Phuket Sandbox is not closing and has actually been a success, set to generate billions of baht: govt

webfact

2 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Misquoted originally by Phuket News and been corrected many times on different threads on TV. For the one person positive on arrival to date, his travel group (12) and the poor lady sat next to him were asked to ALQ. They were sat in economy and only included his row and the two rows behind and in front. All other passengers continued as normal. There were 142 passengers on that Emirates flight (2f-30j-110y)

The guys next to him in the queue to plane, deplane, at the next urinal etc, were all in the clear also.

hope they didn’t get covid. Probably ok because I think he was from UAE and beta is the dominant strain there, so not the most transmissible.

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

So if you live in Phuket maybe you have the opportunity to go and see how many planes they pose on a daily basis if the indications are correct in the airport panels, it would be interesting to report the reality.

You can look over internet with any flight tracker app

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said there was no truth to suggestions that the sandbox had been abandoned amid a rise in infections calling it fake news and pointing his finger at bad people who suggested that. He urged the public not to share this nonsense.

The only thing that was nonsense was diverting crucial vaccines to Phuket away from Bangkok and surrounding areas... now the rest of the country will pay the price for the utterly useless sandbox scheme.

Any money generated there is ultimately lost trying to treat the rest of the country...

Show me the profit in that? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

What a load of BS in that case i look forward to The Samui opening tomorrow hoping to see loads of tourist spending loads of money on What, everywhere is shut . Lies lies and noughting  but lies . i expect to see the beach venders wearing designer suits after 6 weeks 

Only 12 arrive in Samui on the first day

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, wasabi said:

The people running the show have shown a propensity for wildly unrealistic and inaccurate estimates.

That talent is why they are running the show !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I guess the question is WHOM was it a success for?

I Guess if they Subtract the number of expats leaving Thailand from the small amounts arriving then they will find that they better let the plane that is full of the Rich Indians land now … It’s been up there for 14 months “;0)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These "officials" have no shame nor honor.

"Extrapolated at the same rate it would mean around 36,600 visits before the end of September, notes ASEAN Now. ".

More fortune telling.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pagallim said:

The logistics of how ever many folk use this facility is going to be interesting.   They'll initially land in BKK, presumably with other people destined for ASQ in BKK, then Bangkok Airways flight to Samui.   I look forward to reading of the first hand experiences.

Then they have some big event going on with around 50 government officials lets see how that goes

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

The guys next to him in the queue to plane, deplane, at the next urinal etc, were all in the clear also.

hope they didn’t get covid. Probably ok because I think he was from UAE and beta is the dominant strain there, so not the most transmissible.

Agreed, and whilst the arrival numbers are small, then thankfully, I would guess and hope that the risks en route are small. Nevertheless, it is a risk and travellers should be very aware of that. I needed to get back to Thailand, took the risk, and seem to have got away with it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

You can look over internet with any flight tracker app

Please look at the comment I replied to DFBPhuket said that the airport's internet flights are out of date