Sandbox "tourist" comes to Thailand and picks up the litter - gets praise from the media

webfact

2 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

So left on their own for 2 years, no locals thought it might be a good idea to clean up the trash on the beaches? The mind boggles

Who says? Maybe they do? Another bandwagon passenger?????

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He had come all the way from England, where he had been working, to see his wife and children on Phuket  after being separated for two years due to the pandemic.

Not really a tourists, rather a Sandbox-arrival, but anyway good he came, both for his family and for the economy.

• Like 1

I used to think that this was a ok thing, but after the treatment I have received as a westerner in this crisis, I think what an idiot, cleaning up where it should be Thai's doing it.  Are they going to treat you any better for doing this??? I think not.  Probably laughing with each other at the falang'

• Like 2

Come!  Come to Sandbox Phuket and pick up the litter yourself.  If enough of you come, the beaches will again be "pristine!"  Come come.  Pay to clean up Thailand!

• Like 1

How embarrassing is that ? Shame on you Phuket !

Bad publicity spreads fast these days and Thailand has been too complacent for too long. You say you now want to attract hi-so tourists ? - Then stop acting like a 3rd world country !

Edited by Phuket Pete

7 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

So left on their own for 2 years, no locals thought it might be a good idea to clean up the trash on the beaches? The mind boggles

It like the rest of Thailand its not there responsibility,  maybe with the PM,s latest news of the SPACE AFFAIR ACT and God knows how many billions will be spent or syphoned off and wasted , imagine spending that money on rubbish disposal plants and recycling factories and educating rather than burning it dumping it and burying it, sorry l was dreaming there for a minute 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

No, they can sleep together, either at SHA plus hotel or at home, after daily checking at hotel, if they live in Phuket. 

Will it be mandatory to stay in SHA+ hotels only? Can we stay in a friend’s house or our own condo?

No, you can only stay in SHA+ accommodation only for the first 14 nights before you can stay in private accommodation.

5 hours ago, IraqRon said:

I used to think that this was a ok thing, but after the treatment I have received as a westerner in this crisis, I think what an idiot, cleaning up where it should be Thai's doing it.  Are they going to treat you any better for doing this??? I think not.  Probably laughing with each other at the falang'

The planet is ours. Cleaning it up is quite rewarding in itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mancub said:

Will it be mandatory to stay in SHA+ hotels only? Can we stay in a friend’s house or our own condo?

No, you can only stay in SHA+ accommodation only for the first 14 nights before you can stay in private accommodation.

Sandboxers can only use SHA accommodation.

14 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Here in Texas, crews come by every morning and pick up trash that's floated in overnight.  (Crews financed by the city's hotel taxes)  And every morning, there's more. 

If it had been 2 years, he'd need a container truck and a crew of 50.  Kudos to the guy in any case. 

What's he know about tarballs?

Edited by impulse

15 hours ago, mancub said:

Yes, but you only need to check in at your room once a day, at night, and nobody knows if you stay there to sleep or go somewhere else to sleep. 

Anyway, since hotel room and breakfast is already paid, I should better stay there with my wife instead of going home, unless they have young children to take care at home.

20 hours ago, IraqRon said:

I think what an idiot, cleaning up where it should be Thai's doing it.  Are they going to treat you any better for doing this???

You don't do it for Thailand, you do it for yourself and the environment.  Who wants a filthy beach ? 

• Like 1