday dips and you suggest the testing numbers were down so can you show me the numbers so I and everyone else can see that what you say is correct?If you can show me the numbers that would be great if not your "guess" is as good as mine or Dman's or anybody else.Why do I feel like a mushroom?What will the next few days show without testing numbers?Or did I forget my sarcasm filter this morning?

Seems like you must be bored and just decided to attempt a wind up. Sorry to dissappoint

• Like 1