Covid extension denied

12 hours ago, DDJJ said:

Thank you for the reply Ubonjoe. He was the supervisor who told me to leave the country and not take advantage of the covid extension. I mean, besides the extension fee, I'm spending around 65-80k monthly, more in some months. Planning to go back home in October but I guess the IO doesn't want us around anymore.

Thats the attitude of immigration since the junta took over.

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no rule or regulation that states you cannot get another one. Probably just a officer voicing his own opinion.

You should try again and ask to talk to their supervisor about it.

This guy is among the best. Accept his experienced opinion and try again.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DDJJ said:

Thank you for the reply Ubonjoe. He was the supervisor who told me to leave the country and not take advantage of the covid extension. I mean, besides the extension fee, I'm spending around 65-80k monthly, more in some months. Planning to go back home in October but I guess the IO doesn't want us around anymore.

I spend less as possible and save my salary. 55555555

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Maestro said:

With "last March", do you mean March of last year, ie March 2020?

I think so yes, entered March 2020 on a 30 day visa, managed to get extensions ever since, after 15 months they now say bye bye time to go home, holiday is over.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I think so yes, entered March 2020 on a 30 day visa, managed to get extensions ever since, after 15 months they now say bye bye time to go home, holiday is over.

He did not enter with a visa. He entered visa exempt.

As I have said before it is just the opinion of officer. There is nothing to support his opinion and the order for the 60 day extension is is in the process of being extended again.

51 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Traveling to your home country is not always that simple, quarantine at a cost, this form and that form, get the Cvirus clearance within 72 hours then flight is cancelled. I am referring to flying to the UK here.

That is not Thailands immigration's primary concern.... the extensions were granted for when your home country had closed borders, not if it was difficult.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alw22 said:

Why do you think Thailand is pushing so hard to get tourists back in the country with Phuket sandbox, etc?   They want foreigners here spending money to boost the economy.  Obviously a big reason they offer covid extensions is to keep us here spending money.  That's why it's ridiculous when you guys say he's abusing the extensions when he's doing exactly what the government wants.

Since when did your monthly spend give you any rights in any country?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Since when did your monthly spend give you any rights in any country?

Indicators of how much one is likely to spend and the potential benefits to the local economy are certainly factors a country considers when making its rules for visas and tourism, e.g., the covid extension.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alw22 said:

Indicators of how much one is likely to spend and the potential benefits to the local economy are certainly factors a country considers when making its rules for visas and tourism, e.g., the covid extension.

Not for spending money on groceries and beer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He did not enter with a visa. He entered visa exempt.

As I have said before it is just the opinion of officer. There is nothing to support his opinion and the order for the 60 day extension is is in the process of being extended again.

You are incorrect. The rules state: for the reason of covid.

Covid has nothing to do with this. Unless he is from the 1 or 2 countries still sealed off he can catch a plane home. The op is abusing the intended reason for the extensions and should now be removed from the country.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, alw22 said:

Why do you think Thailand is pushing so hard to get tourists back in the country with Phuket sandbox, etc?   They want foreigners here spending money to boost the economy.  Obviously a big reason they offer covid extensions is to keep us here spending money.  That's why it's ridiculous when you guys say he's abusing the extensions when he's doing exactly what the government wants.

Thailand wants rich tourists who can spend lots of money and not backpackers on a shoestring budget eating 30 baht plate of rice everyday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, 5ilver said:

I just don't get why some fellow forumers find the need to accuse others of 'abusing' the COVID extension.

As far as I am concerned the people who are "abusing" the COVID extension are officers at the rogue Samut Prakan and Nonthaburi immigration offices.

• Like 2